Hot Toys - Toy Soul 2014: Dec 19-21 - New Figures to be Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed Guardians however, I found the villian's the weakest part of the film. Thanos is a no brainer because of the character but Ronan and Nebula meh....from my perspective of course......

I wonder if this is just going to be Marvel reveals or will HT be showcasing some of their other licenses as well. I'm hoping to see more new Star Wars reveals (Luke and Leia at least) and Superman v. Batman (doubtful since a full trailer hasn't been shown).

I wonder if this is just going to be Marvel reveals or will HT be showcasing some of their other licenses as well. I'm hoping to see more new Star Wars reveals (Luke and Leia at least) and Superman v. Batman (doubtful since a full trailer hasn't been shown).
They also showed off Vader and Obi Wan.

There's no way we won't see Ultron, he's surely going to turn up..., I can't imagine them leaving him out anyway.

They also showed off Vader and Obi Wan.

Those were already sneaked a week or so ago. I'm curious about all new figs. But if that's all the new stuff that's enough to hold us over. Clearly they have been working on AoU for months. Anyway only 7 more months until ComicCon.

Marvel wouldn't want to reveal the later states of Ultron in detailed toy figures when the movie trailer only shows glimpses...would they?

What does it matter now? The film is done, The Avengers are all shown in toy form & highly detailed too plus we've already seen Ultron..., I can't see what difference revealing a figure would make???

What does it matter now? The film is done, The Avengers are all shown in toy form & highly detailed too plus we've already seen Ultron..., I can't see what difference revealing a figure would make???

Well the films not done. So there's that.

And if it didn't matter they would release the photos and reveal things. But for marketing it matters. They try to build interest over time. Space out the info so there is no drop in interest. If it's all revealed at once then interest drops. The momentum that's built up dies.

Its Ultron dude
ultron3.gif

Actually why haven't we seen the Mk I at this show? The Mk 43 is there, and the Ultron Mk 1 comes with it? Kind of weird now that I think about it, or do I just not remember seeing it?

Actually why haven't we seen the Mk I at this show? The Mk 43 is there, and the Ultron Mk 1 comes with it? Kind of weird now that I think about it, or do I just not remember seeing it?

maybe they meant the mk1 thats with the 43 and not the full figure

For a regular film? yes.

For something like this that is as guaranteed to make money as it is? no.

They can't just act like it's going to make money and not market it. And if they did they could lose out on some sales.

There have been four or five big budget films that studios where sure would make tons. And didn't. And even if this does well, even great, it can be considered a failure if it doesn't break records. Look at ASM2...250million budget...made 700 millions...and it's considered a failure and they are talking reboot.

So just because you assume this will make money does not mean it doesn't need help. This steady build up and sustainment of interest and hype is what pushes a movie from into the top all time categories.

So despite what you said, yes, this movie still needs hype and marketing to make it as successful as the studios are hoping for.

They can't just act like it's going to make money and not market it. And if they did they could lose out on some sales.

There have been four or five big budget films that studios where sure would make tons. And didn't. And even if this does well, even great, it can be considered a failure if it doesn't break records. Look at ASM2...250million budget...made 700 millions...and it's considered a failure and they are talking reboot.

So just because you assume this will make money does not mean it doesn't need help. This steady build up and sustainment of interest and hype is what pushes a movie from into the top all time categories.

So despite what you said, yes, this movie still needs hype and marketing to make it as successful as the studios are hoping for.

That's a very generic statement there. Based on what? Ticket sales? Rotten tomatoes %? IMDB Rank? Meta Critic?

For me I could give a damn how much a movie makes to measure success. Just because people get caught up in hype and run like sheep to the theater to rip off a ticket stub does not qualify all time status. Its true the hype you are speaking about gets asses in the seats the first two weeks a movie is out, but hype does not have anything to do with the quality of a movie to be measured as an all time great.

All you need to take away from below is there are two bayformers on that list.
Anyone want to debate these all time dollar generators? Half that list I wouldn't wipe my butt with if it was toilet paper.:lol

Last edited:
I say if we haven't seen ultron yet then we probably won't. Maybe Hot Toys wants to debut it themselves like on Facebook or something. Give people some great tidbits like THanos and HB, but keep Ultron in the back pocket until it gets closer to the movie.

Back