How many hope they go all out on the 1/6 droids?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to core characters and iconic representations of them I fully support going all out even if it means a slightly higher price point. I would definitely be willing to pay more for the droids and Chewbacca to get them right, fully accessorized and accurate the first time around.

Lights were never essential for me but now that I've seen how they can be applied (re Hot Toys Iron Man) I wouldn't mind them being included. Perhaps rather than an on/off switch, they could be illuminated by turning the droid's head or moving some other part disguising the switch.

Regardless the droids and Chewie are core characters that don't change outfits so Sideshow should go all out and deliver the perfect representation.

I'd be in without a doubt. Honestly, even without lights I would be in. I want 3PO and R2 more than any other characters.

I'd be totally interested in the R2-D2 and C-3PO in 1/6 scale (and 1/4 as well). And I wouldn't mind to get later some 1/6 Imperials droids as well.

R2 and 3PO's perfect, others welcome too. I like to have the sexy chrome female driod in Ep3 and others from KOTOR!

I'd be in without a doubt. Honestly, even without lights I would be in. I want 3PO and R2 more than any other characters.

Same here. R2, 3P0 and Chewie are now my most-wanted figures, by far.

I'd go ga-ga for some Sand People and Cantina aliens, too!

I would rather they sell them separately. I don't want them making sacrifices to price them under a certain threshold for a boxed set.

Do you think Sideshow will sell R2D2 & C3PO as a box set?
Not sure. I can see them going either way, actually. Certainly it would make sense to do them as a set. But the pricing may be the deciding factor. Still, I don't think there are many people who would get one but not the other (except maybe to try and get some extras of one or the other for customizing).

I would like them, but my big budget hitters I will only allow for troops,
maybe the exclusives could have the bells & whistles like light up eyes, but for me I need a moderate price range

I would rather they sell them separately. I don't want them making sacrifices to price them under a certain threshold for a boxed set.

Initially, I saw a boxed set as the best thing as they wouldn't have many accessories, but then got to thinking. There's the restraining bolts, 3PO's com, R2's telescope and many arms and accessories so I guess they could sell them separately. Maybe even, if no lights, do a 3PO, since he'd be light on accessories, with two headsculpts, eyes painted on and off. Again, though, in the end, I'd gladly trade all the bells and whistles for two high quality, poseable figues to replace the Hasbros I have now.

Same here. R2, 3P0 and Chewie are now my most-wanted figures, by far.

I'd go ga-ga for some Sand People and Cantina aliens, too!

That's pretty much my top list as well. Enough troopers and humans. Bring on the droids and aliens. :banana

I dont have much hope that SS will swing for the fences on these, even though they are arguably the single most iconic characters in SW history and possibly all of film history! I dont think we'll see any lights, sounds, or double portraits. Love the effort they made on the Sandy, but they've been flying on mediocre for some time now. They seem to be great at doing "just enough"!

Seriously? I have a 12" Hasbro C-3PO that has light-up eyes and talks. Surely Sideshow can at least do lights.

Seriously. I'd trade the dumb lights, stupid voice features and the measly 10 points of articulation (less if you're talking about the TMP version) for a 3PO with a sculpt 100% better and 20+ points of articulation. Wouldn't you?

Back