Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:panic:Is the Battle Damaged version, and will not bring the helmet:panic:

If I had to choose one, I'd pick the normal version with helmet

robohero0572.jpg

robocop23.jpg

Robocop_ser_zps73ead5f2.jpg

What on earth is that thing!?

The Borg!

I can understand the idea of HT economizing, by making a "one size fits all" release - but that would hardly be an accurate figure in the end. Folks want movie accurate figures, but also want economy. :lol

At first I wanted the Murphy sculpt included too, but yeah - like the MMS117 & DX13 Arnolds, there's more than enough justification for two versions - the film speaks for itself!!! :lol

Now whether I can afford both RoboCop figures is another story.. but with the gimmicks on the current figure not appealing to me - plus that ugly base, hopefully Act3 RoboMurphy is going to be a great version to own. :cool:

As far as I'm concerned, it's GOOD they're doing separate figures. Each version can have it's own appropriate attention to detail etc, resulting in a far better outcome. :)

:exactly: Agreed completely Vintij!.

Looking forward to seeing it. Can't add to the debate since I'm just a casual Robocop fan.

Nevertheless BMD your views are of interest. If memory serves we had a disagreement in the DC section a while back but I quickly realised that, as with Difabio, even in disagreement, I enjoy reading what you have to say.

If I could have everything that's included in the MMS203 plus more battle-damaged parts plus an unmasked second head - all for the same $299 - then yes please I'd take that. But I have to assume Hot Toys is no longer willing to give us that much bang for the buck. And if the damage is going to be as extensive as I imagine it (like movie promo Mark VII) then it makes sense to save the unmasked head for that one so that it's more than just a repaint.

And thats the other way of looking at it. That they'll be providing with the next figure what they cannot or will not provide with the current figure at the pricepoint they're charging. Is it ideal, perhaps not. But me being the way I am I'd be doubling up to be able to display multiple options simultaneously either way so....

And of course I know not everyone is like that.

Maybe it's true they weren't able to get Peter Weller's approval so that's why there isn't a headsculpt included in the the two Robocops that came out. Maybe this is a headsculpt for Robocop 3 or Robocop the TV show:

robocop3-main_zps34d1f0ce.jpg

Robocop_ser_zps73ead5f2.jpg
bjqdvv6wi829.jpg

:exactly: Agreed completely Vintij!.

:hi5: :duff

It's just awesome they've finally pulled their finger out!!! :rock

I know you're a pretty committed fan a-dev, but I'd like to consider myself a big RoboCop fan too, so I'd love the iconic clean 'helmet on' version - as well as the 'on the run' RoboMurphy.

It's just a shame about the gimmicks they've went with for the current PO figure.

:hi5: :duff

It's just awesome they've finally pulled their finger out!!! :rock

I know you're a pretty committed fan a-dev, but I'd like to consider myself a big RoboCop fan too, so I'd love the iconic clean 'helmet on' version - as well as the 'on the run' RoboMurphy.

It's just a shame about the gimmicks they've went with for the current PO figure.

Y'know, recently, as little as a few weeks ago I thought I wasn't so much of a Robocop fan as to need any high end figures at all. Of course, as soon as HT showed their cards that changed straight away.

I can live with the gimmicks. We're already used to switching out bits'n'bobs with HT figures. The sound chips are the new aspect but I'd be lying if I said I didn't care to have an ED-209 'figure' who can say his lines from the film. Yes, if these were emitted from a base rather than the figure itself I would be just as happy with that however I don't think the feature will detract from the appearance of Robo or ED since their designs facilitate 'speakers' pretty naturally anyway. Then again the NECA figure doesn't appear to even have any speakers on it so we'll see.

The sound chips are the new aspect but I'd be lying if I said I didn't care to have an ED-209 'figure' who can say his lines from the film.
See - that, I'm completely fine with. It'll literally be a scaled analogue of the in film robot - same premise. A big chunky chassis like Ed's can house / conceal the sound thing seamlessly too, so I think that'll work really well.

On a humanoid-esque figure though - at least from how I'm seeing it, doesn't sit right with me. Weird how that works I know..

Y'know, recently, as little as a few weeks ago I thought I wasn't so much of a Robocop fan as to need any high end figures at all. Of course, as soon as HT showed their cards that changed straight away..

Im in the same boat unfortunately:monkey2

Now im trying to get other robocop stuffs too :panic:

Y'know, recently, as little as a few weeks ago I thought I wasn't so much of a Robocop fan as to need any high end figures at all. Of course, as soon as HT showed their cards that changed straight away.

:exactly:
Robocop was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and the HT merchandise is really looking hard to resist.

As long as the second version doesn't have everything the first version has, and more, then I am OK. The d ick move is to offer one version, and then 2 days later announce a second version that will have everything the first version has, and more.

As long as the second version doesn't have everything the first version has, and more, then I am OK. The d ick move is to offer one version, and then 2 days later announce a second version that will have everything the first version has, and more.

:exactly: :lecture:lecture:lecture

Just more reason that the day of PO is dead or dying quickly. I found it hard enough to decide between the chair version or regular. Now I am glad I waited so i can see all three versions before committing. NRD PO would have pissed me off too with this news.

Back