Hot Toys - Toy Soul 2014: Dec 19-21 - New Figures to be Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avengers is too important to just phone it in. If HT dream team of sculptors isn't working on Avengers Ultron, then what the hell are they working on? This is their flagship license, it deserves their best work. Just look at Hulk Buster, you know this has their full attention. The fact that they're already showing stuff before 2015 is pretty surprising. Clothing and Mechanical Armors can be churned out quickly. You don't have to worry about the 'likeness' of mechanical parts. But head sculpts of human faces take time to produce. Its trial and error and it can't be rushed just for some random Expo. They used the old sculpts cause they wanted everything to look perfect for the big debut and they were not gonna put out headless figures or unpainted heads. Also you're all forgetting that the characters in this movie will have different appearances than they did in the first movie. Hair style, beards, battle damage, expressions. Old sculpts might not even match. I know Cap's hair is totally different- because I hate it. :monkey3

There's a part of me that hopes this movie sucks, because I really love these designs, and I don't want to add "Age of Ultron" figures to my already huge backlog of "things I need to pick up before I die."

Yeah IM3 sucked, good thing HT pulled the plug on that line before wasting money on throw away characters with almost no screen time, that only a small percentage of fans would even recognize. That would've been a disaster for them, the whole company might've gone under :rotfl

Mk45
44b1146e642392dfece7a85e244d55fa.jpg

Looks amazing if it's real... I see it says MK45 on the upper right of the chest, but where did this image come from?

Avengers is too important to just phone it in. If HT dream team of sculptors isn't working on Avengers Ultron, then what the hell are they working on? This is their flagship license, it deserves their best work. Just look at Hulk Buster, you know this has their full attention. The fact that they're already showing stuff before 2015 is pretty surprising. Clothing and Mechanical Armors can be churned out quickly. You don't have to worry about the 'likeness' of mechanical parts. But head sculpts of human faces take time to produce. Its trial and error and it can't be rushed just for some random Expo. They used the old sculpts cause they wanted everything to look perfect for the big debut and they were not gonna put out headless figures or unpainted heads. Also you're all forgetting that the characters in this movie will have different appearances than they did in the first movie. Hair style, beards, battle damage, expressions. Old sculpts might not even match. I know Cap's hair is totally different- because I hate it. :monkey3

Yeah IM3 sucked, good thing HT pulled the plug on that line before wasting money on throw away characters with almost no screen time, that only a small percentage of fans would even recognize. That would've been a disaster for them, the whole company might've gone under :rotfl

Oh, they'll sell regardless, but, if I have no attachment to them, then I won't want them.:lol

what's wrong with it? more competitors in the market can only benefits users.
we should learn to appreicate it.

oh yeah I wasnt complaining, I just thought it was hot toys and I was slapping myself for being wrong :lol
They look good but 1/9 scale isnt really appealing to me and like you said its at least some competition

Just catching up to everything now. I don't even know what to say, but I'll try. :)
Hulkbuster looks amazing and as long as it's not like $800+, I will do my best to swing it.

Thanos....I think they did a great job capturing his likeness, and it's great that he has his throne, but it's a pass for me, as I figured out earlier. He's not Thanos without the gauntlet.

Cap really does look amazing. I really love that suit. I think it looks way better than the stealth and fresher and cleaner than first avenger. This may be an aftermarket purchase for me down the road.

Widow and Hawkeye both look pretty damn good. Never had a real interest in either figure but these are probably the best incarnations of each.

Hulk not sure I like the brighter green color, and still not a fan of the head sculpt, but Hulkbuster does need a Hulk to bust.....

Now we wait and twiddle our thumbs for Ultron.

While Marvel selections look great, I am only interested in Cap and Thanos at this time. I am assuming many have "place holder" head sculpts so I may be tempted to upgrade Hawkeye if the sculpt is different. If not, I'll keep Avengers version.

I was really hoping to see a Ronan, don't get me wrong that Thanos is unbelievable but its an odd choice to make him over Ronan for the GotG line.

Back