Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rorywan how hard is it to take the spandex off?

Not too tricky. The stars on the front and back are attached to the body, actually so tight that the sharp corners snag the fabric straight out of the box. If you wedge a thin tool behind the star and inner white suit you can pop them off and then it's reasonably simple. I covered the sharp corners on the stars before doing anything, this is very fine fabric which will snag easily.

Well worth it though to get the smooth (realistic looking) body and the correct slope on the shoulders.. even the sculpted neck piece fits properly now..
I will take some proepr pics later.

Here's a WIP pic of mine, much improved with new body.. (i've done quite a bit more to the torso since this pic, added a very fine layer of foam over the abs).

IMG_2669_zps1ceb69c7.jpg
IMG_2670_zps3eff22ae.jpg

very nice rory!!!! so this one along with catwoman require some tweaking. looks like HT is having some problems with design in a rush to release what appears to be an overloaded schedule.

george-takei-oh-myyy_design.png

This figure looks poorly executed in so many ways, which is a real pity :( From the design; no smiling sculpt or finger salute - to the production; mis-mash body, stitching and fat suit.

The fact that Hot Toys are usually on point and really consider craftsmanship, quality and fine details, makes this particular release stand out from the pack. This figure is also sooooo overpriced.

I do think this version of Captain AMerica makes a fantastic exclusive, so kudos to HT for producing it. I just think it's fallen short of everything it could of been.

This figure looks poorly executed in so many ways, which is a real pity :( From the design; no smiling sculpt or finger salute - to the production; mis-mash body, stitching and fat suit.

The fact that Hot Toys are usually on point and really consider craftsmanship, quality and fine details, makes this particular release stand out from the pack. This figure is also sooooo overpriced.

I do think this version of Captain AMerica makes a fantastic exclusive, so kudos to HT for producing it. I just think it's fallen short of everything it could of been.

a prim example of why an accessory pack or 'add on' with the different accessories not included in previous releases makes more sense than producing an entirely different figure. i'd pay $100 for the new extras, maybe even $125. wouldn't you? they're just selling us a body and sculpt we don't need.

I thought the same thing- for a HT product it looks "cheap" and I don't mean cause he's wearing spandex..execution looks half A****...I think some of the suit details look sloppy.....the sculpt looks soft...to me. Lack of accessories and generic hands...well not good.

And that's what we get for $200?! A new shirt and a bunch of spare parts. Almost makes me want to cancel but I have the rest of them. Fortunately I had enough points to get it almost free. Good thing by the looks.

@Rorywan - If I read the above correctly, you said you changed the body entirely? If so, what body did you use? Might as well start looking for one now... I'll look forward to the rest of your pics. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Gotta thank the reviews on this figure . I was so stoked to get this since seeing it last year but the price and the final product pics really ruin it .This will not be ordered. Thanks for saving me the money. Really disappointing too as I looked forward to this for so long. Cheap foam shoulder and waist fixes to minimize shortcomings. Sad. :(

Kinda looks like a real person in this pic. Nice :D
the fig is nice displayed but , the body is quite bad , :lol

That is just what I thought. Cant wait to get mine. :panic:
This is still ok for the price to have the spangled version of cap , but got to agree this could have come with smiley face and the finger pointing hand .:lol. I was going to swap the body but thought better leave original , it's not really a figure u going to put in many poses the suit is too fragile and snags very easily .

Excellent figure. Just one I don't need in my collection. I think part of it the price increases are finally catching up for me.

Excellent figure. Just one I don't need in my collection. I think part of it the price increases are finally catching up for me.
I only picked up this cause was under 200US$ it was a bargain :lol on display the colour is very eye catching too . I was surprised how much I liked it after I saw pics on the Internet . Didn't really like what I saw. Also when I got mines the suit was quiet well sewn, not like the pics i seen floating about :horror

The figure looked good for me at first but my mind has changed think i'll just cancel it.. :monkey1 Want some other things anyways.

Back