Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks HT! It will be bought. I don't care about the milking, I want all these versions seperately anyway.

And this eases the worry that the accurate mouths on the existing figures might be changed to a non-Weller likeness for licensing reasons. We can happily expect that they will look exactly as shown in the proto pics when the figures come out.

:exactly: :duff

I agree, that 300$ is much money for a sixth scale figure, die cast parts or not. And we know nothing about the quality of HT die cast figures. Maybe the paint will chip away easily.

I guess the know it all who said it is impossible to get Weller's likeness are wrong.

I agree, that 300$ is much money for a sixth scale figure, die cast parts or not. And we know nothing about the quality of HT die cast figures. Maybe the paint will chip away easily.

Umm... 77% that this version has no diecast parts :dunno
Wrong thread, fella.

Read ht text again, dunno why but i think this hs Will be added to the already shown figures.
Well see :)

I'm hoping this will simply be added to one or two of the current releases and not a new figure altogether. If that's the case I would order the chair version. Right now I'm probably just going to sit on the fence until this is all clarified. Since there are no exclusives there's no reason to rush out and pre-order a RC although I might lock in ED.

It works for me. We've got clean look, ED-209 stage battle damage and now we'll have full end-of-movie battle damage aswell.

And I complain enough about HT not telling us anything about their plans so I'm not gonna complain now that they have.

Robocop is finally getting the complete treatment it has always deserved.

Hot Toys posts one little old headsculpt....

tumblr_mjz84mkn9f1rzlpdeo1_500.gif

Kinda feel sorry for people who had to pay NRD for this one thinking they will not get a murphy sculpt.

It works for me. We've got clean look, ED-209 stage battle damage and now we'll have full end-of-movie battle damage aswell.

And I complain enough about HT not telling us anything about their plans so I'm not gonna complain now that they have.

Robocop is finally getting the complete treatment it has always deserved.

Right there with ya. :goodpost:

Plus, I can't really see this as Iron Man level "milking" when we'll probably only get two Robos, max. I want to display a regular and a battle-damaged anyhow, so this is a welcome development from my POV. They're not abusing me as a customer, they're giving me both the options I want.

Right there with ya. :goodpost:

Plus, I can't really see this as Iron Man level "milking" when we'll probably only get two Robos, max. I want to display a regular and a battle-damaged anyhow, so this is a welcome development from my POV. They're not abusing me as a customer, they're giving me both the options I want.

Exactly. And you can't complain about not having everything in one figure and complain about 'gimmicks' aswell.

i'm glad this is happening as now i don't have to buy a second Robo. I'll have my Robo w/chair, Ed and Murphy Robo and be happy like a lamb. Since apparently i'm considered a sheep for buying things i like with my own money.

Now that i think about it maybe i will buy another one to display the OCP Building battle damage.

It sucks that we're not getting the unmasked head with the MMS203 and MMS204 - but I thought we all realized as soon as we saw those figures sans-Weller sculpt that Hot Toys was obviously saving it for a second release? The only surprise here to me is how quickly after the last Robocop announcement they've decided to share some plans for the next.

Oh yeah, I think this is BS as well.

Not that I think the head should have been released with the current offerings, just the way they went about it.

They shouldn't have added the "battle damaged" bits like the helmet and armor chest piece to the first version since they're doing this. Having that swap out chest piece and a helmet that doesn't even have a likeness underneath just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The regular figure would be more solid without a thin, removable chest piece panel and gimmicky swap out parts.

I'd have no problem if they made a regular version and then a battle damaged version with Weller sculpt later from the climax of the film. But there's an uncertainty with this one. How do we know they don't make a Robocop 2 version with Weller's mug? They're just all over the place with their picks, ideas and choices. None of it really makes sense, especially their coming soon announcements or how things just pop up randomly.

Either way, it seems silly. I'm glad there will be an unmasked Robocop with Weller likeness available to me though.

So does this mean that it's officially going to be Peter Weller reciting his RoboCop lines? There was never any clarification on that as I remember.

Oh yeah, I think this is BS as well.

Not that I think the head should have been released with the current offerings, just the way they went about it.

They shouldn't have added the "battle damaged" bits like the helmet and armor chest piece to the first version since they're doing this. Having that swap out chest piece and a helmet that doesn't even have a likeness underneath just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The regular figure would be more solid without a thin, removable chest piece panel and gimmicky swap out parts.

I'd have no problem if they made a regular version and then a battle damaged version with Weller sculpt later from the climax of the film. But there's an uncertainty with this one. How do we know they don't make a Robocop 2 version with Weller's mug? They're just all over the place with their picks, ideas and choices. None of it really makes sense, especially their coming soon announcements or how things just pop up randomly.

Either way, it seems silly. I'm glad there will be an unmasked Robocop with Weller likeness available to me though.
So...your suggested solution is that they should have included no accessories or features with the MMS203 and 204 versions? :cuckoo:

This thread maybe wrongly labeled, The size of the head/neck compared to the thumb..... this is likely a 1/4 scale
270182_10151426009867344_294397838_n.jpg

I don't own any 1/4 figures, and don't have any real concept of how much larger they are, but holding my thumb/fingers to a 1/6 figure in the same way, it seems close to this picture - it doesn't look off. The face seems to be 3 dainty finger-nails high, which matches with my measurements here.

:exactly: I just did a quick comparison with my 1/6 Batman head and it looks pretty spot on in terms of scale.

I don't think everyone is understanding that, like the T-800, Robocop undergoes different phases of battle-damage, one phase as valid for a figure as the other.

Back