Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series

I got some of the newer knock off True Types from eBay, and the joints are alot tighter then the previous versions I bought. I don't think I'll ever buy a HT TT again

Can I have a link to that?

Nothing on Sideshow about this today. Maybe next week. Still, the $25 TTs have served me well hopefully this is priced to compete.

Also, I kinda wish they had "generic" heads like others in the past had.

Nothing on Sideshow about this today. Maybe next week. Still, the $25 TTs have served me well hopefully this is priced to compete.

Also, I kinda wish they had "generic" heads like others in the past had.

Not a big fan of the knockoffs myself, but for the price they do the job a guess. I agree on including the heads though, I always liked there truetype heads for the most part, I was hoping to get a generic arnold head with the new body:( However just happy to see some tt's on the way:)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901995&ref=home_new#HotToysItem

$59.99 plus shipping from Sideshow for the Arnold body. :( Greedy bastards.
images

I haven't bought a truetype release in some time. $59.99 is bad?

It's certainly more expensive than the last round, but considering that DX10 bodies parted out sell out within minutes at the part-out stores for a much higher price, I don't think greed has much to do with it.

HT has only done what customers have been asking for for the last 2-3 years. I've read numerous requests for a re-release of the the Slim, Advanced and Arnold body, and this is exactly what HT has done, and now people want to complain because it's too expensive.

People will always complain, yet I can guaran-damn-tee these bodies will be sold out by this time next year, and the "It's time for more True Types" thread will continue to be bumped.

It's certainly more expensive than the last round, but considering that DX10 bodies parted out sell out within minutes at the part-out stores for a much higher price, I don't think greed has much to do with it.

HT has only done what customers have been asking for for the last 2-3 years. I've read numerous requests for a re-release of the the Slim, Advanced and Arnold body, and this is exactly what HT has done, and now people want to complain because it's too expensive.

People will always complain, yet I can guaran-damn-tee these bodies will be sold out by this time next year, and the "It's time for more True Types" thread will continue to be bumped.

Right.... greed has nothing to do with it. They couldn't have made insane amounts of money at $50 shipped, you're right. :lol

Last edited:

Sweet.

The higher the price the less the demand which will likely mean they go to the gift card list.

Just a matter of 'when' and not 'if' for me.

Well all my excitement is gone. ____ Hot Toys.

I'm trying to fix this issue .Look at this 2 figures .One is ipman and other one is DX4 bruce lee.I used customize TTM figure on ipman head sculpt and its end up like that .The height does not match DX figure.If TTM22 slim is used on this , will it has the same result .Anyone has ever configure TTM18 onto head sculpt, what is the height?

https://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q547/shawnpang/002-1_zps3f58dddb.jpg

The reason the prices are so high for parted-out bodies is because the only way to get these items is to wait for someone to part them out. You have a group of people chomping at the bit to get it.
I don't blame HT for the high price, but you can't blame people for complaining. This isn't someone parting bodies out. This is the manufacturer producing product which would be produced anyway. People need to learn not to buy if they feel they are being taken advantage of. I won't buy them at those prices, but others will. If I can find these at a price I feel is worth it, then I will buy. For now other companies are producing comparable bodies that I'm happy with without having to go to HT.

Knew these would be higher. The T-800 body is a good deal, but the others aren't. But I figured they'd be that much.

Back