1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure why alot of people seem to think the body is too small. Maybe the neck . But the rest is fine. He probably weighed no more than 230lbs while he made this movie. That was his peak bodybuilding weight. While thats big. Its not giant. Like let's say a 280 lbs Brock Lesnar size. The body is fine.

I'm too sexy for my shirt...

DSC_0237_zps6f3c3a70.jpg
Pic by Paramore***

I'm not sure why alot of people seem to think the body is too small. Maybe the neck . But the rest is fine. He probably weighed no more than 230lbs while he made this movie. That was his peak bodybuilding weight. While thats big. Its not giant. Like let's say a 280 lbs Brock Lesnar size. The body is fine.

I agree that the figure's body is fine, and although he probably weighed around 230, he was not in competition shape. I think Arnold was bigger than Brock Lesnar in his bodybuilding prime, in the early 70's. I mean, Lesnar is heavier, but not as muscular is what I mean.

I think the problem with the neck is that it's a DX13 sized head on a DX10 body. Remember when we started trying the DX13 head on the DX10 body and all the sudden, that thick neck seemed too thin?

Any way, a while ago I bought a replacement body for my DX10 because I accidentally made a small scrape on the end of the arm when removing a broken peg (it was a pretty OCD issue). I was going to sell off the old body at a lower price but I think I'm going to hang onto it to build another terminator. I'm going to use my DX10 grey shirt and all I'll need is the boots, coat, and pants. Then I'll have a decent "I'll be back" version and a full bd version from this figure. Good idea?

I think the problem with the neck is that it's a DX13 sized head on a DX10 body. Remember when we started trying the DX13 head on the DX10 body and all the sudden, that thick neck seemed too thin?

Any way, a while ago I bought a replacement body for my DX10 because I accidentally made a small scrape on the end of the arm when removing a broken peg (it was a pretty OCD issue). I was going to sell off the old body at a lower price but I think I'm going to hang onto it to build another terminator. I'm going to use my DX10 grey shirt and all I'll need is the boots, coat, and pants. Then I'll have a decent "I'll be back" version and a full bd version from this figure. Good idea?

Good OCD idea. Yes.

For my purposes, I do not want a clean Arnold Terminator. I want as mangled a version as I can get. I may have to ruin the jacket and pants even more to get that fresh-from-under-the-truck look.

I already have Tech Noir which is clean Arnold with surfer hair. That's enough clean.

T1 evolution: clean Tech Noir ------> mangled Police-shootout ------> exposed Endo

I'm am going on the assumption that this figure is using the DX10 body. I took my spare out to compare to OMG's pic and it looks like it is to me.

If this is true then the new head will work with a non-bloodied TTM20 body (for the purpose of my movie-poster kitbash) but it'll still look thin-of-neck.

Goddamn. The MMS chest would probably give people the bulk they want but unless I'm mistaken it would have the thinnest neck of all, if the new heads would even fit on it. That leaves only the DX13 body with an adequately thick neck and for obvious reasons it isn't an option.

No, I wasn't implying it was a joke, the whole comment went over my head. I think I get it now. "Good OCD idea" was in response to replacing the body, and "Yes" was for my idea of building another, correct? Feel free to make fun of my slowness today. :lol

You are slow, you are slow... Ha Ha.

OK, there. Done. :)

But seriously, why do so many people want the "I'll be back" clean Arnold? I understand that its an iconic line... but to spend $200 more just to have a figure that represents that moment in time seems... excessive. Isn't Terminator cool because he's a nasty robot underneath? Isn't that want you want to see -- ripped up flesh with the cyborg monster hidden inside? That's what's scary.

Last edited:
You are slow, you are slow... Ha Ha.

OK, there. Done. :)

But seriously, why do so many people want the "I'll be back" clean Arnold? I understand that its an iconic line... but to spend $200 more just to have a figure that represents that moment in time seems... excessive. Isn't Terminator cool because he's a nasty robot underneath? Isn't that want you want to see -- ripped up flesh with the cyborg monster hidden inside? That's what's scary.

For me, it's just a matter of displaying both sculpts when I already have a body and a shirt to start. And with a clean shirt it gives it enough variance between the two versions.

I'm glad you like the pics guys. I always enjoy photographing Terminator. Here's the video to go with them, which was also fun to put together. Love the soundtrack.

I'm glad you like the pics guys. I always enjoy photographing Terminator. Here's the video to go with them, which was also fun to put together. Love the soundtrack.

Great images....thank you!
Now that you have had it for a few days and spent time with it do you have a Pro & Cons? Where does it fit (in your opinion) with Tech Noir, DX10 and DX13?

Back