Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did I say that?

How is the Auto 9 not an accessory? Or the data spike? How are faceplates and electronic lines from the movie not features.

That helmet and the chest plate are literally worthless now if Hot Toys decides to give us a fully battle damaged Robocop with Weller's likeness. I'd sooner have a solid figure without a gimmicky pop out paneled chest with no seam lines and no worries of shoddy glue applications for the magnets or breaking off details/or pegs (depending on how they go about it). It would have been way better if the torso was one solid piece. No need for the helmet or chest crap if they're just going to make a better, fully BD version.

I wish they would do this one as well:

murphy%20robocop.JPG

Exclusive part could be this, ala Luke DX07 style, but with more loose parts and veins:

robo4.jpg

Where did I say that?

How is the Auto 9 not an accessory? Or the data spike? How are faceplates and electronic lines from the movie not features.

That helmet and the chest plate are literally worthless now if Hot Toys decides to give us a fully battle damaged Robocop with Weller's likeness. I'd sooner have a solid figure without a gimmicky pop out paneled chest with no seam lines and no worries of shoddy glue applications for the magnets or breaking off details/or pegs (depending on how they go about it). It would have been way better if the torso was one solid piece. No need for the helmet or chest crap if they're just going to make a better, fully BD version.

They do that quite often now, just like the clean Avengers Mark 7 will come with a BD parts, and Mark 42 as well.

That helmet and the chest plate are literally worthless now if Hot Toys decides to give us a fully battle damaged Robocop with Weller's likeness.

No need for the helmet or chest crap if they're just going to make a better, fully BD version.

Thats like saying they shouldn't have bothered with the semi-BD look on the DX13.

They shouldn't have added the "battle damaged" bits like the helmet and armor chest piece to the first version since they're doing this. Having that swap out chest piece and a helmet that doesn't even have a likeness underneath just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The regular figure would be more solid without a thin, removable chest piece panel and gimmicky swap out parts.

I'd have no problem if they made a regular version and then a battle damaged version with Weller sculpt later from the climax of the film. But there's an uncertainty with this one. How do we know they don't make a Robocop 2 version with Weller's mug? They're just all over the place with their picks, ideas and choices. None of it really makes sense, especially their coming soon announcements or how things just pop up randomly.

Thats like saying they shouldn't have bothered with the semi-BD look on the DX13.

No it's not, because there isn't going to be another Battle Damaged T-800 and no surprise "hey, we have this new head for an upcoming version".

Hot Toys should have either included the Weller headsculpt with the 203/204 figure (a little arm battle damage on the arms and legs be damned) or make two whole figures, one regular clean Robocop (cheaper price) and a Battle Damaged version with the Alex Murphy/Weller reveal.

Unless that Murphy headsculpt is for a blue Robocop 2 figure, then I have no problem. If it's another Robocop 1 with Battle Damage, then they're decisions are baffling.

That helmet and the chest plate are literally worthless now if Hot Toys decides to give us a fully battle damaged Robocop with Weller's likeness.
Not for those of us who only intend to buy one version. No way I'd drop $600 to have a clean and a damaged version of the same figure.

Not for those of us who only intend to buy one version. No way I'd drop $600 to have a clean and a damaged version of the same figure.

Okay then, so you're not interested in buying what Hot Toys' plans to make next? How am I supposed to know that.

If you care about getting more bang for your buck and the damaged helmet and chest plate mean value to you, wouldn't you want this unmasked Robocop head included with the 203/204 figures?

OK well this is where we fundamentally disagree then.

I think what HT has done makes sense as far as enabling all possible looks to the maximum accuracy without compromises.

I said either or though. Either with the compromise (just throw in the Murphy sculpt with the 2 BD pieces for 203/204 or without (a full on second figure). The chest plate swapping and popping off of the 203/204 IS a compromise.

And face it, what does it matter to you any way A-dev? You'd buy ANY version they make and then you'd want more like a blood soaked variant with a Murphy face screaming in pain, or any change of minutia. That's not an insult or mocking you either, you said as much.

If they're going to make a more accurate, damaged version with "the next one" anyway, what purpose does it serve including half assed damage to the first? That's all I'm getting at.

Besides, for all we know, the "next one coming soon" might be an unmasked blue Robo from Robocop 2 to go with their Cain. Then that would be REALLY baffling.

Okay then, so you're not interested in buying what Hot Toys' plans to make next? How am I supposed to know that.
At $300 a pop these days, why would you assume anyone is going to purchase every iteration Hot Toys releases? :)

If you care about getting more bang for your buck and the damaged helmet and chest plate mean value to you, wouldn't you want this unmasked Robocop head included with the 203/204 figures?
Of course! I'd absolutely love to have the unmasked head included with the 203/204 figures, and was disappointed when it was revealed without.

another version with weller sculpt?

sigh... i miss the days when hot toys would just include all the essentials in one package... (looking at my dx jack sparrow with utter longing...)

It seems that people are trying to enlighten you to the fact that Robocop goes through different stages of battle damage throughout the film.

1. Clean
2. OCP Building/ED-209 damage (with some damage to chest and punctured visor)
3. Final damage (no mask, bloody "middle finger" and chest piece that Clarence punctured with "spear")

The current version gives us 1. and 2. The next version could (and assumedly will) give us 3. What's the problem?

At $300 a pop these days, why would you assume anyone is going to purchase every iteration Hot Toys releases? :)

Of course! I'd absolutely love to have the unmasked head included with the 203/204 figures, and was disappointed when it was revealed without.

Okay then, we're on the same page. I didn't see any posts that hinted at dissatisfaction of not getting the Murphy head with the 203/204, just you figured that it would happen. No worries.

It also begs to question, if you can have swap out helmets and chest plates, why not swap out shoulders, thighs and shins? I hope people understand what I'm getting out. There's just no rhyme or reason to the choices they make. They'll go all out on one figure/character, but not on another. Some will get a WHOLE other figure, body and costume and all, but not the other. Some get a second head, the other doesn't. There's just no consistency when there should be with $300+ figures now.

It seems that people are trying to enlighten you to the fact that Robocop goes through different stages of battle damage throughout the film.

1. Clean
3. Final damage (no mask, bloody "middle finger" and chest piece that Clarence punctured with "spear")

The current version gives us 1. and 2. The next version could (and assumedly will) give us 3. What's the problem?
If I'm understanding him correctly, DiFabio wants to spend $600 for what Hot Toys is presently giving us for $300 - so he doesn't have to worry about the chest plate falling off.

I cant see what the problem is? At least we know there's a face sculpt version coming and that's awesome!!! And we didn't find out so long after like the dx10 to dx13 releases n feel shafted. I'm just gonna get the regular version as I only really want 1 iconic version of a character and/or villan from a movie (or per movie if a series eg T1, T2 n T1000) in my collection and I'm not bothered bout dioramas like the chair.

The open face version Might be a dx robocop 3 with a gun arm n jet pack!!! I'd buy that for a dollar!!!

*****es leave!!!

1. Clean

I think the problem is that HT could have easily included a Murphy head with this figure, instead of making a whole separate release so they can charge $300 again for those that just want the HS. Kind of sh***y on HT part, I'm not in the least bit surprised though.

Back