Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot dang, it's raining Robos out here! Don't quite undersand how they couldn't have bundled this with the others but of course HT likes to make it rain. Think I'll stick with the reg w/o chair. Nice to see this property get some proper attention but just one question: Where's Cain?

I think the real issue here is the price... at $300 many collectors feel there should be more accessories to justify the price, even if they don't match up with the particular scene in the movie.

If they priced Robo more reasonably like $170-$200, I think majority of collectors would find the separate releases more acceptable.

Best post in this thgrrrread so far.

But it's still does not look like a $300 figure by old HT standarts :lol
That and diecast are the only reasons to complain.

This thread maybe wrongly labeled, The size of the head/neck compared to the thumb..... this is likely a 1/4 scale
270182_10151426009867344_294397838_n.jpg
PuF0q.gif

:pray:please oh please let it be 1/4

Last edited:
Here's the way I see it. If they make a third MMS, that has the unmasked Robo, I don't care. I wouldn't use it anyway, though it would be cool for that first box opening. If they make a third one that's a DX, that has everything the first one had plus more (leaving out maybe the voice chip), I'm going to be pissed because those always have all the little extras that add value to a figure.

I wasn't collecting when they did that with the Dark Knight Joker, but I though it was a ****ty thing to do to collectors when I first saw it, and it still is today. Release a DX or release it as MMS, but don't do both, and especially not the MMS first. You just piss your customers off, because most if not almost all of them would have opted for the DX if they knew it was coming.

I have paid a NRD and used reward points, so I'll be screwed in the instance they do a DX, because I will not be able to buy two of these.

Wtf!! **** you ht!!! I just order one but you release another one soon?? That is why I hate toys....

Here's the way I see it. If they make a third MMS, that has the unmasked Robo, I don't care. I wouldn't use it anyway, though it would be cool for that first box opening. If they make a third one that's a DX, I'm going to be pissed because those always have all the little extras that add value to a figure.

I wasn't collecting when they did that with the Dark Knight Joker, but I though it was a ****ty thing to do to collectors when I first saw it, and it still is today. Release a DX or release it as MMS, but don't do both, and especially not the MMS first. You just piss your customers off, because most if not almost all of them would have opted for the DX if they knew it was coming.

I have paid a NRD and used reward points, so I'll be screwed in the instance they do a DX, because I will not be able to buy two of these.
With that I completely agree; if the next release is a DX that includes everything and the kitchen sink, I'll feel cheated. But if it's just a beat-to-hell "final battle" MMS, that's fine.

Lesson to learn here folks is to wait a bit before you hit PO right away.

Also for the size and scale question above me, aren't action figures sculpted at a larger scale and then shrunk down? I believe they are called 2ups and 3 ups.

So it can still be 1/6 scale.

Wow there's a pretty negative reaction to the news. Personally I'm just happy to see lots of Robocop figures coming on the horizon.

Perhaps as the 'clean version' is diecast, maybe the unmasked and potentially battle damaged version will be plastic? so you have a choice - buy the metal version of the figure for $300ish or buy the plastic version with more accessories for $300ish

Also for the size and scale question above me, aren't action figures sculpted at a larger scale and then shrunk down? I believe they are called 2ups and 3 ups.
So it can still be 1/6 scale.

I dont think they do that any more for the higher end collectibles. They might start off slightly larger to account for some shrinkage. 1/6th is usually sculpted in 1/6 scale.
...though I could be wrong.

Maybe it's true they weren't able to get Peter Weller's approval so that's why there isn't a headsculpt included in the the two Robocops that came out. Maybe this is a headsculpt for Robocop 3 or Robocop the TV show:

robocop3-main_zps34d1f0ce.jpg

Robocop_ser_zps73ead5f2.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . .
. . . .
. . .
. .

:rotfl :wink1:

This thread maybe wrongly labeled, The size of the head/neck compared to the thumb..... this is likely a 1/4 scale
270182_10151426009867344_294397838_n.jpg

I'm not sure this is 1/4 scale. You have to take into consideration that asians are generally shorter and tinier. Basically a 1:6 scale head in the hands of a 1:1.15 human hand will the the appearance that the head is bigger. :lol

Back