How fast will Sith Ani sell out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you guys think it will be a completely new figure than the other anakin?? i hope so, because it would be cheesy to have all this fuss over just the crazy sith eyes. (and of course i will have to get one too) and what day is he going on sale?? IT HAS TO BE ON A FRIDAY!!! the only day during the week i have off.

FlyAndFight said:
I'm sticking to my initial guess of 5000.

That's a good number for this type of collectible. Sideshow could end up selling 1000+ to SDCC attendees and the balance to non-attendees, if they wanted.

5k is a solid guess. I wouldn't think they would want to go higher than that.

They need at least 85% of the total going to SDCC. Not that all of them will be picked up but......

hairlesswookiee said:
do you guys think it will be a completely new figure than the other anakin?? i hope so, because it would be cheesy to have all this fuss over just the crazy sith eyes. (and of course i will have to get one too) and what day is he going on sale?? IT HAS TO BE ON A FRIDAY!!! the only day during the week i have off.

I expect some minor tweaks but nothing major. They could have a whole new head sculpt but that would have to have been done months ago if it is to be ready for SDCC.

Here's how I imagine things going down: All the initial SDCC Star Wars work went into Kit Fisto. Then when they decided to change their plans and sell Kit to everybody, they went scrambling to find a replacement. Painting Anakin's eyes seemed like a good idea, and I agree. However, it just doesn't seem like they had much time to make this a really elaborate figure. If they had planned him from the start, maybe, but since he is a mid-season replacement I'm not expecting him to be dramatically different from the regular version. Paint the eyes, maybe burn the outfit a little, call it good. While I would love to see an additional alternate crispy head and removable severed limbs, I'm just not sure that they had enought time for that after all the initial work on Kit. I'll keep my hopes up, and we'll all know the specifics in a number of days.

I bet he'll sell out in 3-5 minutes no matter what.

No matter the ES.....it will not last more than 10 minutes...they said 10% for non attendes..so..if they have 5000(wich I think is high) that would only give non-att. 500...It will be a made frenzy for them....I see them selling out before some people even get their page loaded...It will be very sad for everyone who wants this really bad.....

What do you think these will go for on ebay,once the pre-order is over??BIN $400???

I am thinking 5-10 min max and maybe less. I don't think the edition size will be anywhere near 5,000. I think 2,500 at most.

This is all just a guess on my part obviously, but I know I will have my mouse button ready to try!!!

kingdarkness03 said:
What do you think these will go for on ebay,once the pre-order is over??BIN $400???

Sadly, I think that the most these will ever sell for just might be by those who sell in violation of eBay's pre-sale listing and put them up right after the initial sellout. Rather than waiting and taking their chances with the wait list, people who missed it will get caught up in their frustration and emotion and pay the big bucks for the eBay scalpers right away. Months later, tons will go out to wait list members because of the orders that never got picked up, or else they will be purchased from eBay during the normal flood following the event.

Ironically, with the edition size on this exclusive being enlarged, possibly even into the 5000's, it will probably only serve to inflate the value of the initial exclusive Anakin sold to the general market, who will end up being much more exclusive and hard to get than the supposedly more exclusive yet really more accessible SDCC version that everybody is stressing about!! As far as the issue of supply and demand goes, with the largest total number of figures yet released to the market, it sounds like Sith Eyes Anakin will be the easiest to get Star Wars exclusive yet!!! So be patient, have hope, and avoid eBay!!! :D

This is the only exclusive I'm really looking forward to. I've been able to order the last couple of SW 12" in under 4 minutes, so I have some hope. As I've said before, I don't know how I'm going to feel after I miss my first exclusive. I hope I don't find out.

Batty said:
This is the only exclusive I'm really looking forward to. I've been able to order the last couple of SW 12" in under 4 minutes, so I have some hope. As I've said before, I don't know how I'm going to feel after I miss my first exclusive. I hope I don't find out.

Just remember--you won't know for sure that you have missed it until a month or two after SDCC. If you don't get your order in, get on the wait list immediately. Tons of people order as an attendee and for whatever reason don't end up claiming their figure at the event. All of those are released to wait list members after Comic Con is over. There is hope!

Tom, that was a great deduction. I have to agree with you that the differences will not be "major". But I have a feeling that perhaps a different headsculpt is possible. A meaner, angrier facial sculpt to go along with the sith eyes. The tattered or singed clothing is certainly doable.

tomandshell said:
Just remember--you won't know for sure that you have missed it until a month or two after SDCC. If you don't get your order in, get on the wait list immediately. Tons of people order as an attendee and for whatever reason don't end up claiming their figure at the event. All of those are released to wait list members after Comic Con is over. There is hope!

I'm still scared! Irrational fear of missing out on a piece of plastic. :lol

I don't entirely agree that it will only be slight variation due to any lack of pre-planning or mid-season replacement rush job. This is a SSC SW SDCC Exclusive for chrissakes so much time and detail will be put into an exciting product as have all the SSC SW stuff. Remember this line is the SSC Premiere line and done with co-ordination and oversight with LucasFilms, who also happen to control the Indy rights.

I do agree that this figure will have the same Andy B headsculpt but most likely a different outfit -- and as I have been saying/guessing/hoping all along some kind of WOW factor, in this case I believe they will use the X-Files Krycheck Exclusive oily-eyes application so that when Ani's head moves, his eyes turn to RED.

Last edited:
The amount of changes like Tom said will depend on how long they had to plan this. I expect a tweak or two besides the sith eyes. Also get on the WL as soon as it sells out if you miss it there will be plenty of chances to get him over the rest of the year I think after SDCC.

Me and my girlfriend will both be trying to order this. Me from work, her from home. And we'll both get on the waitlist so I hope you're right Josh.

jlcmsu said:
These always come back around so I guarantee you'll get one.

OOOOO...thats a bold statment...But I do think that the waitlist could pay with this one....so dont get to upset if you miss the pre-order...just get on the waitlist AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

Trust me, I plan on either having it ordered or being on the waitlist within 5 minutes. Hopefully my girlfriend can get it too.

Back