1/6 Hot Toys: WICKET the Ewok - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?m surprised this beat ant man and the wasp. I?ve had those on order months before this went up. Strange times indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOTHING left from the OT after HT ships this out:(...hopefully we finally get that Death Star Trooper at virtual SDCC.

Very relieved to see him turn out so well. I think all it should take is just a bit of brown pastel to darken him up a bit more like he should be.

Yep, maybe a bit of styling wax to tuft the fur together a bit more like in the film pic.....but not brylcream :lol

nTcB1KR.jpg

Might have been better with a sculpted face and faux fur everywhere else, the rest looks good, aside from the bright belly, but the face textures and colors are quite off.

Where is that Father with his two sons review!!! I bet that little son will be grabbing this and playing with it. Hell I would at that age and 100% right to do so. Its a cute little Teddy bear!!!

Ha!
I just came in to ask the same question.
Hopefully soon.

I wonder what the chances are for more Ewoks? I would buy a two pack of Logray and Teebo for sure, and probably even Paploo and Chirpa. I suspect Wicket is a one and done though as he is most popular by far.

Yep, maybe a bit of styling wax to tuft the fur together a bit more like in the film pic.....but not brylcream :lol

View attachment 486615

Yeah it actually compares surprisingly well there, and doesn't look like it would take a ton of work to improve. I thought before that the head was a bit too small, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

I think it actually came out pretty good.

I'm skipping the set but for those that are getting it, you should be pretty happy with how it came out.

Looks better than the Jawa, that's for sure.

If only I wanted to remember the Ewoks. Although a separate shelf with an Ewok, a Gungan and a Geonosian could be pretty funny.

Might have been better with a sculpted face and faux fur everywhere else, the rest looks good, aside from the bright belly, but the face textures and colors are quite off.

I think something like this could always have been better, however I won't be posing mine next to a still photo from the movie and probably wouldn't have noticed the differences otherwise. This will fill a unique spot in my Star Wars collection and pretty excited to have a furred Ewok. Of course, I feel similar about the Hot Toys Chewie and we all know it's got it's blemishes :)

Looks better than the Jawa, that's for sure.

If only I wanted to remember the Ewoks. Although a separate shelf with an Ewok, a Gungan and a Geonosian could be pretty funny.

I think I'm probably getting him more for nostalgia purposes (and to have something to pose next to Leia) than because I really love the Ewoks. Plus, like it or not, they are pretty iconic.

I think I'm probably getting him more for nostalgia purposes (and to have something to pose next to Leia) than because I really love the Ewoks. Plus, like it or not, they are pretty iconic.

I think lots of one's acceptance level depends on your age in 1983. I was still only 5 so I of course liked them at the time. It's easy for me now to accept that they were just George fully exploiting the marketing aspect of Star Wars at that point in time.

I think lots of one's acceptance level depends on your age in 1983. I was still only 5 so I of course liked them at the time. It's easy for me now to accept that they were just George fully exploiting the marketing aspect of Star Wars at that point in time.

Very true. I was 8 and just enjoyed the whole thing wholeheartedly. 37 years later... and I still (mostly) do.

No, apparently virtual SDCC just got looted too, even six weeks out. How the **** can that even happen?:gah:

Anything that isn't nailed down is unsafe...except for those TFA Snowtroopers. I heard Sideshow set those outside the front gate hoping for an insurance claim....but still no luck :gah:

Anything that isn't nailed down is unsafe...except for those TFA Snowtroopers. I heard Sideshow set those outside the front gate hoping for an insurance claim....but still no luck :gah:

:rotfl

Yeah, apparently the LAPD bought up a few hundred for officers to just hold up at demonstrations and protestors would immediately disperse.:dunno

Back