1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it really an argument though, when one side clearly is in the right, as the T1 guys are here?

*edit: I'm seeing that the weird thread redirect is still happening. . .*

This whole argument over Terminator, Arnold, Christion Bale and more arguments on Terminator. Damn chill people.

Can we all agree that the line "He'll live" after Uncle Bob shoots that poor security guard in the legs several times is hilarious? :rotfl

I feel we need to draw up a statement of agreed upon facts for terminator fans:rotfl

1. T3 and T4 are not canon.

Can we all agree that the line "He'll live" after Uncle Bob shoots that poor security guard in the legs several times is hilarious? :rotfl

I feel we need to draw up a statement of agreed upon facts for terminator fans:rotfl

T5 is going to be crap. (it might seem passable on first viewing but it will get worse and worse as time goes on)

Well I think you bring up another important one:

2. T2 is damn funny at times

Terminator is dead unless Cameron comes back and makes a proper 2029 war film. Which he isn't going to do. Therefore Terminator is dead.

"He'll live," is another great T2 line. Not exactly what John had in mind. :lol

I don't really follow movie news (I don't care until I see a trailer with 'coming this Friday'), but I saw some interesting possible plot details for T5. Kind of a Back to the Future 2 concept. It could work if done well. Most likely it will be one of those, "It's okay but it's not canon!" Terminator films.

I wouldn't even want Cameron to come back. I think that the creative exploration of that universe is 25 years in the past for him now, and he's on to. . .other things. If he tried to do Terminator again, it would probably feel like a 180 degree shift from T2. It would probably have a heavy-handed environmental component. It would probably eschew live action in lieu of CG whenever possible. It would probably be grandiose and melodramatic. Having said that, I'm sure others would feel differently, as many feel differently than I do about the various connections (or lack thereof) between T1 and T2. I would certainly see it, while I doubt I would bother seeing T5 until it came on cable (as was the case with T3). It would most likely, at least, be thoughtful and well made for what it was.

2rhnuyc.gif

Back