How many "The Bats" do you think Hot Toys will sell to customers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's a high-priced, space eating product. They'll probably sell between...

• 100-200

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • 200-300

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • 300-400

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • 400-500

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • 500-600

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • 600-700

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 700-800

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 800-900

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 900-1000

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • 1000+

Votes: 55 33.5%

• Total voters
All of them. This thing will be an investment piece for re-sellers.

All of them. This thing will be an investment piece for re-sellers.

Doubtful. The higher price something is when it first comes out, the less a target for flippers. And flippers would be stupid to invest in any HT item, especially after the toyfair Batman/Bruce wayne and Scarecrow/Demon Bat. HT will always meet demand or re manufacture if they have to.

Add me to the list of getting one. I might just hang it on wires on my ceiling in the corner of the study. Might as well complete the set since I've gone way too deep into the void LOL

:rotfl :lecture

Doubtful. The higher price something is when it first comes out, the less a target for flippers. And flippers would be stupid to invest in any HT item, especially after the toyfair Batman/Bruce wayne and Scarecrow/Demon Bat. HT will always meet demand or re manufacture if they have to.

Yupp

Also. I have to believe this thing would ship with some assembly required
No way there can ship this as a built sold piece. NO WAY. The box would have to be over 5ft long, 3ft wide and 2ft tall... 30! cubic feet :rotfl

I think the cockpit, top and two 'arms' will be all seperate to make the box a relatively more manageable size

Damn you, autocorrect, damn you to he'll!

EDIT: Dammit, it did it again! :mad:

Last edited:
I think this will be a fairly low run. I think they'll only build say 500 of these things.

On every Batmobile thread one of the main points is 'where will I put it!' ....but at leat the Batmobile is still the general size of a cabinet/bookshelf or table.

'The Bat' is enormous and is a whole different animal in terms of space. That'll strike a lot of people off instantly.

And it works against Hot Toys too. They have to manufacture, store, and ship everything ....that eats up time and resources.
Have you seen the pics of all the Nolan Batmobiles lined up?
How are they going to organize 1000+ bat planes? , even if its done in batches it will take an insane amount of room and space.

You can count me one for sure. I will beg my wife and sell some of my HT just to get this displayed behind my DX 12 :)

Hope noone takes offense to this, but in this bleak economy a 2nd or 3rd job is out of the question, I may need to start selling blood & sperm.

How many Tumblers did they sell? Bet it'll be a similar number. If people are willing to spend $500 on that behemoth, most of them'll spend $800-$1000 on this one.

SnakeDoc

I heard the Bat is 30 feet long, so the HT Bat will be about 5 feet. Not many people have the space for that, especially with a two foot tumbler in the toy room.

I heard the Bat is 30 feet long, so the HT Bat will be about 5 feet. Not many people have the space for that, especially with a two foot tumbler in the toy room.

Nah, from all the sneak peaks, it doesn't look all that much longer than the Tumbler. If the Tumbler is 2 feet, then I expect the Bat to be 3 to 3.5 feet... still long, but 5 feet would be half width of a 10 ft wall. I'm sitting in a 10x10 office and just visualizing that against the wall makes 5 ft seem way off. So around 3.5 feet (+/- 0.2) sounds more realistic. That's 1.7 meters to the rest of the world... losers.... USA, USA, USA!!!! 120 volts for life _____es!!!
:nana:

Still waiting for after the movie to decide.

Then again, after the movie I will also be deciding if I will be a Batman only collector.

I bet the 1/6 Hulk will fit in this beast.

People were paying $1200+ for the Tumbler before HT decided to re-release it. Doubtful The Bat will ever see a re-release with this being the last Nolan Batman. The Bat will be even more limited in production run due to size/cost. I think this will be a grail piece a few years from now on the secondary market.

Nah, from all the sneak peaks, it doesn't look all that much longer than the Tumbler. If the Tumbler is 2 feet, then I expect the Bat to be 3 to 3.5 feet... still long, but 5 feet would be half width of a 10 ft wall. I'm sitting in a 10x10 office and just visualizing that against the wall makes 5 ft seem way off. So around 3.5 feet (+/- 0.2) sounds more realistic. That's 1.7 meters to the rest of the world... losers.... USA, USA, USA!!!! 120 volts for life _____es!!!
:nana:

It looks at lot longer than the Tumbler here

1600x1200v.jpg

Six. They'll sell six. And only one guy will actually have room to display it; the other five will end up in storage in their parent's attic.

It looks at lot longer than the Tumbler here

1600x1200v.jpg

You might get a better idea from this video. WARNING: Spoilers... sorta.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmn3lC7rwJ0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Back