Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade here....

Seriously HTs? I mean...really?
****** YOU Hot Toys.
I swear, if anyone is actually forgiving of HTs decision, ugh!

1. Including this head w/o full BD parts would be retarded
2. **** interchangeable parts and **** helmets over full HS

Another figure is the only logical way, be happy.

Last edited:
1. Including this head w/o full BD parts would be retarded
2. **** interchangeable parts and **** helmets over full HS

Another figure is the only logical way, be happy.

And the first member that sadly gets his rocks off by attempting to get the 3 laughs from others, responds with the most thought provoking and useless post.

Good job sheep.

So giving us a head without full BD is retarded, yet they release one with some BD parts...

Do you seriously like bending over for HTs? If so, tell me, how does it feel?

You wanna know what's retarded? HTs release plan for robocop.

Both versions will include BD. which is why this particular release is stupid. What's wrong with going all the way with this release?? Why not?!

I know, would've been cool to include the headsculpt with the diecast version. But they are a business with their mind on profit.. This is a smart move by them. Make a clean version in diecast that everyone wants (obviously).. and then a completely BD version with a Weller headsculpt. I'm not sure it's BD but that's most likely it. I don't think they would release another clean version with the Weller headsculpt. THAT would be dumb.

I know, would've been cool to include the headsculpt with the diecast version. But they are a business with their mind on profit.. This is a smart move by them. Make a clean version in diecast that everyone wants (obviously).. and then a completely BD version with a Weller headsculpt. I'm not sure it's BD but that's most likely it. I don't think they would release another clean version with the Weller headsculpt. THAT would be dumb.

Then why bother including BD with the regular release? Understand what i mean? If you want this to be a true separate release, then give him the full BD where the first regular release has NO BD. why half *** it by including BD, but not the head, where almost everyone asked about. Oh right, because they're a bunch of greedy *** clowns

And like I said in my first post, I know they are a business, and I KNOW they are greedy. I just couldn't believe they would actually do this.

Y'know what? On second thought, I should've known better.

Once again...

**** YOU HOT TOYS.

Then why bother including BD with the regular release? Understand what i mean? If you want this to be a true separate release, then give him the full BD where the first regular release has NO BD. why half *** it by including BD, but not the head, where almost everyone asked about. Oh right, because they're a bunch of greedy *** clowns

And like I said in my first post, I know they are a business, and I KNOW they are greedy. I just couldn't believe they would actually do this.

Y'know what? On second thought, I should've known better.

Once again...

**** YOU HOT TOYS.

Yeah it's not the first time they do this (Mark 7!) and I understand your frustration.. But as I see it, one is the clean version with slight BD included and the other one is gonna be a completely BD figure. I mean, that's the only way they could justify making two figures of this.

There you go guys. I know a lot of people are happy.

Kinda weird about the releases though. Clearly one of these 3 isn't going to sell all that well. Right?

"We heard that you guys would love to see Alex Murphy as the unhelmeted RoboCop, so we got a good news for you all!"

I find it funny how they make it seem like they didn't plan this from the start.

Here's the thing that I find odd about this. Why would they announce that they're making one with the sculpt on ANOTHER VERSION just 24 hours after the announcement of the first one? Surely they know that people, like me, will hold out on buying the original one when they just said they'll be making one with the sculpt.

Why not do what they do with the Iron Man line and just include the sculpt across the entire line? Now you have people who:
A) Are pissed off that they just placed an order for the original one at $300, or worse, $425 for the one with the chair
B) Are not going to order the ones announce and hold off on seeing the one with the sculpt

Just seems odd that they would announce it if they didn't plan on including this sculpt with the original one. The figure is almost a YEAR away, I have a feeling the sculpt will indeed be added onto all the figures across this line.

Look at what they did with the Mark VII and the Movie Promo Mark VII. They added the wrist guard + repulsor hands the last minute instead of limiting it just to the Battle Damage version.

Then again this could be what they did with the terminator line and indeed just be a way to milk this line.

In that case..

67e_zps150af616.gif~original

I think if they had announced Luke Skywalker now and it didn't exist you would have

1) Luke Skywalker.
2) BD Luke Skywalker.
3) BD Luke Skywalker with weather vane.

as 3 separate releases. The fact that they all come in one box and cost less than the single RoboCop makes this all a bit of a piss take.

Last edited:
I'm glad to read what you guys are writing.

At first, some were FOR THIS. I swear I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

The effed up thing here is, there is literally no way to vent our concerns. Especially since HT disabled comments on their FB. Which also means, any angry emails will not get any replies from HT. it's like censorship on the worst level.

(probably broken english alert) In the first robocop movie, Murphy removes his helmet "after" the OCP police attack. Until then he only had the first shrapnel in his chest and helmet of his encounter with the ED209. I think the next version we see here, will be the battle damage Robocop with COBRA riffle. just one geek problem here: Murphy gets his COBRA riffle "after" he kills Boddicker, so if he has the riffle, he must have blood and scratch in the head. If you are a accuracy dictator (and you know you are one of us), forget of using it in the clear Robocop version.

At first, some were FOR THIS. I swear I felt like I was taking crazy pills.
After reading your posts one could say that it's not far from the truth :wave

In the first robocop movie, Murphy removes his helmet "after" the OCP police attack. Until then he only had the first shrapnel in his chest and helmet of his encounter with the ED209. I think the next version we see here, will be the battle damage Robocop with COBRA riffle. just one geek problem here: Murphy gets his COBRA riffle "after" he kills Boddicker, so if he has the riffle, he must have blood and scratch in the head. If you are a accuracy dictator (and you know you are one of us), forget of using it in the clear Robocop version.

:goodpost: :lecture:lecture:lecture

Feels like a bit of a cash grab though they could have included this, this is the exact thing that started putting me off of NECA stuff 50 versions because we can't be bothered to put another head in the packaging, going to stick with Robocop and ED-209 I have on pre-order but still bet a scramble will start for a loose 1/6 Robocop unmasked head :lol

Huh....
Another version....
Ht think we are all millionnaires or what?
Im not interested in a bd version, but would love to pose him unhelmeted on his chair (even if not screen accurate).
To me its a **** move Head should available with the already shown versions.
I did too stayed away from neca because of stuff like this.
Will probably get EB 1/4 that seems to have both looks.

Huh....
Another version....
Ht think we are all millionnaires or what?
Im not interested in a bd version, but would love to pose him unhelmeted on his chair (even if not screen accurate).
To me its a **** move Head should available with the already shown versions.

Exactly, it should've been there in the first place. The only way for my faith to be restored in HT is they have a change of heart and include the head.

If not, **** them.

Thanks HT! It will be bought. I don't care about the milking, I want all these versions seperately anyway.

And this eases the worry that the accurate mouths on the existing figures might be changed to a non-Weller likeness for licensing reasons. We can happily expect that they will look exactly as shown in the proto pics when the figures come out.

Back