Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And face it, what does it matter to you any way A-dev? You'd buy ANY version they make and then you'd want more like a blood soaked variant with a Murphy face screaming in pain, or any change of minutia. That's not an insult or mocking you either, you said as much.

No point in us arguing then. I've gotten my way. HT have maximised the looks from the film it is possible to recreate simultaneously with different figures. You seem to be suggesting that they should have skipped the middle-stage of battle damage entirely hence my earlier comment about the semi-BD T-800. I'm glad they haven't.

Last edited:
1. Clean
2. Semi-damaged (post ED-209, with some damage to chest and visor)
3. Final damage (post SWAT ambush, lots of damage to arms/torso/legs, no mask, maybe chest piece that Clarence punctured with rod and bloody "middle finger")

7587568789705049887876_zps4bb7d6bd.gif

Okay then, we're on the same page. I didn't see any posts that hinted at dissatisfaction of not getting the Murphy head with the 203/204, just you figured that it would happen. No worries.

It also begs to question, if you can have swap out helmets and chest plates, why not swap out shoulders, thighs and shins? I hope people understand what I'm getting out. There's just no rhyme or reason to the choices they make. They'll go all out on one figure/character, but not on another. Some will get a WHOLE other figure, body and costume and all, but not the other. Some get a second head, the other doesn't. There's just no consistency when there should be with $300+ figures now.

I totally agree with you. This jump to $300 1/6 figures has really got me questioning them. $300 for two Luke Skywalkers with the weather vane, I can kind of understand. $300 for this Robocop with very few accessories and no actors head sculpt doesn't make sense to me. There doesn't seem to be any consistency of value. I love Robocop. He's up there pretty close to Predator, Terminator, and Aliens for me, but I have a hard time pulling the trigger for one of these at $300. There's no way I'd buy variants on something priced like this. I'm insane about toys, but not that insane.

I think the problem is that HT could have easily included a Murphy head with this figure, instead of making a whole separate release so they can charge $300 again for those that just want the HS. Kind of sh***y on HT part, I'm not in the least bit surprised though.

Why do you want the unmasked head with the lesser damaged suit? Is him shooting the jars of baby food your favorite scene or something?

Pretty lame to announce a cool item like this and have it be part of a future figure. The guess of it being for a Robocop 2 is probably right we got one from all 3 movies with the last body/design so they may do the same here.

I think the problem is that HT could have easily included a Murphy head with this figure, instead of making a whole separate release so they can charge $300 again for those that just want the HS. Kind of sh***y on HT part, I'm not in the least bit surprised though.
If they could have included the unmasked headsculpt and still kept the price at $299, then yeah it's sh***y of them. But if that elaborate Weller sculpt would have pushed the price to $349 then I'm glad they saved it for a second release.

It seems that people are trying to enlighten you to the fact that Robocop goes through different stages of battle damage throughout the film.

1. Clean
2. OCP Building/ED-209 damage (with some damage to chest and punctured visor)
3. Final damage (no mask, bloody "middle finger" and chest piece that Clarence punctured with "spear")

The current version gives us 1. and 2. The next version could (and assumedly will) give us 3. What's the problem?

And what I'm saying is, is that necessary? Especially at $300 a figure. Who's to say the next one isn't pushing $400? $700 for two figures that could most likely be compressed into one release?

For me, the OCP building damage is everything we see when he gets unmasked with the baby food/targeting practice. This includes ED-209 blastings shooting him to hell and the Detroit police shootout in the parking garage.

If we want to get ****, which people are. Then it should be like this.

- A clean, regular figure.

- ED-209 Battle Damage figure (till Robocop opens the door and the cops put him in their spot lights)

- Detroit Police Battle Damage

- Damaged unmasked Robocop

- Damaged unmasked Murphy as he gets impaled

- Damaged unmasked Murphy after getting impaled with blood on his chest

- OCP confrontation with dry/no blood

That's just ridiculous and minutia as far as I'm concerned. You either make a clean figure, and leave it at that and make a second one OR, you make one version that has parts to depict every scene of the film. There's two looks for Robocop as a figure as far as I'm concerned. Robocop new and pristine and Robocop damaged with a hole in his visor and unmasked. Not, "oh, here is ED-209 damage, then Police added on damage, then Clarence and the gang" etc. etc. That's ridiculous.

It's just like the pick and choosing crap they did with the Terminator. MMS 117 could have EASILY come with some gloves and a "damn minigun" and bandoleer, but they didn't, they obnoxiously spread it out. Same with the 1984 Terminator. We get a bloodied surgery scene head and arm, but no burnt off eye brows and spikey hair? A scene that shows him that way longer than the DIYS? Then where the heck is the Police Shoot Out gear? It's just dumb.

That's why I said, their choices on what they choose for each release is baffling and inconsistent, whether the character is popular or not.

It seems that people are trying to enlighten you to the fact that Robocop goes through different stages of battle damage throughout the film.

1. Clean
2. OCP Building/ED-209 damage (with some damage to chest and punctured visor)
3. Final damage (no mask, bloody "middle finger" and chest piece that Clarence punctured with "spear")

The current version gives us 1. and 2. The next version could (and assumedly will) give us 3. What's the problem?

That's the only way they could justify another RoboCop figure. I'd be pissed off it was essentially the same thing as the diecast version but with the Weller headsculpt.

I just want one version of RoboCop on my shelf so I'm a bit disappointed that the Weller headsculpt isn't included in the diecast version I paid for in full already. I didn't think they were going to make one.. :slap :lol So I fall into that category of those who are going to pay 300 just for HS.. :(

If we want to get ****, which people are. Then it should be like this.

- A clean, regular figure.

- ED-209 Battle Damage figure (till Robocop opens the door and the cops put him in their spot lights)

- Detroit Police Battle Damage

- Damaged unmasked Robocop

- Damaged unmasked Murphy as he gets impaled

- Damaged unmasked Murphy after getting impaled with blood on his chest

- OCP confrontation with dry/no blood

That's just ridiculous and minutia as far as I'm concerned.

OK, I wouldn't go that far. Well I might buy a 4th one if it somehow looked too cool to pass on but I wouldn't request that they make individual figures for every single thing you outline.

Why is the middle-phase of damage important though? Because its the damage ED-209 gives him. We are getting an ED-209 figure and the two will match up. Simple as that.

Last edited:
I think they included BD parts with the diecast version for those who wouldn't want to (or couldn't afford to) buy another complete BD figure.

I definitely think they should include the Murphy headsculpt with this release. Just based on the sneak peek photo, they are making the Murphy headsculpt design from the first movie, so this will likely come with another version of Robocop 1.

I don't think the BD on his release of robocop is "half assed". The BD parts that come with robo features battle damage from the fight with ED-209 in the tower. I think it was meant to compliment the ED-209 release. Additional damage caused by the cops and after are not included on this first release.

Most likely they are going to make a end scene Robo 1 design without helmet as seen in the end of the movie. just like how they made the the bd DX T-800 release to match the end of T2.

To address the idea of a removable helmet idea, it's almost 0% chance going to happen since the make up designs are actually different. In the movie, the helmet never actually fits over the design of unmasked robo because it wasn't designed to fit over it. Check out some behind the scenes and you will see what I mean. Two separate designs.

So if there is another version, it will be post ocp shootout and final showdown. Easy pass for me.
Still think this will be added to the released figures.

I definitely think they should include the Murphy headsculpt with this release. Just based on the sneak peek photo, they are making the Murphy headsculpt design from the first movie, so this will likely come with another version of Robocop 1.

I don't think the BD on his release of robocop is "half assed". The BD parts that come with robo features battle damage from the fight with ED-209 in the tower. I think it was meant to compliment the ED-209 release. Additional damage caused by the cops and after are not included on this first release.

Most likely they are going to make a end scene Robo 1 design without helmet as seen in the end of the movie. just like how they made the the bd DX T-800 release to match the end of T2.

To address the idea of a removable helmet idea, it's almost 0% chance going to happen since the make up designs are actually different. In the movie, the helmet never actually fits over the design of unmasked robo because it wasn't designed to fit over it. Check out some behind the scenes and you will see what I mean. Two separate designs.

:exactly: to all.

Although I think people are mainly thinking about switch-out heads rather than removeable helmets, I could be wrong.

I don't think any one would expect a true, functioning, removable helmet, not me anyway.

There's that whole issue of what they do about the chin strap (which the film doesn't even bring up), not to mention the actual fit.

But as an alternate headsculpt, a second portrait? Hell yeah. The DX 12 Batman had swap out faces AND a second headsculpt with neck armor didn't it? No excuses. If you can have swap out chestplates, how hard is it to do the same with the shoulders and legs.

Great point. With the first release HT is clearly giving us Robocop to represent the film up to the point where he's surrounded by the cops. He was never unmasked up to that point.

Assumedly the new Robo will represent him after that scene.

Not going to lie... I nerd raged for 3 hours after seeing this thread.

I think they should offer a clean headsculpt of Murphy's face for the 1st figure, theirs honestly no reason NOT to include it, especially with the $299+ price... it would be a nice addition with the chair.

I don't know if I can afford a Battle Damaged Robocop, which honestly kills me inside, it's a $$ problem... other wise I probably wouldn't care, lol.

Not going to lie... I nerd raged for 3 hours after seeing this thread.

I think they should offer a clean headsculpt of Murphy's face for the 1st figure, theirs honestly no reason NOT to include it, especially with the $299+ price... it would be a nice addition with the chair.

I don't know if I can afford a Battle Damaged Robocop, which honestly kills me inside, it's a $$ problem... other wise I probably wouldn't care, lol.

You just need to decide him if you want him from the first 2/3 of the movie or the last 1/3. Just like the T2 T800.

Back