Happy Anniversary RETURN OF THE JEDI in sixth scale!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... so SDCC reveals two ANH previews (well, let's call them "displays" at this point - still no PO's) and multiple Mando previews and Ani Com reveals yet more Mando figs.

So nothing more at SDCC or A-C.... so Vader and 3PO are "it" for ROTJ 40th?
Seems that way. If anything maybe we'll get a re-issue. Really disappointing how HT handles these OT anniversaries

The fact that somewhere out there Max Rebo exists in 1:6 makes me sleep better at night. The little things in life.

Incredible photos and collections in here. Wow!!

An ROTJ thread has to have more Ewoks, though, so this'll be my small (pun intended) contribution.

Ewoks05.jpg

Ewoks02.jpg

Ewoks07.jpg

Ewoks01.jpg

What if we get Endor Han before Bespin Han…. Imagine
Let’s pretend we will actually get a han before the year 2099. I think they would definitely do endor first to milk us all for 2 figures. They know bespin is the most desirable.
Has the Indy figure even hit sideshow? It’s been forever and still no preorder.

Wow, those ewoks are just stellar. :clap What headsculpts are those on Han/Luke/Leia?
Thanks. :duff

The head sculpts are all modified and/or repainted knockoffs which go as follows:

Han - Dark Toys Blade Runner (my favorite 1/6 Ford likeness) that I sculpted hair onto
Luke - HT ROTJ Luke
Leia - The slave Leia version that was a re-work of the original HT ANH Leia sculpt

Thanks. :duff

The head sculpts are all modified and/or repainted knockoffs which go as follows:

Han - Dark Toys Blade Runner (my favorite 1/6 Ford likeness) that I sculpted hair onto
Luke - HT ROTJ Luke
Leia - The slave Leia version that was a re-work of the original HT ANH Leia sculpt
That DT Deckard head is a bit undersized compared to other current 1/6 heads and the stock DT apps are pretty waxy/bad but yeah I like the likeness. I do have an extra one of them (I used the improved "recast" Deckard version for an Indy, so I have a Dark Toys original head left) and the headset hair from the HT Han so I should give that combo a shot. Love the repaints!

I am gearing up to start my custom Logray and Paploo, so your pics are awesome reference, and glad to know I'm not the only ewok nutjob out there attempting this. :lol My Paploo will be a tear-down of a HT Wicket and the Logray will be a furring and redo of the Hasbro figure (mostly just face elements and hands), but both will have full articulation (hopefully...)

If I have enough parts left - and I'm not totally ewoked out - I'll convert the other Hasbro ewok like the Logray.

HOLY **** those Ewoks rock!! How'd you do that??
Thank you. :duff

I tried to emulate how they made the actual Ewoks for the movie. Starts with making a fur bodysuit, tailored to the height of each specific one (they're all slightly different). The head, hands, and feet are separate pieces with fur added onto them (by way of glue in my case). The heads are tricky because their noses, mouths, and teeth are relatively unique (and some even have eyes that are shaped differently) so there's no way to mold a single version for universal use.

To stuff the suits, I made height-appropriate armatures that have decent articulation and then padded them. I went with armatures because trying to find 1/6 bodies at the right sizes would've been a pain in the ass (and costly). Then attach the finished head, hands, and feet.

That DT Deckard head is a bit undersized compared to other current 1/6 heads and the stock DT apps are pretty waxy/bad but yeah I like the likeness. I do have an extra one of them (I used the improved "recast" Deckard version for an Indy, so I have a Dark Toys original head left) and the headset hair from the HT Han so I should give that combo a shot. Love the repaints!

I am gearing up to start my custom Logray and Paploo, so your pics are awesome reference, and glad to know I'm not the only ewok nutjob out there attempting this. :lol My Paploo will be a tear-down of a HT Wicket and the Logray will be a furring and redo of the Hasbro figure (mostly just face elements and hands), but both will have full articulation (hopefully...)

If I have enough parts left - and I'm not totally ewoked out - I'll convert the other Hasbro ewok like the Logray.
Making these Ewoks was part of a bigger project, and I still have three more to go. :lol My exit strategy from this hobby is to complete a 1/6 version of the original Kenner 92-back lineup. That means 8 Ewoks in total. Don't know if I'll get there, but each one gets me one step closer to ending my collecting days with the lineup that inspired my collecting in the first place.

Good luck with your Paploo and Logray conversions. I "furred up" a 12-inch-scale Kenner/Hasbro Tauntaun, so I kinda know what you're aiming to do with Logray from a technical standpoint. It'll be tedious, as I'm sure you know.

Below is a good reference pic of Logray's satchel from the "Costumes" book in case you don't have it. From one Ewok nutjob to another, I hope you enjoy the process as much as I did. :duff

LograySatchel.JPG

Making these Ewoks was part of a bigger project, and I still have three more to go. :lol My exit strategy from this hobby is to complete a 1/6 version of the original Kenner 92-back lineup. That means 8 Ewoks in total. Don't know if I'll get there, but each one gets me one step closer to ending my collecting days with the lineup that inspired my collecting in the first place.

Good luck with your Paploo and Logray conversions. I "furred up" a 12-inch-scale Kenner/Hasbro Tauntaun, so I kinda know what you're aiming to do with Logray from a technical standpoint. It'll be tedious, as I'm sure you know.

Below is a good reference pic of Logray's satchel from the "Costumes" book in case you don't have it. From one Ewok nutjob to another, I hope you enjoy the process as much as I did. :duff

View attachment 653018
Absolutely fantastic work. Good luck with the last 3.

Beautiful work:love:

I want to try and re-work that DT Ford sculpt for a Raiders Indy.
Just keep it away from any Sideshow Indy figs displayed alongside - the size difference is kind of funny. The DT head is like kid Indy compared to the giant melons on SSC Belloq and Toht.

Back