1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the rubber "road" part is kinda glued as i recall. i remember that i took out all 8 screws and disassembled it completely, but i still had to put some force to take that rubber part off.

Did you exchange the dome?
I was merely talking about the material quality, not the dome in specific, you know?
Nevertheless interesting news...

i don't know what you mean and don't know how to explain what i mean :)
i dismatled the damn thing completely. just to see what i should remove. and then i removed the rubber part - and will use it separately. it was like 2 mm thick, and i glued the police floor to the plastic base under it.
i can make a photo of remaining rubber base later today :)

View attachment 148138View attachment 148139View attachment 148140
just got the tamshi effects fire it looks much better inhand. but very kool u can take parts of fire and mess around how it looks
excellent, i got 2 sets of those fire effects for "terminator burning on his knees" figure (to show both sides of BD headsculpt on different figures) and didn't know yet how they will look :)

i don't know what you mean and don't know how to explain what i mean :)
i dismatled the damn thing completely. just to see what i should remove. and then i removed the rubber part - and will use it separately. it was like 2 mm thick, and i glued the police floor to the plastic base under it.
i can make a photo of remaining rubber base later today :)

Language barrier, buddy.
Just post it. Always glad to see what you´re doing.
:hi5:

:lol
to do that i had to take it back apart :)
detail 1 is the hook that keeps the figure.
detail 2 is first 4 big screws that you can see.
detail 3 is second 4 smaller screws that you will see when you unscrew first 4 and take the bottom off.
detail 4 is a plastic plate base that is held by all 8 screws, but must be taken off from the top.
and finally detail 5 is a rubber thing that actually can be taken off and replaced. it is slightly glued in some corners to detail 4's surface.
on the second picture you can see that i glued pieces of floor on detail 4, thus replacing detail 5 (and having it intact and usable furthermore for other projects).
the numbers of details also are the order of your actions to dismantle the thing. then just do it backwards, just without detail 5 which you will replace with whatever you need actually.
arrows connect details with holes they came from.
that is what i believe the first person who made that base did and gave instructions.

stand01_zpspsoejvqf.jpg~original

stand02_zpsoqcwdfzk.jpg~original

Tried it really hard, with taking out the first 4 screws.
what you might not have done (from your post) is unscrew other 4 screws (detail 3). the upper layer (plastic detail 4 with detail 5 glued to it) is held by all 8 screws. then it either falls out or can be taken out with a sharp thing.

Last edited:
I only managed to lose the first 4 screws and then you have to turn it slightly to get access to the other 4, right?
It was really hard on mine.
I was afraid that I´m breaking something...

nope, you just have to open it as a box after that.

here is a base of a simpler design - it doesn't have second layer with second four screws, but it shows how you open the first main "box". i guess it doesn't even have first four screws, just four cylinders clicking into each other forever :)

and they say something about "breaking" it, which is not an issue with MMS238 base at all, because now they use screws. several people already did it - and i did it for the second time today just to make those photos :)

i don't want to open it again, but it's very simple. just loose the bottom, and you will see the insides.

(don't tear the wires)

Last edited:
nope, you just have to open it as a box after that.

here is a base of a simpler design - it doesn't have second layer with second four screws, but it shows how you open the first main "box".

and they say something about "breaking" it, which is not an issue with MMS238 base at all, as several people already did it - and i did it for the second time today just to make those photos :)

I try again in the next days, but he last time...I couldn´t grad anything and could not open it as a box.
Really. I unscrewed the 4 that were visible and that was it.
No more progress afterwards...

i don't know what the hell, i just opened another one with bare hands (after removing four screws of course) o_O
it just opens. either with your fingers or with a sharp thing as a lever put into one of the holes or into the gap between parts.

base_zpseik4lt9y.jpg~original

now you see its insides.
the part with batteries box is the "bottom" you have to take out.
the part with 4 visible screws in the middle of each side is the one you're interested in.

Just got mine last week. This figure is my favorite owned thus far. My base lights came flickering and one light doesn't even work. Funny how I see you guys taking it apart here, I'll have to read through and figure out how to fix it since its now on waitlist and can't replace the part.

Also the battle damaged headsculpt doesn't like to stay lit for very long either. It seems to only light up for about 5-8 seconds and shuts off if you lightly bump or move the head too much.

Picture I shopped earlier this week.
8zQSeSA.jpg

Just got mine last week. This figure is my favorite owned thus far. My base lights came flickering and one light doesn't even work. Funny how I see you guys taking it apart here, I'll have to read through and figure out how to fix it since its now on waitlist and can't replace the part.

Also the battle damaged headsculpt doesn't like to stay lit for very long either. It seems to only light up for about 5-8 seconds and shuts off if you lightly bump or move the head too much.

Picture I shopped earlier this week.
View attachment 223387

Very awesome pic, Agent B.

I had the same problem with mine recently with the light. I put some fresh batteries in, and now it's all good. I would give that a go, but maybe first check your battery terminals to make sure they are making proper contact.

Guess I'll wait for the inevitable Popcultcha holiday sale then.

Sweet pic, butterman. :duff

Hmmm, think he'll be on-sale there? I've never used them before, so I dunno. I could really use a second of this guy to display each look.

By the way, love the Layne Staley tribute. He's one of my favorite vocalists and AiC is one of my favorite bands ever!

Hmmm, think he'll be on-sale there? I've never used them before, so I dunno. I could really use a second of this guy to display each look.

By the way, love the Layne Staley tribute. He's one of my favorite vocalists and AiC is one of my favorite bands ever!

PC had a 20-percent off sale on in-stock items during Halloween. There was a glitch and I believe lots of people got 40-percent off. I'm hoping for a similar sale, maybe during Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

I've never shopped there, but it's a legit site and people swear by it. The only potential problem, other than the hassle associated with returns because it's halfway around the world, is customs charges.

Thanks for the kind words about Layne, brother. :duff

:)
PC had a 20-percent off sale on in-stock items during Halloween. There was a glitch and I believe lots of people got 40-percent off. I'm hoping for a similar sale, maybe during Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

I've never shopped there, but it's a legit site and people swear by it. The only potential problem, other than the hassle associated with returns because it's halfway around the world, is customs charges.

Thanks for the kind words about Layne, brother. :duff

Hey YF, no need to thank me. Thank YOU for the solid intel about PC. And also (sorry for the off-topic), I've been a huge AiC fan since '92, and you've put Layne and AiC on the brain; so I think tonite I'll watch the AiC MTV Unplugged DVD, which I love. So, so awesome... :hi5:

... and then, I'll watch Terminator. "Nice night for a walk, eh?".

And responded. I would take the figure aswell, the eye being rigged to stay lit up is something I didn't notice at first but is a pretty cool feature.

Back