1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ged-T-800-PF&p=7154915&viewfull=1#post7154915

How does an American company produce this based on an American blockbuster movie? No promises that I'll never complain about Hot Toys again but admittedly, it seems Terminator is in better hands over in China than it would be at home if that T2 PF is anything to go by.

t2format.jpg

sammysosasoreal.jpg

Anyone going to sell their Tech Noir and replace with this one? Would you?
Would never sell it! The Tech Noir outfit from the beginning of the film is very iconic by itself and in some ways it has a much cooler look than the police shootout.. I think the Tech Noir looks more menacing... Nevertheless i say you need both versions, no doubt about that!

Would never sell it! The Tech Noir outfit from the beginning of the film is very iconic by itself and in some ways it has a much cooler look than the police shootout.. I think the Tech Noir looks more menacing... Nevertheless i say you need both versions, no doubt about that!

:clap Like RoboCop's two looks, equally memorable.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ged-T-800-PF&p=7154915&viewfull=1#post7154915

How does an American company produce this based on an American blockbuster movie? No promises that I'll never complain about Hot Toys again but admittedly, it seems Terminator is in better hands over in China than it would be at home if that T2 PF is anything to go by.
I was thinking the same thing about the HT criticisms when you've got this as a point of comparison. SSC's statues have never really had HT-level paint quality, but this one looks worse than most I've had in-hand.

Apologies in advance to any Freak who's getting either the Superman or T2 PFs, but why even bother?

These would be merely embarrassing "efforts" at $150, but at $400, these are unconscionably bad.

Get the HT versions for $600, $650, tops.

Dude, you're too young to remember the 80's so don't even try. Your recollection is based on the movies YOU chose to watch while waiting for 1989's Batman.

Let's recap the top "tentpole" summer movies for Khev:

1980: Empire Strikes Back - no big dude
1981: Raiders - no big dude
1982: ET - no big dude
1983: Jedi - no big dude
1984: Temple/Doom OR Ghostbusters - no big dude
1985: Back to Fututre - no big dude
1986: Aliens OR Top Gun - no big dude
1987: Predator (ranks #5) - now finally a big dude
1988: Die Hard - no big dude
1989: Batman - no big dude

Conan, Terminator, Predator, Rambo 2 and 3 did not completely define the 80's.

1980: Empire Strikes Back - Darth Vader
1981: Raiders - Bomber Pat Roach
1982: ET - no big dude - the film was big and gay (if that counts)
1983: Jedi - Darth Vader
1984: Temple/Doom OR Ghostbusters - Bomber Pat Roach with a turban - Mr Stay Puft
1985: Back to Fututre - Biff Tannon
1986: Aliens OR Top Gun - Queen Alien (admittedly female but big) - Big a55 planes
1987: Predator (ranks #5) - now finally a big dude

So I agree bigdid define the 80's

^^^ fantastic pics; best yet

Nice pics, thanks for that as now I have a good idea as to how in looks in hand. Looks good enough for me, do wish he had a bulkier
body though and neck area.

Looking at sideshows absolutely wank statue of Terminator 2 has made me realise that this really isn't so bad after all.

Back