How many hope they go all out on the 1/6 droids?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously? I have a 12" Hasbro C-3PO that has light-up eyes and talks. Surely Sideshow can at least do lights.

If Hasbro can do this years ago and Hot Toys can do it now with Iron Man, I would expect Sideshow could make C-3PO with lights. I'm not sure how much I'd have them on, but they'd be cool nonetheless.

This is certainly true, but it's setting the bar pretty low.

Well, that's your opinion. I don't think so. Expecting a sculpt on 3PO that's accurate yet highly articulated (especially given his limiters) is setting the bar much higher than Hasbro. Additionally, a realistically scaled R2 with all the arms and parascope is also setting it fairly high. Lights are nothing more than a gimmick. They might fool some, that's fine. If you need to be oooohd and aaaaahd by flashy lights and voice chips, that's okay too. It's a gimmick Hasbro used that certainly worked for kids. Again, for me, it's all about the sculpts and articulation. The rest is just gravy.

If Hasbro can do this years ago and Hot Toys can do it now with Iron Man, I would expect Sideshow could make C-3PO with lights. I'm not sure how much I'd have them on, but they'd be cool nonetheless.

This is also an important point. I'd almost rather prefer two different headsculpts, lights on/lights off (with lights off being the Ex), than dump $$$ on watch batteries every week to replace the burned out ones because if he has lights, there's really no other way to display him than with lights on.

Last edited:
With all the Jedis we have, I would love to see some Battle Droids soon.

There's a problem with the battle droid design. It works on a computer, but in an actual physical world, that thing has no realistic way of staying upright. It would topple with the slightest nudge.

With all the Jedis we have, I would love to see some Battle Droids soon.

I had to dig out my Hasbro BDs from the Ep I line a while ago, they work quite well but aren't v posable, trouble is, I can't see how this could be improved upon .

Cheers,
Doug

I had to dig out my Hasbro BDs from the Ep I line a while ago, they work quite well but aren't v posable, trouble is, I can't see how this could be improved upon .

Cheers,
Doug

I agree. While there's no doubt that the protocol and R2 units could use an update, the Battle Droids and SBDs Hasbro produced really just need a repaint.

The biggest problem I have with the Hasbro BDs is that the legs have the frequent problem of being warped. I usually use stands for figures, but aesthectically the warping is not attractive.

I bought 5 of the Hasbro 12" Battle Droids for $3.99 a piece when they were on clearance at a Kmart years ago. :rock

Actually, quite a decent figure.

The biggest problem I have with the Hasbro BDs is that the legs have the frequent problem of being warped. I usually use stands for figures, but aesthectically the warping is not attractive.

Yeah, I had that problem too. They really need to be made of a different kind of plastic, but that molds themselves aren't bad.

This is certainly true, but it's setting the bar pretty low.

If Sideshow needs to set the bar low, they should just do us a favor and let Hot Toys create these figures. I am sure HT has already learned a great deal from designing the Endoskeleton and Iron Men.

If Sideshow needs to set the bar low, they should just do us a favor and let Hot Toys create these figures. I am sure HT has already learned a great deal from designing the Endoskeleton and Iron Men.

Yet another post, brought to you by the people behind:

header1_left.jpg

Why do people assume that HT would make figures SS? Or that SS would let HT use their Star Wars license? One thing is working on a body (No license needed) another is to use a license that is not theirs. I dont think SS can just lend the license to just anyone, since it belongs to Hasbro. I could be wrong but I think there are limitations.

I think the reason is that HT has expressed interest in doing Star Wars stuff, plus they are making Hellboy figures with Sideshow's license, apparently.

Last edited:
Why do people assume that HT would make figures SS? Or that SS would let HT use their Star Wars license? One thing is working on a body (No license needed) another is to use a license that is not theirs. I dont think SS can just lend the license to just anyone, since it belongs to Hasbro. I could be wrong but I think there are limitations.

He's already started a thread here saying "Do you wish HotToys would make the Droids?" So it's no surprise to see Justin finally show his true motive and plant that post. He's probably been waiting oh, so patiently to do it. I swear they must pay him $0.10 a post and $1 a thread the way he always goes gaga for HotToys.

Back