How do you guys afford this hobby

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topsnakebite

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I'm only 18 but I only recently got into this just bought the t-800 and should get it this week,But that all I can afford to get and there are so many figures I want but can't get how do you guys manage what you get and don't get

I think a lot of us are older and have pretty decent jobs. Im 35, no wife or kids and a professor at a University. If my girl friend wasn't around I would probably have more. :)

No way I could have done this at your age. gohastings.com on sale days should be bookmarked on your browser.

Concaine's a helluva drug.

:lol

cocaine.gif

I don't

I've cancelled everything I've ordered since last November I think, just didn't have the money when things started shipping, but I don't feel bad about the other things I ended up spending it on. But, there are a few things coming up later this year that I won't cancel, so that'll change.

Yeah, to echo what someone said above, I'm 36, have a good job, budget a specific amount of money each month for toys, comics, etc., and sell things from time to time to get back on budget. I started collecting about 10 years ago, but I was spending substantially less money because I was buying things like Star Wars and later Marvel Legends.

I work street corners every night...hell if I did that I'd have to pay them :lol

You have to have a good job and at 18 I'd imagine very few people are full time into the hobby like some of us. I'm an IT manager in the Federal Government of Canada so money's alright.

top ramen and water for the whole year and I sell my blood once a week now i look like golum

Last edited:
I work street corners every night...hell if I did that I'd have to pay them :lol

You have to have a good job and at 18 I'd imagine very few people are full time into the hobby like some of us. I'm an IT manager in the Federal Government of Canada so money's alright.

Good to know that at least some of our Tax money is going some good places
:borg:

I can't but it's like an addiction. Once you start, you can't stop so might as well enjoy it. I spent over 5 grand(CDN) last year on collectibles alone. I know it ain't much compare to others here but still....:slap

Yea, I think the key is to just get through college, and get a good solid job that pays well. I love my life...I'm married, I am a video game artist, and I buy toys as a hobby! I make a decent salary and my wife works and we make more than enough to save and buy cool stuff. :)

Professional contract killer.

Naw, that's a lie -- probably wouldn't pay nearly enough... :)

Back