Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent a few hours modding the body. I took off the suit, recut the seams inside to make them finer and put the whole thing onto a rubber neck/chest HT muscle body (The Indy one). I had to cut the rubber neck off and swap TT parts, but I got it to work, it's actually in scale now to the head and looks 75% better. The stock Cap body is a cheap miss mash of Indy muscle arms some other TT body and legs.
Rather than using a smooth body underneath they tried to cover the body composed body with foam and a body suit, which made him look like frankenstein. Post some pics later, I would imagine anyone who gets this will want to do this..

I would suggest using other bodies than TTM 19...

I spent a few hours modding the body. I took off the suit, recut the seams inside to make them finer and put the whole thing onto a rubber neck/chest HT muscle body (The Indy one). I had to cut the rubber neck off and swap TT parts, but I got it to work, it's actually in scale now to the head and looks 75% better. The stock Cap body is a cheap miss mash of Indy muscle arms some other TT body and legs.
Rather than using a smooth body underneath they tried to cover the body composed body with foam and a body suit, which made him look like frankenstein. Post some pics later, I would imagine anyone who gets this will want to do this..
I want a figure of this character in this suit, but not sure it's worth the cost of the figure, PLUS a TTM-19 on top of it.

I want a figure of this character in this suit, but not sure it's worth the cost of the figure, PLUS a TTM-19 on top of it.

Couldn't agree more. And add to that the amount of work it takes to actually switch it over. I had a spare one lying around for ages so I didn't mind chopping it up. I think that's what the proto uses, but it wouldn't work for the production model because of the neck, so they fudged that mostrosity together. So apart from the extra cost, the hassle and the fact that you shouldn't have to do this to. $200 figure...it looks great.

I don't mind the flaws too much :dance

This figure is only a gap filler for me :lol

pictures? .

Why are they charging an extra $84 more than Sideshow?:cuckoo:
It's not even sold out at SSC,it doesn't make sense.:cuckoo:
:dunno

Since it's an exclusive, BBTS has to buy it retail, then re-sell it. Similar to how they get thier other con exclusives. Buying from BBTS for this guy only makes sense if u live somewhere that Sideshow won't ship to and don't want to bother with eBay.

Some pics on the spangled man displayed
picture.php
picture.php

I dunno what to do with this figure, I love cap but just not sure that its the best it could be

Yes, covering the shoulders with the straps helps.
This is the stock body. Imagine this under thin Lycra and you will understand the sloppyness with the body.. the foam around the belly? the bits of foam sticking out of the shoulder joints:slap

IMG_2662_zpsf4d6a9d3.jpg
photo_zps2a94da5f.jpg

Back