Hot Toys - Toy Soul 2014: Dec 19-21 - New Figures to be Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a lot else they can do with him I guess? Apart from the change of pants..., is his facial expression the same too?

The Hulk looks ALOT different in AOU. The skin tone is more of an olive green, and he has a more prominent brow...
LBZDAdZ.jpg

I'm not expecting a new body or anything... but surely a new headsculpt isn't too much to ask?

The Hulk looks ALOT different in AOU. The skin tone is more of an olive green, and he has a more prominent brow...
LBZDAdZ.jpg

I'm not expecting a new body or anything... but surely a new headsculpt isn't too much to ask?

I hadn't really noticed to be honest, thanks for the info. :)

still think every sculpt is a place holder. When we first saw stealth suit Cap, they used the Avengers head. Probably only had the costumes ready to go.

Thanos is the only new sculpt

Every sculpt is a placeholder right now. Hulk, Thor, Blackwidow and maybe even Cap. I don't expect them to have all the figures fully completed this early. At least they got all the outfits finished.

Every sculpt is a placeholder right now. Hulk, Thor, Blackwidow and maybe even Cap. I don't expect them to have all the figures fully completed this early. At least they got all the outfits finished.

I was actually thinking it'd be pretty bizarre if they had the ENTIRE roster completed by this time. The Thor, Hulk, and Hawkeye are DEFINITELY placeholders. Widow? not so much imho.

Why are they placeholders? Hot Toys has been known to reuse their previous sculpts with their "newly painted" gimmick.

What if the headsculpts shown are indeed the ones you get. I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility. Look how many times we've seen that Iron Man 3 Tony Stark face. Look at Bruce Wayne, Batman, BR Joker, Gordon, Dark World Thor, Reeve Superman etc.

Last edited:
Why are they placeholders? Hot Toys has been known to reuse their previous sculpts with their "newly painted" gimmick.

What if the headsculpts shown are indeed the ones you get. I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility. Look how many times we've seen that Iron Man 3 Tony Stark face. Look at Bruce Wayne, Batman, BR Joker, Gordon, Dark World Thor, Reeve Superman etc.

Would it be so bad if they re-used head sculpts (the decent ones anyway)? The BW and Thor ones are really good - I doubt they'll improve them (just look at what happened with Loki). The Hawkeye one could use some improvement but the rest, if it aint broke - don't fix it...

I've got to agree. I think they pretty much perfected Thor with the TDW version, and Cap, to boot. When you've got two great sculpts already, it would suck if you made new ones that weren't that great (like Loki); particularly for figures that otherwise have some of the best designs I've seen (Cap, IM, and Thor are probably my favorite looks thus far). I think Hulk definitely needs some work, though. I never realized how oddly shaped his head was until now, and I don't think it'd hurt if they tried again with Widow and Hawkeye (particularly since they've only ever attempted the latter once). The one thing I really think they should do, though, is change the Stark head on the MK XLIII. When less than a week after it goes up for PO with the same IM3 head, you see a "newly developed" superior Stark head that's literally already being released, it seems kind of lazy. It can't be that difficult to mod the head for a helmet (they did it with the MK XLII, and a bajillion others).

This line is already stressing me out. Idk what to do with the figures I already have of some of these characters.. I just want a nice Avengers display! I already know I'm gonna be preordering the whole line.. And you can't just get the main Avengers... You gotta get Ultron too. I need to make space for all of this. :panic:

There's a part of me that hopes this movie sucks, because I really love these designs, and I don't want to add "Age of Ultron" figures to my already huge backlog of "things I need to pick up before I die."

I've got to agree. I think they pretty much perfected Thor with the TDW version, and Cap, to boot. When you've got two great sculpts already, it would suck if you made new ones that weren't that great (like Loki); particularly for figures that otherwise have some of the best designs I've seen (Cap, IM, and Thor are probably my favorite looks thus far). I think Hulk definitely needs some work, though. I never realized how oddly shaped his head was until now, and I don't think it'd hurt if they tried again with Widow and Hawkeye (particularly since they've only ever attempted the latter once). The one thing I really think they should do, though, is change the Stark head on the MK XLIII. When less than a week after it goes up for PO with the same IM3 head, you see a "newly developed" superior Stark head that's literally already being released, it seems kind of lazy. It can't be that difficult to mod the head for a helmet (they did it with the MK XLII, and a bajillion others).

Very much agree..don't fix something that ain't broke, unless of course they're positive it'll look even better. I'd hate for them to screw up Thor or Cap at this point in time, as I plan to get the trio to complete my definite Avengers lineup.

Any pictures where you can see the difference between Thanos and a regular 1/6 figure? BTW, would he fit (with his throne) in a regular Detolf?

I'm really surprised that there are 0 GotG on display.

Back