How do you rank the Predator films now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Predator
Predators
Predator 2.

There is nothing else. Period.

I kinda agree. Even though Wolf in AVPR was well designed and acted pretty good the film was a sham.

Predators is growing on me and is slowly climbing above P2 for me

Predator
Predators
Predator 2.

There is nothing else. Period.
:lecture:lecture:lecture

The Truth!
Though for me the order is
1. Predator
2. Predators/Predator 2 (due to the nostalgic factor of how cool it was when I was 11 years old)

Predators takes place after P2 because the weapon Royce uses is only been around for a couple of years.

Ummm I don't think we're talking about Chronological order.

Well Predators was definitely more serious than the 1st two. There's also a great metaphor within it which was fantastic. That's something movies are missing nowadays because some people are too dumb to know what a metaphor is.

My only dislike was the Yautja fight scene with the Berserker was kinda short. They had the music building up for the fight making him seem more badass than he was. I didn't like that he died. I was really hoping Royce was going to run in and save the day.

There was no "yautja" scene. Yautjas dont exsit. That is book only bull____....

Sorry, I read that term, and I want to punch a baby.

There was no "yautja" scene. Yautjas dont exsit. That is book only bull____....

Sorry, I read that term, and I want to punch a baby.

:lol I guess so... but the fictional name of the Pred species was not my point. I just thought the build up for the Pred fight was epic but it ended up being alittle too short.

:lol I guess so... but the fictional name of the Pred species was not my point. I just thought the build up for the Pred fight was epic but it ended up alittle being too short.

It could have gone on a bit longer, but I hate it when fights drag on like Predator II when the Pred turns tail and makes Harrigan chase him :banghead

Maybe i'm alone here, but I dont get why everyone tends to assume that a low budget flick, with rubber monsters, would have a long drawnout fight scene. I'm suprised it was as long as it was. Doing scenes like that, with suits like that take a lot of time.

This is why I never got the Iron Man complaint. That's a lot of CGI. Each shot costs a ton of money to do. And a lot of time to render. You have to know what the film's restraints are.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

The Truth!
Though for me the order is
1. Predator
2. Predators/Predator 2 (due to the nostalgic factor of how cool it was when I was 11 years old)

Ummm I don't think we're talking about Chronological order.

The guy in the post above mine asked about the timeline.

Maybe i'm alone here, but I dont get why everyone tends to assume that a low budget flick, with rubber monsters, would have a long drawnout fight scene. I'm suprised it was as long as it was. Doing scenes like that, with suits like that take a lot of time.

Because they built it up pretty epicly (with the classic Predator theme)... the build up was more epic than the build up for Royce's fight against the Berserker. It's just a minor dislike.

It could have gone on a bit longer, but I hate it when fights drag on like Predator II when the Pred turns tail and makes Harrigan chase him :banghead

Yeah that was pretty long. Long enough to have the Pred lose his hand, heals his wounds and hide in his ship... that's alot of ____ going on. That said if done well a long epic final fight scene can work very well ala Jackie Chan's 20 min end fight in Drunk Master 2.

They should have given it more money and more time. Would have done a lot better.

Back