1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way on the collar - the upper leather flaps are sewed on the jacket. I pulled a bit and it came off, so i decided to cut the knot completely. The flaps will stay in place but then you have the full range for posing ... and in the movie from what I can tell these flaps were completely loose as well:

10700225_721886364533270_7566695661132377509_o.jpg

MY!
GOD!

What dafuq did they do to the neck?

Did they use a too small body?

I don't know what it is recently with HT...

I'm glad I don't see all these issues :lol

I'm really enjoying having him in the collection. I'll pick up a DX10 if I see one for a good price to display with him.

General consensus from the most regular posters - not as good as it could have been.
I'd say that's a pretty fair summation - what an anticlimax though, really.

While these recent pics are cool (credit to the posters), they really highlight some of it's not so good features.

I'm just glad to have the Tech Noir set - still one of HT' best.

I have a question about the body for anybody who has this figure in hand already; does it seem like a Hot Toys Muscular TrueType body would be bigger/bulkier then the body they used for this figure? Would it be worth a switch? From the pics, that's my only problem is that the body looks too small. Thanks

Maybe we expect too much? Although HT sets their own standards. Somehow OMG pics which usually come out first seem to show figs in a bad light, somehow :dunno
and first impressions count.

I must admit my initial reaction upon seeing OMG pics of the fig was disappointment in the sculpt, really disappointed actually but after seeing xenom0rph's video review & especially Para's pics on here, I am much more happy with the figure & as I have been saying until you get these figure in hand its very hard to judge them overall.

I love the Lou Ferrigno Hercules movies. Fell in love with them as a kid something fierce. I have quite a collection of sword and sandel movies.

I have my Terminator on order with Loontenttoys and Feng says they will be here by the end of the month. I think getting them early is cool but 40 - 50 quid extra for the sake of a few weeks is hard for me to justify.

By the way, I for one flippen hate signatures with animated scenes from awesome movies and wish folks would knock it off. It just killls the scene man. It's like playing a once kick ass record on constant nonstop.

I dunno if we expect too much. We hope for too much is maybe the more correct word? HT rarely actually delivers what many people would call sculpting perfection. Better than most most of the time but hardly ever perfect.

Was it fair of us to expect HT to provide a clean vest and clean jacket, a bandaged arm and hand? Well, every other T-800 they've put out has pretty much covered all possibilities with HT showing a good memory and observation for movie scenes and what people are likely to want to recreate with their figures - this is the first T-800 release that skips over a segment of the film - eye surgery up to and including ''I'll be back'' and actually prevents us from creating those scenes. Even the compromise of reversing the vest is now not possible unless that blood all over the back can be 'washed out' So I'd say it was fair to 'expect' in this regard because of their own previous standards, maybe ill-advised to hope though....because, well, they let us down there.

Last edited:
Back