How do you guys afford this hobby

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't even attempt it at 18 bro. Not these figures anyway.

College, career, then toys. I know, it's all backwards but trust me it works out.

You gotta keep in mind that (in most cases) the biggest collections in this site probably took a while to put together. It will seem pretty daunting to a newcomer to see himself building a collection like that. What I've learned is that some people take the shortcut and go for immediate bliss - discover the hobby, go crazy on purchases for a couple of weeks, try to fulfill the urge as quickly as possible.

But the best collection in this site are definitely those where you can see some great pieces from years gone by, where the collector's good taste becomes apparent. Those are the kind of collections that show it's not about how much you can afford, but how well informed you are about releases, how passionate you are about your chosen genre, and how smart you are about allocating your limited resources to afford the few pieces that matter most in your hobby.

well said sir:clap:clap:clap

Im 17 own Sideshow items and a 2011 Camaro. How?
Work at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History and make money. :dunno

If it's not yellow with black stripes, it's useless. :monkey4

I get my parents to get me the stuff.....:dunno I aint gunna lie. :D

That's what birthdays and christmas are for! Stufff! :wave

If it's not yellow with black stripes, it's useless. :monkey4

I get my parents to get me the stuff.....:dunno I aint gunna lie. :D

That's what birthdays and christmas are for! Stufff! :wave

I have been the only one buying myself gifts for a long time :( But oh do I get real nice ones, the ones I want :lol
:borg:

I work and make sure the bills are paid then whatevers left I spend on collectibles. Oh, I make sure I have enough money for food too.

Honestly my collection consists only of 4 1/6 figures atm and I had to scrimp and save for them. I'm currently unable to buy every single figure I want. I have to be very selective. Even though atm I have plans to buy severall figures, there is no telling if I will or not as there is allways the possibility I won't have the money by the time they're released or something can come up. Right now I have plans to complete my HT RE5 collection, pick up the HT Predators line (minus Royce), get an HT Joker and possibly a few Bowen Statues aswell BUT there is no telling whether that will happen. I plan to get them all but I won't be suprised if those plans change.

Back