Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you could get a photo of that DAM body next to a TTM22 that would be really helpful. I'm not sure the thighs will work for every figure I want a slim/smaller body for but it might for at least one or two.

I have a couple of the 22 bodies on customs at work i think. I will see if i can get some pics. Likely the thighs could be dremelled down a bit.

Just ordered two DAM bodies with sculpted neck. Needed a body with doubled joint elbow but sculpted neck and forearms.

Just ordered two DAM bodies with sculpted neck. Needed a body with doubled joint elbow but sculpted neck and forearms.

I think that's almost the same as the bodies i posted above. Except with the attached neck. Let us know if the neck is rubber like the HT ones, or solid like the old Soldier Story ones.

If you could get a photo of that DAM body next to a TTM22 that would be really helpful. I'm not sure the thighs will work for every figure I want a slim/smaller body for but it might for at least one or two.

The thighs are too big, but side by side, the top part looks incredibly similar(Like the DAM body is a bootleg of the TTM22, but with a bit more muscle definition, without making any parts bigger except the thighs) and the shoulders are the same width.
Here are some pics:

Notice the collar area where the neck will mate, the collar bones, the ribcage line, pec line and top row of abs. They all line up.
B58EE7C0-F14C-43BA-9597-97B770F567BA.jpg

It's hard to tell from this image, but the width of the shoulders are the exact same size on both.

F9F8530A-E314-4A21-97F0-A31EEE411BC9.jpg

I'm willing to bet that a little judicious dremelling will reduce the thighs enough so that they are not an issue. And being DAM legs, they just pop off the ball joint for any mods.

20FF5F6D-120B-4DBC-9848-46916E604E59.jpg

9F7DFB57-92BB-4432-B5C9-6F510850AC99.jpg

Hi everyone, first time kitbashing here. This might have been discussed a lot of times, but what's a good body for a Tony Stark kitbash? I am planning to dress him in a suit with a shirt and vest underneath. Will a TTM18 KO be good?

I am also planning to kitbash Obadian Stane in a suit too since I have a spare HS from my monger. Should I use a taller body for him since Jeff Bridge is taller than RDJ in real life?

Any suggestions are very appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I would go with something a bit better than a knockoff. I've got my two customs on knockoffs and while they do their job sufficiently, I think you would be happier with a higher quality base. I also think I might suggest using a body a bit slimmer than the knockoffs. I actually had to sheer the shoulders down siginificnatly to have it fit The jacket on my last custom (Hardy Mad Max) and he still looks bulky.

Hi everyone, first time kitbashing here. This might have been discussed a lot of times, but what's a good body for a Tony Stark kitbash? I am planning to dress him in a suit with a shirt and vest underneath. Will a TTM18 KO be good?

I am also planning to kitbash Obadian Stane in a suit too since I have a spare HS from my monger. Should I use a taller body for him since Jeff Bridge is taller than RDJ in real life?

Any suggestions are very appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Any knock off will be fine. You'll never see the body once you're done.
And you can use taller pegs for Stane to rise him up.

Hoping in 2016 some company will make a knock off Arnie Body with double jointed arms. Need them for bashes.

I wish HT would make some more True Types, I'm often doing bashes and keep running out of bodies. I know there are a lot of other bodies from other companies out there but HT are quality bodies. HT TT bodies are now a lot on ebay because they have not released any new ones in ages.

I just buy parted our bodies of characters that use the body type I need, although the Arnie body is becoming a little troublesome without an insane markup

I know there are a lot of other bodies from other companies out there but HT are quality bodies.

Their last retail TTM versions were good, but they're not using the same quality on their current figures for the most part. The bodies HT is now using on their current run of the mill figure aren't any better than many of the no-name bodies on eBay, and of much lower quality than the other name-brand bodies on eBay like ZCWO, Soldier Story, Coo Model, etc.

Don't expect HT to ever release basic bodies again, it's not in their financial interest to promote kit bashing or customs.

Is there anything out there close to the hot toys ttm22 slim body? The hot toys seems to be overpriced now.

Is there anything out there close to the hot toys ttm22 slim body? The hot toys seems to be overpriced now.

You are in luck. There is a body that's very close(Albeit with thicker legs). The most recent DAM Toys bodies are nearly a carbon copy of the TTM22 slim upper bodies and have better wiry muscle definition.
You will notice the similarities, and how large the Hawkeye head looks on the body.

B58EE7C0-F14C-43BA-9597-97B770F567BA.jpg

F9F8530A-E314-4A21-97F0-A31EEE411BC9.jpg

20FF5F6D-120B-4DBC-9848-46916E604E59.jpg

9F7DFB57-92BB-4432-B5C9-6F510850AC99.jpg

1D4DB14A-8506-4BEE-8618-F02EDB470E15.jpg

3655D5A5-5268-4554-981F-7D2F85724200.jpg

3C6E3E58-4770-4D72-99F6-54EB1ADCEA6D.jpg

C33890BE-5F36-43F3-A5A2-3DD7904D080B.jpg

You are in luck. There is a body that's very close(Albeit with thicker legs). The most recent DAM Toys bodies are nearly a carbon copy of the TTM22 slim upper bodies and have better wiry muscle definition.
You will notice the similarities, and how large the Hawkeye head looks on the body.

Thanks! I am doing another Marty McFly and need a slim body. As you say the legs seems to be much thicker which might be a problem.

Just out of curiosity, would a HT Body that's a couple of years old but still wrapped in plastic be worth the same as a new HT Body, or perhaps just a little less?

Back