How do you guys afford this hobby

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently ive obtained 18 hot toys figures in the last 6 weeks ranging from new to older.

Im in a relationship and it works so dont buy into that not getting married bs...kids though...no way...

I guess I'll add the +1 to good job, and no kids (unless you count my dog). I've been collecting SS since the WETA partnership which started my SS addiction. I sometimes wonder if i should get my collection insured given the vast amount i have.

6a00d8341c51c053ef013485f32bfc970c-pi

Opulence, as Elites™... we hyez it.
We don't minds savings da monies,
but niet at da costs of beings da Elites™

6a00d8341c51c053ef013485f32bfc970c-pi

Opulence, as Elites™... we hyez it.
We don't minds savings da monies,
but niet at da costs of beings da Elites™
--

Considering how often NAM uses the pic from that advertisement, I'm beginning to suspect that the guy in the pic is actually NAM himself. Anyone who ever met NAM can confirm?

:D

I'm fairly well paid as a sparks. I have a company vehicle so don't have to run/pay for my own. I save half of my spending money that is left after paying the bills. Also i'm lucky that most of the rubbish that I generate is worth money. My boss is not interested in it so I collect most of my waist and take it down the scrap merchants once a month.

i think u just have to pick and choose wisely,then start saving while it is being made thats what i try to do anyway,sometimes you just have to leave the one you really want behind
,it sucks but you do what you gotta do

i think u just have to pick and choose wisely,then start saving while it is being made thats what i try to do anyway,sometimes you just have to leave the one you really want behind
,it sucks but you do what you gotta do

:goodpost: This.

If you're on a tight budget, then only get the things that you really (absolutely) want. But, try to look on the bright side, if you can afford at least three high-end figures per year, then within four years, you'll have about 12 figures. For now, just be patient, and allow your collection to grow slowly over time. If you happen to land a good job in the future, then sky's the limit (and so is your collection) :horror.

Sith Beagles love to romance 97 year old ladies with one foot in the grave. That's how we make our money for this hobby.

I knew you where a Dogg; Snoop, but a Whore Dogg :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl, my respect for you has gone up :exactly:

:yess: :lol

Now if you'll excuse me, Colossus...it's time to earn some more money! :naughty :wave

I'm 23, have been collecting for less then a year and already have about 10 statues (Marvel comiquettes/CS Moore). I'm working a full time job that I'd say pays minimum - average wages. I've gotta pay rent, car payments, and the rest of the usual bills. I usually only have a couple hundred bucks left at the end of my pay cheque, plus I live in Australia so like statues cost extra with shipping etc.

The way i justify my statue collecting is that while most people my age are out on the town every weekend spending big on drinking, clubbing etc. etc. I'm at home surfing the net, watching tv and playing video games. I don't smoke so thats more money saved. I guess I've just learned to budget, plan out my monthly spendings.

All that said though, I don't really have any savings to speak of though...Probably should get on that I suppose.:( , guess i'm goin on a noodle diet for a while...

how do i get my ss/ht $? well my wife gives me an allowance out of every paycheck , and what that doesnt cover,i scrap metal. its hard but it makes me appreciate every piece i buy.

I can afford this hobby because I'm the:
MillionDollarMan.jpg

Everybody has a price!!

:lol :lol:lol

I'm 23, have been collecting for less then a year and already have about 10 statues (Marvel comiquettes/CS Moore). I'm working a full time job that I'd say pays minimum - average wages. I've gotta pay rent, car payments, and the rest of the usual bills. I usually only have a couple hundred bucks left at the end of my pay cheque, plus I live in Australia so like statues cost extra with shipping etc.

The way i justify my statue collecting is that while most people my age are out on the town every weekend spending big on drinking, clubbing etc. etc. I'm at home surfing the net, watching tv and playing video games. I don't smoke so thats more money saved. I guess I've just learned to budget, plan out my monthly spendings.

All that said though, I don't really have any savings to speak of though...Probably should get on that I suppose.:( , guess i'm goin on a noodle diet for a while...

Unless you've been abusing credit, and accumulating massive amounts of debt, there's no way that you'd be able to afford 10 statues in less than a year. Not with a minimum wage salary, and with the expenses that you've described. I'm sorry, but I smell B.S. on epic proportions :dunno.

Unless you've been abusing credit, and accumulating massive amounts of debt, there's no way that you'd be able to afford 10 statues in less than a year. Not with a minimum wage salary, and with the expenses that you've described. I'm sorry, but I smell B.S. on epic proportions :dunno.

I said minimum to average wages(Australian minimum is perhaps different to america?), I Didn't really wanna say how much i earn a year on public forums, but it's well under 40kAUD a year. The statues I have - 5 marvel Female Comiquettes, 2 C.S. Moore Statues, Black Cat LSB(arrives this week:yess: ), 3 mini busts and Bowens Angel FS Statue. I don't have a girlfriend, I live in an average house with 2 friends, and my car is nothing special... Don't see whats so epicly B.S. sounding about that.

Edit: also have hot toys mk2 iron man that i got on special from casefresh.com.au, a few of the marvel comiquettes were on sale reduced quite a bit as well

Back