How many movies have you see in 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Yeah, this has been a good year for me and films that I like. Hell, there are still films coming out that I will be seeing so I should probably end around 30-35. AMC has their stubs program and it didn't start until around March/April for every $100 you spend on tickets/concessions you get $10 to spend. I think my account says I've earned since then $70 in money from them.

Interesting...I did not know this existed. Thanks for bringing that to my attention :)

So you buy expensive BRs to go see movies for less at the theatres. Nice.

btw How are you John? Miss you man. Hope you're still keeping fit!
Most of the blu rays were like $10.00 with a $10.00 movie ticket. Then I would usually see two movies with that ticket. Some were even cheaper. I picked up all 4 X-Men movies for $7.99 with $12.00 tickets to see First Class on each one. It is pretty much a no brainer if I am planning to see the movie anyway. :lol

I saw more movies than I thought :slap

Sucker Punch
Cars 2
Rio
Horrible Bosses
Battle: Los Angeles
Hop
Thor x 2
Bridesmaids
POTC: Stranger Tides
Kung Fu Panda 2
XFC x2
Green Lantern
Mr Popper's Penguins
Zookeeper
Captain America: First Avenger x2
The Smurfs

Thanks! Yeah, this has been a good year for me and films that I like. Hell, there are still films coming out that I will be seeing so I should probably end around 30-35. AMC has their stubs program and it didn't start until around March/April for every $100 you spend on tickets/concessions you get $10 to spend. I think my account says I've earned since then $70 in money from them.

I used to have the movie watcher card, but didn't get the stubs card when they switched over since I rarely go to my local AMC anymore. The local theatre chain here has a great rewards program similar to stubs which works out pretty good. You get a point for every dollar you spend up to 30 a day and you get a reward at every 45 points. The rewards start over once you hit 360 points. At 315 you get 2 free movie tickets and at 360 you get 2 tickets, plus two large drinks, and a large popcorn. So if you go a lot, it really pays off.

Season of the Witch
The Green Hornet
Rango
Paul
The Source Code
Rio
Thor
Pirates OTC 4
Kung Fu Panda 2
x-Men First Class
Super 8
Green Lantern
Cars 2
Transformers 3
Captain America
Cowboys & Aliens
Lord of the Rings EE

I think that's it, but I'm not sure. There was quite a few I wanted to see but didn't.

Most of the blu rays were like $10.00 with a $10.00 movie ticket. Then I would usually see two movies with that ticket. Some were even cheaper. I picked up all 4 X-Men movies for $7.99 with $12.00 tickets to see First Class on each one. It is pretty much a no brainer if I am planning to see the movie anyway. :lol

Figured, you were always a brilliant consumer.

Just never had much for style and that couch, get a new one!

Oh I am sorry Josh. I'll behave. For you... for now.

Next minute, I can't say.

I do want to see Fright Night and that sequel to Gorillas in the Mist that came out last week.

Thanks Eli. :lol

Interesting...I did not know this existed. Thanks for bringing that to my attention :)

No problem. Its a pretty sweet program. It costs $12 to join but if you have the money on your card you can use that to pay for your membership.

I used to have the movie watcher card, but didn't get the stubs card when they switched over since I rarely go to my local AMC anymore. The local theatre chain here has a great rewards program similar to stubs which works out pretty good. You get a point for every dollar you spend up to 30 a day and you get a reward at every 45 points. The rewards start over once you hit 360 points. At 315 you get 2 free movie tickets and at 360 you get 2 tickets, plus two large drinks, and a large popcorn. So if you go a lot, it really pays off.

The AMC's around here are the only ones I go to mostly. The others tend to be a babbysitting place or way too many freaking teenagers. Thats a pretty sweet program though!

- New Kids Turbo
- Tron Legacy
- True Grit
- Sucker Punch
- Thor (2x)
- Fast Five (2x)
- On Stranger Tides
- The Hangover Part II
- X-Men First Class
- Transformers 3
- Captain America
- Horrible Bosses
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes

So 15 visits to the theatre so far! :)

Thanks Eli. :lol

No problem. Its a pretty sweet program. It costs $12 to join but if you have the money on your card you can use that to pay for your membership.

The AMC's around here are the only ones I go to mostly. The others tend to be a babbysitting place or way too many freaking teenagers. Thats a pretty sweet program though!

AMC used to be my go to place, until the local chain built the new Imax closer to me. The other nice thing about that rewards card was they switched computer systems a couple years ago and had to redo their program. When you turned in your old card they gave you a couple free movie tickets, drinks and popcorn. Then when you signed up for the new program they gave you 200 points automatically and the rewards to go with it. On top of that, when you use those Hollywood Movie Money tickets off the blu rays, you get points on those purchases since they are treated like a credit card transaction. I love free stuff.:lol

Damn thats pretty nice! Yeah, thats the one bad thing about AMC is those movie money deals are worthless there. I have two free tickets to Cap that I won't be using because of it. I hate the other theater places around here. Though, the last time I saw Cap I saw it for $5 and ate for free (had enough money to get this awesome sampler and a large coke $20) Which was a better deal than if I had used the free ticket at the closer theater.

Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides
Transformers Dark of the moon
Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows part 2
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Scream 4
Paul
Your Highness
Transformers 3
X-Men First Class
Thor
Green Lantern
Brides Maids :lol
Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 2
The Hangover part 2

I'm sure there's more. Soon to be Fright Night.

As far as what I've seen in the theater goes:

Water for Elephants
Thor
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
X-Men: First Class
Green Lantern
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Captain America: The First Avenger (3D and again in 2D)
Cowboys and Aliens

Battle for LA
Cars 2
Suckerpunch
Thor
Paul
X-men 1st Class
Transformers 3
HP: DH pt 2
Cap America
PLanet of the Apes
30 mins or less

LOL, half of those have been in the last 5 weeks because going to a cinema in the US is so cheap ($5ish) compared to the stupid prices we pay back home ($15ish)

The Green Hornet(in 3D)
Just Go With It
Thor(in 3D) x2
Paul
Pirates of the Caribbean:On Stranger Tides(in 3D)
The Hangover: Part II
Super 8
X-Men First Class x2(another at the discount theater)
Limitless
Green Lantern(in 3D) x2
Transformers: Dark of the Moon(in 3D)
Horrible Bosses
Captain America:The First Avenger(in 3D)
Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 2(in 3D)
Cowboys & Aliens
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Bridesmaids x2(Both at the discount theater)
Larry Crowne (at the discount theater)

As for ticket stubs, Warner Bros. has a program where you send pics of your ticket stubs, and you earn points for each that can be used for Blu's and other merchandise. You also earn points for entering digital copy codes for Blu's and DVD's that you buy.

Back