1/6 Hot Toys: WICKET the Ewok - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?ve also noticed that the legs on the single pack Wicket are slimmer. So weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like people on ebay are selling their darker Leia Wicket as the single-pack Wicket which should be lighter. Be careful if you are trying to get the lighter single-pack Wicket.

Seems like people on ebay are selling their darker Leia Wicket as the single-pack Wicket which should be lighter. Be careful if you are trying to get the lighter single-pack Wicket.

Don't you mean the reverse? I thought the single pack had slightly darker (dirtier?) "white" face/belly fur that looked better while the two-pack had more bright-white face/belly fur. Or is the overall brown fur a lighter shade on the single pack?

I just got notification PC will be shipping my single-pack Wicket soon, so I'll have both the single and two-pack Wicket in-hand.

Don't you mean the reverse? I thought the single pack had slightly darker (dirtier?) "white" face/belly fur that looked better while the two-pack had more bright-white face/belly fur. Or is the overall brown fur a lighter shade on the single pack?

I just got notification PC will be shipping my single-pack Wicket soon, so I'll have both the single and two-pack Wicket in-hand.

I think he's referring to the cowl, which is quite a bit lighter on the single pack Wicket.

I got one of each and they were no different cowl-wise, both dark unfortunately. The 2-pack had the darker fur on the face though.

Yeah, I guess the hood is what I mean. The single-pack Wicket looks lighter to me overall. The single Wicket also has slimmer legs as I recall. I didn't realize it had the darker face. But from across the room, I see that hood.

Yeah, face and belly were too white on the single pack but both were a bit darker, thankfully, on the 2-pack version I got. Cowls were pretty much the same -- maybe slightly lighter on two pack but I haven't actually put them side by side to verify.

Still not sure what to do, Han has always been my favorite SW character and having Endor figures without him feels a little bit meh. Also need a Scout.

They're all good (Leia/Luke/Wicket) on their own but I'm still not sure I want to carve out the space for the heroes from every flick (maybe two of each total is more realistic). I'll wait it out though. If the eventual Han turns out amazing, it'll be nice to have these as companion pieces.

With all the articulation they gave him, Wicket has a good deal of life to him, not as much as Ray's has mind you, but it is a pretty impressive accomplishment in its own right. Honestly, after this I feel like they should be able to completely nail a Chewie v3.

I think he's referring to the cowl, which is quite a bit lighter on the single pack Wicket.

Yeah, I guess the hood is what I mean. The single-pack Wicket looks lighter to me overall. The single Wicket also has slimmer legs as I recall. I didn't realize it had the darker face. But from across the room, I see that hood.

Ah, got you. Yeah I think the most noticeable improvement of Raymond F's modded Wicket was the re-coloring of the hood, even more so than the recolored fur (though that was well done too.) The hood has an almost orangeish look in the movie that the HT hood doesn't have a trace of.

I got one of each and they were no different cowl-wise, both dark unfortunately. The 2-pack had the darker fur on the face though.

Okay, now you've got me confused again.:lol The 2-pack has the brighter white face fur versus the darker face on the single pack doesn't it?

That's sad if it turns out to be an anomaly and there is no "lighter" Wicket. Not only would it shake the foundations of the v2... it would also means its a roll-of-the-dice in getting an actual HT light-hood ewok.

And yes, the hood should really be a burnt orange/rust color... not espresso brown.

Anyone have the graphic insert for this set they are willing to part with...happy to buy it. Mine was completely ripped almost in half in the box. Never seen that before lol. Please dm me. Thx

Now having both versions of Wicket in-hand, it's hard to say there's a V.1 vs V.2 thing. I think it's just random because they are hand sprayed - and none of them look all that great right out of the box from what I've seen.

My single pack I would say is slightly paler in the face fur than the two-pack, but has a bit more grey "roots" painted over the brow area (where the hard face/eyes meet the forehead fur,) that makes a lot of difference to my eye. Almost like it gives him eyebrows, so it "feels" more Wicket-like personality.

The hoods are pretty similar. I put the two-pack hood on the single-pack figure and are pretty happy. I will likely do a very watered down touch-up of grey wash and paint the hood more of that rust/orange but leave it at that.

Funny that the Hasbro spear almost seems to work better than the HT spear - though the HT spear is very sharp.

So the single-pack hood is not a more rusty color than the 2-pack? Again, that is disappointing. Early pictures showed a pretty sizeable difference in hood color.

This is my single-pack Wicket (both pics are the same figure, just different angles.)

My two pack version has been pulled apart (to make a Paploo) but maybe I can still do some comparisons. As mentioned, I think there is no V. 1/V.2, I think it's just variations in the same run. There are so many "hand done" aspects to these figures - the way the fur is glued, the way the darker overspray is applied etc - that I think it's varying the outcome more than most other figs.

As I've said in the past, I have three HT chewies and they are all quite different in terms of the face, with one looking drastically better than the other two (ironically, the one I paid the least for.)

PEBlE2S.jpg

I'll sit on this guy a for a few weeks then do the more rust-colored wash on the hood and then also take a very thinned grey paint and gently brush it into the face and belly. Someone on here went a bit overboard so I'm going to go very slow, let it dry, take a look and then continue.

Overall -I'm much more happy with this single pack Wicket than I was with the two-pack version, but not sure why exactly. I just looks more convincing as a shrunken down Wicket for some reason. The fig in the pic has the two pack hood btw, which seemed a tad lighter (and a bit more of the rust color) than the single pack which was darker and had more weathering.

This is my single-pack Wicket (both pics are the same figure, just different angles.)

My two pack version has been pulled apart (to make a Paploo) but maybe I can still do some comparisons. As mentioned, I think there is no V. 1/V.2, I think it's just variations in the same run. There are so many "hand done" aspects to these figures - the way the fur is glued, the way the darker overspray is applied etc - that I think it's varying the outcome more than most other figs.

As I've said in the past, I have three HT chewies and they are all quite different in terms of the face, with one looking drastically better than the other two (ironically, the one I paid the least for.)

PEBlE2S.jpg

I'll sit on this guy a for a few weeks then do the more rust-colored wash on the hood and then also take a very thinned grey paint and gently brush it into the face and belly. Someone on here went a bit overboard so I'm going to go very slow, let it dry, take a look and then continue.

Overall -I'm much more happy with this single pack Wicket than I was with the two-pack version, but not sure why exactly. I just looks more convincing as a shrunken down Wicket for some reason. The fig in the pic has the two pack hood btw, which seemed a tad lighter (and a bit more of the rust color) than the single pack which was darker and had more weathering.

That's very interesting, especially that your 2-pak had the lighter hood...

But I'm not giving up on the v1 to v2. You must remember the ESB Yoda changes early on. I do believe there are some changes made, if necessary and at no extra cost, after the first production run. Although their runs have gotten so small now that perhaps any changes get lost in distribution.

What if Leia hadn't fed Wicket:
118243343_10164480850460604_5256654636433628184_o.jpg

118123875_10164480850555604_4722592746483699634_o.jpg

Consuming Leia might have had some unintended consequences...

wm8D2Dt.png

That's very interesting, especially that your 2-pak had the lighter hood...

But I'm not giving up on the v1 to v2. You must remember the ESB Yoda changes early on. I do believe there are some changes made, if necessary and at no extra cost, after the first production run. Although their runs have gotten so small now that perhaps any changes get lost in distribution.

Yeah, maybe - though Yoda was more distinct. Either way, the figure still needs work - neither V gives you a great out-of-the-box Wicket.

Back