Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

I've never tried bashing a figure until now, so I wonder if someone might be able to give an opinion on whether this might work. Want to make Agent Smith, so I bought a Schmidt sculpt. A slim body would be best so I was eyeballing the Blake body, with the MMS220 black suit on top of Gordon's white shirt.

Just trying to figure out if it would all be proportionate to each other, body and head especially.

If Blake is on a standard height slim, comparable to TTM22 and similar to that used on DX07 Luke Skywalker, then it's going to be somewhat short. Hugo Weaving is 6'2" so you want something a little taller than the standard 12" body. Might require some modifications.

Re: Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

What body is Red Skull's most comparable to? TTM21 looks a bit taller than TTM22.

TTM21 'regular' is similar to the knock-off "narrow shoulder" bodies that are modelled after TTM-18, but with much bulkier arms. Those are all "standard" height to produce a 12" figure with a typical head/neck combo. TTM22 slim produces a figure about 11.5" tall. The reference photos I posted last week cover the basic HT bodies and their clones pretty well.

Looking for help on what bodies (KO or originals) I could use for the following figures -

HT Scarecrow (bashing a version of him)
HT Joker 2.0 (bashing a second version of him)
HT T-1000 (bashing a version of him)
HT Bruce Banner (using his original body for another figure)

Thanks peeps.

Joker- any narrow shoulder truetype.
Scarecrow- no idea but any normal body should work.
Banner- slim body perhaps.
T1000- ht t1000 body with metal on the chest if you need that. If not i think narrow or slim body should be fine.

Cheers pal for your help.

Yeah I remember the original HT T-1000 body but the metal chest doesn't matter.

Joker- any narrow shoulder truetype.
Scarecrow- no idea but any normal body should work.
Banner- slim body perhaps.
T1000- ht t1000 body with metal on the chest if you need that. If not i think narrow or slim body should be fine.

No, Banner's different. It's a TTM16 chest with different arms IIRC.

No, Banner's different. It's a TTM16 chest with different arms IIRC.

Yeah if you look at Banners body you can see its a hybrid. I'm going to have to buy a complete Banner set (body will be used for Michael Myers) so I'm looking for a body to replace the original Banner body with so that I can pose him with the Avengers 2 Hulk.

That is why i said perhaps. If you are posing banner with hulk any body would do really. Hulk is massive. But if with the avengers than a more accurately sized body would be better.

Yeah if you look at Banners body you can see its a hybrid. I'm going to have to buy a complete Banner set (body will be used for Michael Myers) so I'm looking for a body to replace the original Banner body with so that I can pose him with the Avengers 2 Hulk.

The Han Solo body is apparently basically the same thing.

Banner body is indeed a hybrid.

Got a TTM19 chest with what look to be TTM21 arms and thicker legs.

You could probably get a ttm19 with thigh enhancers, but it wont have the double jointed elbow.

Within the past few months, likely in another thread, a small discussion came up about no-brand SLIM bodies (anything similar to TTM-22) and the following auction was brought up as an example:

1 6 Scale Action Figure Male Muscular Naked Body Version 2 0 Toys Model | eBay

I ordered three of those bodies and I can say with 100% confidence they are definitely NOT Slims. They're a hair shorter than a TTM-18-style "Narrow Shoulder" and have shorter calves, but MUCH bigger arse and mid-section. The silhouette may be similar to the Slim TTM-22 because it's relatively "straight" instead of muscular looking, but the whole thing is just gigantic compared to a real TTM-22/Slim. The skin is also the non-natural light taupe that honestly doesn't match any skin tone I've ver seen on any person of any ethnicity. They'll have to be covered neck to toe and the hands replaced or repainted - I still have no idea what I'll do with them as I'm sure I don't have any pants that will go over the giant ass.

Now back to looking for a true slim as I need a few of them... (So far I've only found one $40 listing on eBay that looks the part).

Within the past few months, likely in another thread, a small discussion came up about no-brand SLIM bodies (anything similar to TTM-22) and the following auction was brought up as an example:

1 6 Scale Action Figure Male Muscular Naked Body Version 2 0 Toys Model | eBay

I ordered three of those bodies and I can say with 100% confidence they are definitely NOT Slims. They're a hair shorter than a TTM-18-style "Narrow Shoulder" and have shorter calves, but MUCH bigger arse and mid-section. The silhouette may be similar to the Slim TTM-22 because it's relatively "straight" instead of muscular looking, but the whole thing is just gigantic compared to a real TTM-22/Slim. The skin is also the non-natural light taupe that honestly doesn't match any skin tone I've ver seen on any person of any ethnicity. They'll have to be covered neck to toe and the hands replaced or repainted - I still have no idea what I'll do with them as I'm sure I don't have any pants that will go over the giant ass.

Now back to looking for a true slim as I need a few of them... (So far I've only found one $40 listing on eBay that looks the part).

I ordered a DAM body from Monkey Depot this week just to see the quality, and it's pretty slender. Not uber skinny, but although it has wiry muscles(And roid rage thighs, lol), it's pretty small and the arms are skinny. I know it's not TTM22 small, but i can take some comparison images if you like.

Edit...
Here are pics.

0F3BED0F-02AF-4C02-AF1A-C4ABE99C1468.jpg

D6B15C78-178A-41AB-AD4A-9D43E8727197.jpg

Also, if you need something really skinny, i have found that the RAH bodies are pretty slender.

297E40EB-1408-47EE-8799-9DC3D1BDB122.jpg

Last edited:
If you could get a photo of that DAM body next to a TTM22 that would be really helpful. I'm not sure the thighs will work for every figure I want a slim/smaller body for but it might for at least one or two.

Back