Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has been brought up before but what would be the best kind of body to use for the following sculpts...

- bbkill Sean Connery James Bond
- Momtoys Godfather Vito Corleone
- Cult King Young Capo
- CIAN Hitman Agent 47

Thanks!

Can anyone help me out here? Need to order some bodies quick! I'm thinking muscular bodies for Connery Bond and agent 47. The rest I have no clue about.

A somewhat muscular body for Connery would be appropriate for his naked physique/shape, but isn't necessarily going to work at 1/6 scale. Firstly because fabric thickness isn't scaled and therefore is always going to add bulk and also because you'll have a hard time finding suits to fit. TTM21 Regular is about as big as you'd want to go - and a lot of suits won't fit that body either. Otherwise, a Narrow Shoulder type can work as it has smaller arms.

Thanks so much for the response! I see. Is that an older body Hot Toys released? Do the other TT bodies have bigger shoulders you mean? Do you happen to know about what type of bodies to use for the Godfather figures as well?

The take-away is that if the figure is going to wear a suit or ready-made clothing, you're probably going to need a body smaller than you would expect. I can't make recommendations for the other bodies, but I have my Connery with a Toys City tuxedo on a Narrow Shoulder style (the most common body type you'll find on eBay)

Are you referring to one that comes with the head sculpt? Too bad finding stuff for muscle bodies has to be so difficult. Would you happen to know anything about figure bodies that are shorter than 12 inches?

The narrow shoulder bodies don't come with head sculpts. They're all knock-offs of older Hot Toys bodies. Hot Toys doesn't have basic/naked bodies available at the moment, their last releases were TTM20 (Muscular), TTM21 (Regular) and TTM22 Slim). Slim-style bodies are shorter and you can find some alternatives on eBay as well.

That was a good suggestion! Unfortunately that would mean I will have to purchase it as a loose body.

No, paying $99 for a base body is crazy talk. No Hot Toys body is worth that. $50 retail is a stretch already.

Here: 1/6 narrow shoulder | eBay

Thanks! Are these bodies on eBay any different then a Hot Toys body really? The $15 range is a very good price isn't it?

What kind of a brand name is 'Very Hot Toys' really!? And how come some of them are unbranded?

They're all unbranded. The basics are the same or similar, the fit and finish is not the same. Usually the plastics aren't quite as nice. However, Hot Toys have also started to use some lesser bodies, for example on the Batman Armory release - those are not the same quality as the TTM20-22 releases.

They're all unbranded. The basics are the same or similar, the fit and finish is not the same. Usually the plastics aren't quite as nice. However, Hot Toys have also started to use some lesser bodies, for example on the Batman Armory release - those are not the same quality as the TTM20-22 releases.

OK. Do you happen to know also if these knock offs typically comes with some sort of factory packaging? Or do they usually come with just plastic wrapped around them perhaps?

Anyone know what the best alternative for a TTM22 is? I need one, or something very similar, for a Spock custom. Unfortunately the cheapest I can find on eBay is $79.

TTM22 stock is short for Spock, but the build is good. There are other thin/slight bodies out there. I want to say that some are from ZCWO/ZC Toys police figures, Gregory in particular. Also their Chaplin and maybe others.

There are also a lot of Kumik bodies on eBay right now that should work. Here's a TTM22-style knock-off - it's $40, which IMO, is kind of pricy, esp. since it lacks hands.

Custom Design 1 6 Nude Male Advanced Slim Body Fits to Hot Toys TTM22 TTM18 | eBay

Last edited:
Does anybody know how to fix a hairline crack on teh ankle of a truetype? The barbell joint seems somewhat loose and superglue doesnt seem to seal the crack.

Back