1/6 Hot Toys: WICKET the Ewok - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, maybe - though Yoda was more distinct. Either way, the figure still needs work - neither V gives you a great out-of-the-box Wicket.

I do kind of want the little ewok... but I just don't know if I'd put the effort in to making him look genuine.

I suppose like with all these little figures, he probably looks better in hand when he's small and fuzzy and kind of cute.

Here's a shot "as is" in natural light of the one from the Leia/Wicket 2-pack...

WICKET EWOK 006.jpg

He's not as white-furred on the face or chest as some shots I've seen. Yes, the hood is a little too dark, but still well-detailed. i think he looks pretty good "in-hand".

No regrets picking him up....I'm fine with it as it is...not brave enough to attempt mods on that fur or hood.

The fur not looking like film fur is something I can accept, as you're never going to get that in 1/6 and you can futz it well enough, but what's really throwing this figure off is the body proportions. I'm not sure if this is a new body, or if they plan on using it again for something, but they definitely didn't go for the right proportions for Warwick Davis. The body/torso is very long, with a small head and big feet. Wicket's head in the film is huge, and his legs are actually quite long in comparison to the torso. The entire body on the Wicket suit is more potato shaped rather than snowman shaped, if that makes sense.

I understand that most people won't really care that much about this character or Ewoks in general, but if you're going to go to the trouble to make an Ewok and charge so much money for it, c'mon. I'm no Ewok fanatic, if such a thing exists, but the creatures, along with Aliens and ships, in Star Wars are one of the reasons I've loved these films for so long.

I can only imagine Wicket is/was viewed more as a fun exclusive or add on for the Leia and Luke Endor figs rather than a serious release for it's own sake. I don't think they crafted a body that would have matched Warwick Davis specifically, as his is quite unique, but at the same time, I'm not sure what else they'd use this body for, as Wicket was shorter even than the other Ewoks in the film. "Paploo" the Ewok that steals the speeder bike, played by Kenny Baker, is taller than Wicket and most other Ewoks like"Logray" the yellow/blonde medicine man Ewok are much taller.

That's my Ewok rant. Thank you for stopping by.

I imagine it isn’t a very often used body. The only figures I can think of that are around the same height are Rocket, the two versions of Yoda, and the Jawa.

I'm so glad I bought one 2 weeks ago before he got waitlisted.He may not look spot on but a 1/6 ewok I can't complain :)

New backdrop?

It's the inside of one of DID's wraparound box lids (Heer Sniper Wolfgang).

The desert one I'm using is from their Rommel figure.

A drawback is that they're too short for taller figures, or figures holding tall weapons, such as Boushh or my Tuskens.

It's the inside of one of DID's wraparound box lids (Heer Sniper Wolfgang).

The desert one I'm using is from their Rommel figure.

A drawback is that they're too short for taller figures, or figures holding tall weapons, such as Boushh or my Tuskens.
Nice, pretty perfect for Wicket

Back