Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with it plugging it into the chest is that the rest of the costume needs to be aligned perfectly before its punched with the star onto the body. So yeah the star will be straight, but that doesn't guarantee it lines up correctly with the fabric/seams/stripes.

I managed to get it off in one piece, seriously the arms on this thing!
HT stuffed the gap between the shoulder and arm joint with a piece of foam, this sticks up making the whole area bumpy.

This is not me defending HT, but people love to say how all these spandex costume characters are so easy to make and that they should be really cheap. This is what happens if they are not handle correctly. I still argue that the tight fitting costumes like this and suits are the biggest challenge to get through production. If they are not handled just right, they will look like crap.

This is not me defending HT, but people love to say how all these spandex costume characters are so easy to make and that they should be really cheap. This is what happens if they are not handle correctly. I still argue that the tight fitting costumes like this and suits are the biggest challenge to get through production. If they are not handled just right, they will look like crap.

very good point to be fair, that's why I am glad that the new cap appears to be back to the more loose/bulkier suit like tfa, hope we get a Chris Evans headsculpt perfectly done

Completely agree, they did a fantastic job with Reeve Superman though, surprised they have taken such a step back here.

Completely agree, they did a fantastic job with Reeve Superman though, surprised they have taken such a step back here.

The thing about the Supes suit is its not as complex as this one. Its two part chest and sleeves. This one has a few more pieces that have to line up. Better example is the red and blue Spiderman. He also has a web cover that breaks it up and the seams are not running along the front, but more off the the side. I think this is more of a challenge to make then people might think.

Is there a remote chance that HT did this to emulate what might have been a "homemade" superhero suit in the 40's? Lumpy and poorly stitched. Probably not, but I really want to like this figure.

Meanwhile, someone at HT is reading this and thinking "Yeah, THAT's it!" ;)

:thud: Why the ridiculous increase in price at BBTS.

I think because in the US the official distributor of the exclusives from the SDCC is sideshow and only sideshow. So as all the 3 are exclusive figures, I think BBTS bought them from sideshow at $215 or from an asian retailer and that's why the higher price..

BBTS has him up for preorder at $299.... are you kidding me????

No way....... :horror

Seriously? :slap Wouldn't think BBTS would have him priced at that. Maybe a typo if not they're on something. :cuckoo: People want this than buy it at SS for $214.99. :dunno

Has this been answered yet----> Why this figure is only one of the four that doesn't qualify for FLAT RATE SHIPPING?

I just asked over LIVE CHAT and this is the answer i got which seems bogus to me

"Sideshow Elisse: Hot Toys usually provides us with a list of what items qualify for thir promotion but we never have a reason behind their promotion"

Never knew HT dictated how SS charges for delivery.

Has this been answered yet----> Why this figure is only one of the four that doesn't qualify for FLAT RATE SHIPPING?

I just asked over LIVE CHAT and this is the answer i got which seems bogus to me

"Sideshow Elisse: Hot Toys usually provides us with a list of what items qualify for thir promotion but we never have a reason behind their promotion"

Never knew HT dictated how SS charges for delivery.

sideshow is just the distributor

I spent a few hours modding the body. I took off the suit, recut the seams inside to make them finer and put the whole thing onto a rubber neck/chest HT muscle body (The Indy one). I had to cut the rubber neck off and swap TT parts, but I got it to work, it's actually in scale now to the head and looks 75% better. The stock Cap body is a cheap miss mash of Indy muscle arms some other TT body and legs.
Rather than using a smooth body underneath they tried to cover the body composed body with foam and a body suit, which made him look like frankenstein. Post some pics later, I would imagine anyone who gets this will want to do this..

Back