How many hope they go all out on the 1/6 droids?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be cool if SS did an R2 with a chrome dome, rubber wheels, opening compartments, arms, and maybe a "push to open" pop-up scope and a cool compartment for Luke's lightsaber that possibly opened and lifted the hilt when you moved a slide on his side or something.
3PO can come with articulated arms (even with the limiters), knees, ankles, head, and a waist ala HT RoboCop! That would be the ULTIMATE. I'd love lighted eyes and maybe a sound box, but not sound from the figure.
I always thought that even Jabba's throne needed a sound box. How cool would it have been to get you a smoke maching say for a toy train, hook it up somewhere behind Jabba and have him displayed in a semi dark room with "Hough, Hough, Hough, [insert Jabba language]" in the back ground???!!! Wouldnt that have been cool!!!!???

Speaking of light up features, do you guys think Jawas should have light up eyes?

My rule of thumb is, if Hasbro could do it for $20 then Sideshow should be able to do it for several times that. So yes, Jawas should have light-up eyes.

The light-up eyes were a key feature of the Jawas in the film. In order to have an "all out" Jawa, the eyes would definitely need to light up. Same goes for the droids.

By the way, I picked up the chess table from a fellow Freak not too long ago and love it. But I was thinking that it "may" have looked even cooler if they had made the little creature pieces in a clear plastic or resin and had placed colored LED's on some of the different "squares" on the table. One could place the pieces in their respective square and have them lit up in a color. It would have given them that 3D "hologram" like look.

Back