How do you rank the Predator films now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, maybe if more people cared about Predator, they would.

But they dont. So Predator will probably never get a huge budget.

Transformers will get 100 million bucks because it sells. People go see that movie, and it's sequels break records.

Predator films are seen, and then they fizzle out. Which is why both the AvP movies werent massive hits. They werent flops, but they didnt do well enough that Fox gives the franchise more money.

Since this one is doing OK...and actually was well recieved...i'm sure the budget will go up.

But it all depends on how Fox feels about the franchise, and script.

I think they did extremely well with the Budget they had.
Cast was good

At lest I was not squinting to see the preds like past films

Um. Not with rubber monsters, and 40 million dollar budget it wont. Period. End of story.

Yes they can, stop making excuses... :lol

Robert Rodriguez never let budget stop him. El mariachi was filmed on a $7000 budget, it all about dedication. I guarantee you if Rodriguez actually directed Predators there would of atleast be something more special up his sleeve. :wink1: Come to think of it, I'm starting to wonder what Predators would be like that did happen. LOL

Also don't take it so seriously I'm just nip-picking a good film for fun. :lol

Last edited:
Ok. Go out, get 40 million, try to manage a story, with characters, and actors, while trying to keep a deadline, and film a 20 minute long rubber monster battle.

Go ahead.

Personally, I hate when people say what I said above...but it makes sense here.

I'm not taking it seriously, but you have to know it's hard to make a film. It's hard to do action, while not negating the story.

Predator 2 was alright atleast they had the balls to change it up not take scenes from the original. But I still enjoyed Predators more.

Predator 1
Predators
Predators 2

And the AVP films are so bad they dont deserve to be on the list.

Ok. Go out, get 40 million, try to manage a story, with characters, and actors, while trying to keep a deadline, and film a 20 minute long rubber monster battle.

Go ahead.

Personally, I hate when people say what I said above...but it makes sense here.

I'm not taking it seriously, but you have to know it's hard to make a film. It's hard to do action, while not negating the story.

I got the guide right here from the man himself :wink1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UOa7tkByrw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLxqNwc1oYU

I also never wanted a 20 min fight. I was replying to The Berserker Predator about fight scenes.

I can't believe some people are putting Predators 2010 after Predator Original or even worse before Predator 2. Predators was a complete rehash of the original Predator. It wasnt a continuation it felt like a remake. Same type of characters as the first....same jungle area...okay more preds but still man...no credit for being original ??? Even though Predator 2 wasn't everyones best film at least they did something original. This is like when Bryan Singer did Superman Returns and called it a continuation after the original Superman film when what it really was a homage after homage and a boring as hell script. In my opinion Predators feels like a big budget re hash of the original Predator and people are eatin it up....

Predator
Predator2
AVP
Predators
AVP2

Predators was just too unoriginal to place any higher. A guy with a minigun, escaping the Predator(s) by falling down a cliffside and into a body of water, a person standing his ground to fight a Predator with a blade, the end battle where the main character covers himself in mud and once again we have the main charater and a chick as the only survivors at the end. I mean come on...we've all seen this in the original. Not to mention the one liners we've all heard before. I had to keep reminding myself that this was a sequel and not a reboot.
This was more like a homage to Predator and all other sci fi horror flicks before it. Antal + Rodriguez = Massive fail.

Last edited:
I just watched Predator 2 last night and it still rocks as a movie. My rating still stands as this though:
Predator
Predators
Predator 2

Predator 2 drops to third place because of everybody's noticeable pit stains throughout the movie. Don't they have time for deodorant???

Back