How do you rank the Predator films now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
We have 5 films now, I think 99% of ppl would have P1 as top dog still, but I'm curious how you guys see things now...........a little explanation to your rankings would be nice.

Predator
Predator 2
Predators (too many rip offs of the original to put higher)
AVP-R
AVP (PG-13 rating is a fail, and the Preds were a bunch of sissy girls)

Predator, Predator 2, AVP, AVPR.
I am waiting till tuesday to see predators. Will update my list after I watch it...

PS- AVP was a fantastic movie in my opinion. I wish I saw it in theaters instead of Terminator Salvation and all the hack movies as of recent.

P2-- Because we saw the Predator more and the pace was much better and the Predator design is better IMO.

P1-- Only the end battle with Dutch saved this movie for me, it is a great movie though just, slow at times.

Predators-- Haven't watched it yet but, i have a feeling it will place third on my list.

AVPR--Trying to make out how cool Wolf was on screen, was the only enjoyment i got from this movie.

AVP-- Only the end battle between the Queen and Scar was cool, the rest of the movie is dog ____..reminded me of like those ____ty Mortal Kombat movies.

Last edited:
since when do AVP movies count?

anyway 1, 3, 2. and 2 is mostly lame.

edit - in before the fanboys turn this thread into a thinly veiled excuse to bash Predators and gets locked.

I may be one of the few people that like all the movies, I'm not to debate AVPR was a great film, but it's fun and I enjoyed it for it was.

Any way,

Predator
Predators
Predator 2
AVP
AVPR

Like, I said though, I like them all to some degree.

since when do AVP movies count?

anyway 1, 3, 2. and 2 is mostly lame.

edit - in before this thread turns into a thinly veiled excuse to bash Predators and gets locked.

they count cause there were Predators in them :duh, how many times does anyone talk about the Aliens from either of those films? When the films come up in conversation, its usually more about the Preds than anything.

Predator- The biggest part why this is #1 for me is the way the movie was filmed. It started out as an action movie with Dutch and crew trying to save some captured soldiers and blowing sh%t up. Then it starts shifting to a Sci-Fi Horror. Genius. And of course you have a bad ass cast, great one liners and a very cool villian. Also, I love that this movie is not dated. Meaning there is no mentions of what year or time frame this takes place. With the exception of Jesse Ventura's MTV shirt, I can watch this movie now and can not tell this was made 20 years ago.

Predators- Yes, I placed this before P2. I like the concept, I know it ripped of lines and scenes from P1, but past that I see this movie as a great sequel than P2.

Predator 2- One thing that bugs me about movies or series such as this is when they put a timeline in it. Once the beginning scene said "Los Angeles--1997" as to reference this took place in the future(back when this came out in 1991) and then you have to clothing styles and stuff. Though I enjoyed this movie very much, I hate when a movie dates itself, kinda kills the mood.

AVP- Though the Preds where sissy boys and I did not like the idea a soft Pred helping out the human and builds a "relationship" and a PG-13 rating, it was watchable. The story was not that bad, some decent good acting and a very cool Queen Alien. If they had put an R rating with blood and gore and took out the teaming up with the Human Chick, then this may have rated higher.

AVP-R- I liked the Wolf Predator, everything else FAILED!!!!

1. Predator
  2. Predators
  3. Predator 2
  4. AVP
  5. AVPR
Although, AVP & AVPR both sucked hard...so I could easily put them at a tie. The only reason that I put AVP above AVPR is because AVP is my wife's favorite. /shrug

Predator
Predator 2 / Predators tie
AVP:R

AVP is not worth ranking

Back