How many movies have you watched in total? (your interesting facts?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crows

Super Freak
Reaction score
this is an interesting question, Does anyone have an actual list of all the movies you have ever seen? in a lifetime? made me wonder is everyone's number in the thousands? tens of thousands?

after watching a movie I rate it online, (I also rated the movies I saw as a kid) the other day I was bored so I decided to see how many movies I had rated in total.
And it came out to 1,970 movies
(probably an average/small number to most people) but it felt like a lot. if Let's say the average movie is 1 hour and a half, that would be 2955 hours. If my calculation is correct, that's the equivalent of 124 days of movies straight. (I think)

I started to look at the list and Also found out some interesting facts of my viewing experience:

-the amount of bad movies is much higher than the amount of good movies. I don't do this on purpose, maybe i get suckered in by the trailers. I don't pick bad movies on purpose or anything. Just whatever seemed interesting at the time, the bad list is a lot bigger

-the genre with the highest ratings is comedy for some reason, the genre with the lowest ratings on my list is horror. (yet I used to be more of a horror fan, never considered myself a comedy fan, kind of odd)

-Of the whole list, the movies I remember the most are the really bad ones (non-horror), And some of the really good ones,
action movies are just a blur in my mind, they feel very repetitive and cliche. I remember action scenes from some of them, but I can't remember the story or even the actors in them. with some action movies I can't remember anything at all!

-(1 star movies are burned in my memory apparently.... I remember Everything about them) This bothers me a lot now that I think about it, I guess they pissed me of so much they got stuck in my brain.

-seems to me that the 90s was the Worst decade for movies (so far) the 90s has some of the best movies ever made, but most of the decade is full of stinkers (more than now)

the list made me realize:
comedies are the most enjoyable
action is a big waste of time
it is really hard to pick Good horror movies
most of the time animated movies are very good
movies today are not as bad as the 90s.

TL;DR I would love to know your viewing numbers and your movie viewing fun facts!

Last edited:
I don't think I could list everything I've ever seen in my life. But I did try to list everything I'd ever seen in the cinema at one point. Easier to do.

Last edited:
In the 13 years I've had an IMDB account, I have rated 1,502 movies. I'm sure the number is much higher. Always watching stuff.

I didn't rate tv shows or cartoons, and I think I am missing a couple of movies too ( movies that I saw before making the IMDB account)
it is kind of crazy how much time we spend in front of screens when you think about it (both on the computer and in front of the tv)

I didn't rate tv shows or cartoons, and I think I am missing a couple of movies too ( movies that I saw before making the IMDB account)
it is kind of crazy how much time we spend in front of screens when you think about it (both on the computer and in front of the tv)

Far, far too much, truth be told.

I don't know how many films I've seen, but I do know how many times I've seen Terminator 2, which is my favorite film of all time. I've seen it about 1000 times since 1991, which is an average 40 times per year (more or less), but not in recent years. Now I just watch it once a month, maybe more if it's on TV, like last week. However, in the 90's I was obsessed with it :lol

I don't know how many films I've seen, but I do know how many times I've seen Terminator 2, which is my favorite film of all time. I've seen it about 1000 times since 1991, which is an average 40 times per year (more or less), but not in recent years. Now I just watch it once a month, maybe more if it's on TV, like last week. However, in the 90's I was obsessed with it :lol

It's the father of the modern blockbuster and honestly every scene is an experience that most movies can't live up to.

I've actually tried to make a list of every movie I have seen. I stopped at about 800 because I kept remembering ones I already wrote. Definitely recommend doing that electronically lol but it was interesting to remember these pieces of my life and when they made their impression on me.

when i was a kid i did see Jurassic park 100 times (after school everyday) and Terminator 2 used to be played at my daycare every other day so i saw it at least 100 times as well

(my list doesn't even include repeat viewings of movies... JesusChrist . :panic: )

I've rated 2748 movies on Netflix. I'm sure it's probably double that amount since Netflix doesn't have a lot of stuff and I don't rate everything I see. Damn, that's a lot of time sitting on my ass.

I've rated 2748 movies on Netflix. I'm sure it's probably double that amount since Netflix doesn't have a lot of stuff and I don't rate everything I see. Damn, that's a lot of time sitting on my ass.

K9sqPH4.png
:monkey3

Back