1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do so many people want the "I'll be back" clean Arnold? I understand that its an iconic line... but to spend $200 more just to have a figure that represents that moment in time seems... excessive. Isn't Terminator cool because he's a nasty robot underneath? Isn't that want you want to see -- ripped up flesh with the cyborg monster hidden inside? That's what's scary.

I actually wasn't gonna display that myself, you really need a diorama for that otherwise no one's gonna pinpoint it as him saying ''I'll be back'' specifically.

But the eye surgery scene is ****ed now thanks to Hot Toys decision to only provide a BD vest. I might aswell leave my existing kitbash as is. Was really hoping to have an accurate vest for it.

I'm fine with the figure as is. I'm perfectly content and think it looks great.

Still, it wouldn't have hurt Hot Toys to include,

- sculpted gauze/wrapped right forearm and hand
- a second grey shirt that's clean without blood/holes

How hard would that have been? That's not asking for a completely different look like an extra set of damaged pants or another leather jacket ala DX 13. It would be just like the MMS 117 that had . . . an extra forearm and an extra shirt!

Beggars can't be choosers, but it does seem like they didn't care.

I'm glad you like the pics guys. I always enjoy photographing Terminator. Here's the video to go with them, which was also fun to put together. Love the soundtrack.

Awesome pictures and what an awesome soundtrack. So pumped for this figure!

How hard would that have been? That's not asking for a completely different look like an extra set of damaged pants or another leather jacket ala DX 13. It would be just like the MMS 117 that had . . . an extra forearm and an extra shirt!

Thusfar T1 has gotten short shrift from Hot Toys compared to T2. Easily known where their preference lies. This figure relatively mishandled, possible cost cutting measures taken (reuse of a T2 body), no other characters made (as yet anyway) - I mean surely Kyle Reese ought to be the T1 line's equivalent of MMS119 Sarah Connor. But who know's if they're thinking about him at all. They've never mentioned him.

Last edited:
I think when I get my 2 figs, one will be posed with the AR18 in one hand out stretched, in the other hand his shotgun resting on his shoulder.
images

The other fig will be my ultra battle damaged fig, after getting hit by the truck. I will put him on the base it comes with and have him in a limping pose.

Yeah I'll be going with those two set-ups to start with. Later I'll be getting my Sideshow order and he'll be from the motel attack/bike rider, coat zipped up. After that it's just be parts that I'll be buying to complete the other promo-pic kitbashes.

I am happy with the figure.

Agree on the 'clean' shirt and maybe even a jacket.

Meh on the bandage arm. cloth bandages would look better than sculpted.

I think when I get my 2 figs, one will be posed with the AR18 in one hand out stretched, in the other hand his shotgun resting on his shoulder.
images

The other fig will be my ultra battle damaged fig, after getting hit by the truck. I will put him on the base it comes with and have him in a limping pose.

That's my plan - bash up the trousers a bit for ultra damaged as well

I have a Sweeney Todd base for my police shoot out

This is a dumb question, but is this the same body as the DX13 & TTM20? Trying to figure out why it looks so much smaller. Has anyone tried a body swap?

I think the key is to keep the collar up . And when we get the figure we have to extend the chest out creating the massive bulk of classic Arnold . After that , he's gonna look killer .

Looks good, although xenom0rph sounds like a Terminator himself.

When he compares the new head to the tech noir head, I do see how the new sculpt is softer. But its OK.

I totally forgott to compare the new BD to the "pre-eye surgery" headsculpt...lets see if someone else will pull this off.

Oh...just curious: I sound like a terminator? :) Damn. I hope this isn't a bad thing. :rotfl Arnie's still trying with his accent...after about 40 years in the states. :)

I'm not sure why alot of people seem to think the body is too small. Maybe the neck . But the rest is fine. He probably weighed no more than 230lbs while he made this movie. That was his peak bodybuilding weight. While thats big. Its not giant. Like let's say a 280 lbs Brock Lesnar size. The body is fine.

He was at 240 for Terminator, 205 for T2 and about 225 for T3.

Back