1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a seemingly nice idea about adding a small "shelf" on a shelf for figures behind front row. now they are slightly elevated and better seen.

001_zpsagm2rosc.jpg~original

002_zpsg0oeead7.jpg~original

003_zpsx3vs2voi.jpg~original

004_zpshxrc1ylq.jpg~original

005_zps5gbzbxup.jpg~original

006_zpsgnodymiu.jpg~original

making photos in a glass cabinet is impossible. purchased a photo box.

a biker terminator is still in the box, as i didn't finish the bike.

pants & boots on two figures aren't replaced as i'm lazy. they await in the box, too.

thanks to Hot Toys team love for terminators, the collection went way forward from what it was.

01_t1_naked.jpg~original

01_t1_technoir_toy.jpg~original

02_t1_policedept_toy_1.jpg~original

03_t1_fromtheflames_toy.jpg~original

You know, I'm starting to suspect that just maybe you might be a casual fan of the Terminator films...

You know, I'm starting to suspect that just maybe you might be a casual fan of the Terminator films...
Casual-Fan
Casual-Fans are fans who aren't particularly into their fandom. They enjoy it, know some trivia, see some movies, have some stuff. Casual-Fans are more laid back.
Note: It is possible to be a Casual-Fan in one area, and a Proper-Fan in another. Or a Casual-Fan and a Psuedo-Fan, etc, etc.
Beth is a Casual-Fan of Star Wars, but a Proper-Fan of Star Trek. Things Star Wars Proper-Fans get annoyed about don't bother Beth, at least not enough to whine about.
i'm not sure what you meant o_O

Last edited:
Sorry, just being sarcastic. That's one amazing collection :eek
oh. sorry. i have to google some phrases that are not used often, and even then i sometimes don't understand the idea correctly :)
thanks for your words. i put a lot time into that collection. the second shelf is in DX13 thread :)
I'm pretty sure it was tongue-in-cheek. :rotfl
i had to google that as well :)

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone have a problem with their endo eye staying lit after you hit the light button in either of the head sculpt that come with this guy? I know it's only supposed to stay on for a few seconds before it turns off automaticially, but yesterday I swapped heads to change the look and noticed that both head sculpts' endo eyes lights turn off immediately after I hit the button. Bascially they just blink-on, then immediately go out. It doesn't seem to be a battery issue because the lights both look bright when you hit the button, and even with my older DX-13 the battery is getting low but the light is just dim and doesn't immediately turn itself off like on this guy. Ive had this thing for almost a year and only lit the eyes up when I first got it. So it'd seem weird the batteries were dead already when my older, original DX-13's still work.

Unfortunately, I don't have a screwdriver small enough to open the battery compartment or extra batteries to test with. Just wondering if anyone else had or knew of this problem.

Thanks guys for any insight or info!

Yep, some of my headsculpts have this issue but I haven't done anything about it. This is more a ''you're not alone'' response than anything else....

Hmmm... interesting. Thanks for the response. Have you tried replacing the batteries on yours or do you think it is some kind of malfunction with the light-up feature?

I got mine on Tuesday and the lights on the base went out in less than 2 days and changing the batteries doesn't fix the problem. I literally used the lights for like 5 minutes total over those 2 days. I'm also having issues with the endo eye on both sculpts. Again they were working fine for the first couple of days, but now sometimes they turn on really bright for the 30 seconds like they're supposed to, and other times they are really dim and flickering. Good to hear I'm not alone with the trouble with the light up eyes. Having said that this is my first Hot Toys figure as I am usually a PF collector, but I am blown away by the details on this thing.

21440100863_5bf588a27a_b.jpg

22035063046_86a7fa15fc_b.jpg

21873337708_41f8da5295_b.jpg

21873349478_5a6b2a0e49_b.jpg

I got mine on Tuesday and the lights on the base went out in less than 2 days and changing the batteries doesn't fix the problem. I literally used the lights for like 5 minutes total over those 2 days. I'm also having issues with the endo eye on both sculpts. Again they were working fine for the first couple of days, but now sometimes they turn on really bright for the 30 seconds like they're supposed to, and other times they are really dim and flickering. Good to hear I'm not alone with the trouble with the light up eyes. Having said that this is my first Hot Toys figure as I am usually a PF collector, but I am blown away by the details on this thing.

Great pics and congrats on your first Hot Toy. It is an amazing piece. I'm tempted to get another one to display in both modes.

Where did you buy your T-800 from? Are you thinking of getting replacements for the base and the heads? I would if I were you.

I'm going to reach out to Sideshow and see what they have to say about the endo eye issue. It's been about a year now since I got mine from them, so I doubt they'll help me, but if it's a common problem, who knows.

Great pics and congrats on your first Hot Toy. It is an amazing piece. I'm tempted to get another one to display in both modes.

Where did you buy your T-800 from? Are you thinking of getting replacements for the base and the heads? I would if I were you.

I'm going to reach out to Sideshow and see what they have to say about the endo eye issue. It's been about a year now since I got mine from them, so I doubt they'll help me, but if it's a common problem, who knows.

Thanks.

I ordered directly from Sideshow. I contacted them yesterday about the base but didn't hear back yet. I'm sure they'll tell me they don't have any replacements and probably just offer me a partial refund or credit. Which is fine because I doubt I'll use the base lights anyways. I have a feeling the eye issues are just old batteries and I'll just try some fresh sets and see what happens and go from there and contact Sideshow again if I need to.

Is that all you did? No custom work to the clean HS or anything like that? Damn, man, he's never looked better. Kudos. :duff

Pretty much. Plus a tiny bit of oil free/alcohol free hair gel that makes his head look sweaty in low light. Keeping the important parts that were sweating in the film while other small sections remained matt. Add a little water and it is gone with no damage. Same stuff I used on Sarah Connor.

Then one minor part. The neck socket isn't attached to the ball joint. Filling it with straight pieces of cardboard around the neck piece kept it tight while it sits properly proportioned.

That is all that is really wrong with the figure. Core/shoulders lacks beef to prop up the jacket so the bottom of the jacket doesn't line up with the t-shirt. Head sits too low and the thighs aren't thick enough.

Plus the jacket could have done with some wire. I had to install copper wire around the waist and up through the lapels inside the lining of the jacket to pull it in. Then thin wire inside the top lapel to keep it snug to the back of the headsculpt to keep it nice.

Thanks.

I ordered directly from Sideshow. I contacted them yesterday about the base but didn't hear back yet. I'm sure they'll tell me they don't have any replacements and probably just offer me a partial refund or credit. Which is fine because I doubt I'll use the base lights anyways. I have a feeling the eye issues are just old batteries and I'll just try some fresh sets and see what happens and go from there and contact Sideshow again if I need to.

Cool. Let me know when you swap out the batteries if that fixes the issue. I would try it myself but like I said before, I don't have any replacement batteries or a screwdriver that small.

Anyone know what the best type of mini screwdriver would be to replace the batteries in the head and where to find the correct replacement batteries?

Great pics! I'm still too scared to try the zipper on my jacket.

I was actually able to find the same kind of batteries in an old laser pointer I had laying around and I put them in one of the heads and the lightup is now working great. The HT factory must have just used really cheap batteries.

The batteries are LR621. I found them on Amazon if you can't find them anywhere else.

As for the screwdriver try to find a jewler's screwdriver set that comes with a Phillips head. You can also get them on Amazon.

I never had a an issue with the led's but was very bummed with the timer. So last week I finally pulled the trigger and hard wired it (so to speak, will explain later) So I know it devalued the fig considerably but I can find head sculpts if I ever sell but I already sold this fig in the past and just couldnt live without Arnie in the collection so I plan on keeping it. And I planned on just hard wiring to the terminals but forgot that it would still go thru the timer so I had to pluck out the whole led and timer module but just so happens that the led I used was square and fit perfectly in its place. Now every time I turn on the lights for the detolf, Arnie is in full effect! Small detail but i think it was definitely worth it as opposed to pulling him out pushing the button and putting him back right away before it turns off. I normally display him with a blue light so the wire on the floor is not that visible unless your looking for it. Maybe later Ill route the wire under the floor but for now it doesnt bother me.

20151010_175708_resized.jpg

20151010_175654_resized.jpg

20151010_175744_resized.jpg

20151010_175825_resized.jpg

20151010_175715_resized.jpg
maybe later Ill hide the wire under the floor, but not really noticeable if your not looking for it.

Cool. Let me know when you swap out the batteries if that fixes the issue.
yes it does. i had same problem, tested the batteries, they were almost zero charged. replaced them and everything is ok.

Excellent. I remove the batteries from all my figs because I can't be bothered with the hassle of getting to the switches all the time. If only there was a microscopic gerbil running on a microscopic wheel in their feet to power the lights..

Back