1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's accurate to the photograph but ever since someone pointed out how village people it looks I find it very unsatisfying as a figure. The point of it was to diversify the look of my T1 collection but it looks too naff.

I know of the poster and you pretty much nailed it, but like you said its kind of a goofy pose for a terminator. That gun shop scene was pretty gritty too, you really get the message that his guy is a stone cold machine and will terminate anyone in his path with not a second though given:horror

Might drop the teapot pose promo-shoot T-800 from my plans. This one:

I've since moved him onto a proper T-800 body and he has the MMS136 pants and boots rather than the MMS02 stuff as in the pic above but that's incidental.

I dunno, whaddaya think. It wasn't the most memorable promotional photograph was it. I might just stick to the movie poster for ''not from the film'' bashes. All I'd have to do is buy a Tech Noir coat to turn this guy into a gun-shop ''wrong'' T-800. I have the 12 gauge shotgun.
your poster figures are something i envy but cannot afford myself due to no place on shelves )))
i actually think i have never seen poster variants except in your collection. so do not get rid of any of them! one less and the poster collection is incomplete.
P.S. SELL ME YOUR MMS02 BOOTS! :pray:

Its kinda incomplete anyway, I've never set up the one with the Police shootout hair & Gargoyles, Tech Noir vest and the longslide handgun.

But damn you, you've given me pause once again.

Oh and all boots are in use. I too have a preference for the MMS02 boots in any case :D

Might drop the teapot pose promo-shoot T-800 from my plans. This one:

I've since moved him onto a proper T-800 body and he has the MMS136 pants and boots rather than the MMS02 stuff as in the pic above but that's incidental.

I dunno, whaddaya think. It wasn't the most memorable promotional photograph was it. I might just stick to the movie poster for ''not from the film'' bashes. All I'd have to do is buy a Tech Noir coat to turn this guy into a gun-shop ''wrong'' T-800. I have the 12 gauge shotgun.

Yeah looks a bit gay, maybe the Terminator is gay though, who knows :dunno

I've been rocking this pose with my Termi for like ages now, pretty much just standing there as emotionless as possible. That is if its possible for a 1/6 Action Figure to have emotion. :lol

DSCF1903_zps6757e85d.jpg

If I had to rank T3 vs. Salvation, I would probably rank T3 higher as well, because I think you can have fun watching it. But Salvation didn't have any real redeeming qualities at all to my eyes, except that the guy playing Reese was really good.

A real artist would have bit the bullet there and got behind the wheel/had his face blown off for the good of the film. ****ing shame that we get nothing but pansy, diva actors who aren't willing to do that nowadays.

Wait. . .is this really an option for us? My god. . .I never realized. . .I, I. . .

gf00d9121.gif

I've watched this clip about a hundred times. I'm convinced that's a real person. There's no way that's a prop. :lol

Another thing from T3 that always gets me is this scene. T models aren't suppose to have no emotion but in this scene Arnold overacted the line and made him have an anger approach. Always hilarious. :lol

Everything was an opportunity for a comedy moment in that film. Sure is lucky they had a cutting tool handy what with his power cell destabilising so suddenly without much warning.

So, with all this franchise talk, I finally rewatched T2 tonight. First time in a couple of years. It really seems less comedic now than it seemed in my mind from previous watches for some reason. But I still say there is a heck of a lot less tension than there was in T1, as it seemed designed foremost as a crowd pleaser. But still, really fun, great action, and heads and shoulders above most other action movies because the script was really smart, and the direction was exceptionally well done. All things considered, even though this isn't my favorite Terminator film, I think Cameron was at the top of his game when he made this film.

This sums up T3 of he was Malfunctioning. :lol

LOL, pretty good.

Did it for ya! The process has begun... a year from now, upon another viewing, T2 will become kara's favourite Terminator movie. *begins crossing days off calendar*

Back