How fast will Sith Ani sell out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely it will be similiar to how Hellboy was handled last year with a few going to international retailers. Or perhaps Forbidden Planet is only counting on that. Can't hurt to preorder there I guess.

I think that the preorder will go fine. Since there is a two-hour window for the attendee preorder, I'm expecting that there will be some unsold once the two hours is up, so that means more for the non-attendees. For instance, I would estimate that of all the people on these boards and the rebelscum boards who want to get the figure--probably less than half are actually going to SDCC, so I could easily see the size of the non-attendee preorder doubling to 1,200 or more.

So I would say less than 30 minute sell out for non-attendees, no sell out for attendees.

No way that this will last 30 minutes. I would say 10 tops. Though I hope I am wrong and you are right :D

The NA should be close to 1200 to start they are going to do MORE than 10% for those not going.

Yeah, I hope it all goes well with the NA ordering process. My funds fell through in a big way and I'm again shut out of attending this year...:monkey2

I'm sure it will be ok. I've not missed a single order yet that I wanted, and I don't intend to start. I will be at work and on the computer, ready to get that Anakin at all costs! :maul

From reading all these posts, I may have to resort to Evil Bay for some figures. I started out collecting nothing but Buffy/Angel figures. Then I got Van Helsing and Hellboy......oh boy, Highlander......I renewed my flagging interest in X-Files, and even though I swore I would never get involved in Star Wars (because there was just TOO MUCH merchandise out there) I jumped on the Bespin Han Solo Exclusive as soon as it was offered, and now I'm hooked, and doomed to play catch-up!

I got in on the pre-orders for Mace, Kit Fisto and Qui-Gon, but missed the first very important Jedi. I'm on the wait lists for Luke, Anakin and Obi-wan, just the regular edition lists, because I KNEW I had no chance for the exclusives. I most likely have NO chance for Sith Anakin either, but I'm going to try! I guess I should wait to see what happens with the wait lists, before dragging myself and my wallet, to EBay? Advice, please? :banghead

jlcmsu said:
That sucks DA. Hopefully next year. :)

Yeah, thanks for the support Josh.. I'm just gonna start a fund now for next years con. Hopefully by then I will have mad cash to spend on the adventure, and not have to scrape by like I would have this year.

oh, and Buffanatic... There are several things you can do. If you want, you can search E-tailers around and see if you find the Jedi you are looking for. It worked for me on some of the more Expensive Bonds on Ebay. I found a Timothy Dalton figure online for about $40, when on Ebay it was going for about $100. A little patience will go a long way on this, if you keep it up.

Also, Ebay seems to work well about a month or two after an item ships. Usually the scalper prices have lowered a bit and you can find a figure for a manageable price. Just keep in mind that you have to be careful. If the seller has a picture of the actual item or shipping box, it's a fair bet that it's legitimate. Either way, it's taking a chance. Most of my SSC figures were scored from Ebay, so I can say that it works. You won't find exclusives for cheap, but you will find the figure you want if you look hard enough.

As for the Con exclusives... if you got put on the waitlist but do not recieve word from SSC after the con has been over a week or two... get to hunting Ebay ASAP!!

Buffanatic said:
Thanks, Dark Artist.....I appreciate the info.

No problem Buffanatic! Anytime.

And Josh, If I am NOT there next year I deserve a swift kick in the balls! At least when I go next year I can bring my Girlfriend and enjoy the enitire convention without leaving early. :D

DarkArtist81 said:
And Josh, If I am NOT there next year I deserve a swift kick in the balls! At least when I go next year I can bring my Girlfriend and enjoy the enitire convention without leaving early. :D

:rotfl I'm gonna hold ya to that. :p

Seriously though it will be worth all the trouble I think when you do get to go. This event is really amazing and one once you see it you will be like damn why didn't I go before.

Aerosmith said:
Does anyone know if we will be able to use coupon codes on Sith Anakin?

No you won't be able too. It says someplace in one of the FAQ about this if I remember correctly.

Darth Robbler said:
Anybody know if this will be a Priority pre-order like the rest? Will the site switch over or is there a different link for Anakin?

It will be PPO and will be just like the rest both days for folks going and not going.

Thanks! I thought so but just needed some reassurance. I can't wait for this one. I love this line!!! Wonder how long sell out will be? Also got the Forbidden planet newsletter today and they are advertising it saying they were promised some for EU collectors.

Back