Hot Toys - VGM16 - Biohazard 4 HD: Ada Wong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's because the Baby Doll figure is perfect for that sort of thing. People can go for insane poses without fear of damaging the figure.

I was really excited about Ada, but the recent posts in this thread have sobered me up in the sense that I now remember the issue with rubber Hot Toys seems to have and honestly it makes me want to avoid dealing with this figure altogether. Even if you just have Ada holding a gun and doing nothing else you might as well be flipping a coin every month and hoping you call it right, with the first instance of being wrong leading to tears and cracks on the body. And of course since this is Hot Toys, the company that couldn't care less about its fans, it's not like I'll be able to get a refund or replacement or anything along those lines.

Switch the body? :dunno maybe Amber's body will or Alice's. Or don't buy it if you know the body will deteriorate in time.

Switch the body? :dunno maybe Amber's body will or Alice's. Or don't buy it if you know the body will deteriorate in time.

I don't and that's the problem. If it had a big "WARNING: Figure will explode after six months" label on the production pictures then this would be a very easy choice, but unfortunately they don't. What bothers me is that Hot Toys does this every time and they don't seem to learn their lesson (then again their fans forgive them every time so there is no lesson that needs to be learned). I am hoping this new Ada body is like those advanced expensive seamless female bodies on the market. From what I understand those don't deteriorate.

Wow, Hot Toys is living in the past. Why not use a full seamless body like the Hot Stuff one? It's made of pvc (meaning IT WON'T crack like HT's rubber bodies).

222912sn84as7ppcz7wddo.jpg

2231187sd7af7u4zeh4dsm.jpg

Oh! Forgot to type my minor gripe. As there is only really one i have. The gripper on the stand! Its back to sideways. I understand that it couldnt be a crotch grabbing one as the dress would prevent it. I just wish they would of come up with a 3rd new design to make it less visible. Say, add magnets to her feet and make her base magnetic.

Oh! Forgot to type my minor gripe. As there is only really one i have. The gripper on the stand! Its back to sideways. I understand that it couldnt be a crotch grabbing one as the dress would prevent it. I just wish they would of come up with a 3rd new design to make it less visible. Say, add magnets to her feet and make her base magnetic.

I try not to even use Hot Toys stands when possible. I find they mess up outfits and are just generally ugly and inefficient. The Medicom stands are the way to go, but even those have problems. I try my best to get 1/6 figures in poses that don't need a stand. I have yet to be impressed by a generic 1/6 stand before. They really need to go for a Play Arts Kai styled clear highly articulated stand.

Wow, Hot Toys is living in the past. Why not use a full seamless body like the Hot Stuff one? It's made of pvc (meaning IT WON'T crack like HT's rubber bodies).

https://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201103/09/222912sn84as7ppcz7wddo.jpg

[IMG]https://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201103/09/2231187sd7af7u4zeh4dsm.jpg[/quote]

Correction it's made of high grade silicone (of different cosistency for the fleshy parts), not PVC... LukaZuo is in contact with the developer/manufacturer in Taiwan.

I try not to even use Hot Toys stands when possible. I find they mess up outfits and are just generally ugly and inefficient. The Medicom stands are the way to go, but even those have problems.
I never used to display my figure on their stands but i had one "fall" and it landed flat on its face and broke its mask. Ever since i will use a stand! The medicom stands look good but every now and then you get one where the back pole is loose inside of the base and it can pop out if you give the figure anything other than a museum pose.

I have however had a brain storm though given i have a spare new goblin diorama base. And she has a grapple gun. Right arm in the air straight (obviously) with the grapple gun in it and her head looking up, legs slightly loose looking and high up on the goblin base so it looks like she is being pulled up from the grapple gun to a ledge! It can be my way of giving her a nice stand and not having to worry about bending anything to give her a good pose.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That looks awesome!!! The headsculpt is dead accurate!!!

:panic:

That's what every HT spec says... 95% of the time it comes out how it's shown... and Resident Evil isn't exactly top priority for them so I doubt they'll make sculpt changes.

But hopefully!

Until they announce Marvin Branagh.

Hot Toys would do that, huh? You want RE6? Too bad, here's an extremely minor character from 1998's Resident Evil 2. Merry X-Mas HT fans! :pfft:

Though if he were in zombie mode I wouldn't mind :monkey3

So disappointed... I was hoping they show off the Batman figures soon and get an Assassin's Creed III license... want Conner so bad.

Back