1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if I dare to watch those youtubevideos since they are about my two favourite movies :O

I like T3 more than Salvation because of it's humor and parody. Salvation is just boring and Skynet is portrayed as this unintelligent, "stupid computer". I'm still not sure what the end game of that movie was. Atleast T3 has some sort of focus. Is it completely contradictory in story and tone to the first two Cameron films? Sure. I hate it for that. But if you look at it for what it is as this stupid satire with some pretty cool action scenes and special effects, it isn't so bad.

Still, in my mind (my "continuity"/canon) there's just T1 and T2. I also agree with kara that the ship has long since sailed as far as Cameron and directing Terminator films is concerned. He would **** it up. If Avatar is any indication, the story would suck, all the effects would be CGI and 3D, no more Stan Winston, etc. It would be a half-hearted attempted, especially when you consider the massive boner he's got going on for Avatar sequels. It just wouldn't be the same. The perfect time for a sequel for T1 and T2 would have been 1994 - 1998. He could have taken all those deleted, and abridged scenes and concepts from T1 and T2 and made a Future War film out of it. The main problem for that in 1984 and 1991 was budget reasons. After T2 (and after seeing what he did with Titanic), there should have been no problem capturing things like 2029 and Skynet in an entire film.

I always thought T2:3D was a cool little trial run where Cameron was testing the waters for a a film entirely about Judgment Day. Now, looking back, it's clear it was a test for 3D film (probably did have Avatar in mind) instead. What a shame.

The MMS 238 will make picking up a pair of T1 boots a lot easier, they were getting super expansive on eBay. I'm going to be getting this figure from timcent. I have given up on British online stores. I'm still waiting on the Crow & new Wolverine, I been told another month or 2 for the Crow & maybe 3 or 4 for Wolverine. :impatient::mad:

The MMS 238 will make picking up a pair of T1 boots a lot easier, they were getting super expansive on eBay. I'm going to be getting this figure from timcent. I have given up on British online stores. I'm still waiting on the Crow & new Wolverine, I been told another month or 2 for the Crow & maybe 3 or 4 for Wolverine. :impatient::mad:

I ordered the Robocops and ED-209 from british stores. Not sure I want to keep those orders after reading this. I paid deposits but...that was ages ago, can't even remember how much I paid...hmmmm.

And now something to balance out the Everything Wrong with The Terminator video:

To the makers of that video I believe I can explain 3 of those mistakes. You see they couldn't really shoot Arnold and Robert Patrick in the head to simulate flesh flying off or the head exploding in half and so - they had to use dummies! I know, imagine that.

Likewise the truck crash, if Robert Patrick had been in the truck when it crashed like that - he might have died, being as he is just a man and not really a liquid metal Terminator. So they opted to use a dummy instead.

I see all the Terminators and the movies as one thing, enjoyable, Christ I don't sit for hours in end over analysing the movies etc

T1 - Classic (my fave)
T2 - Def bigger and better
T3 - Really Enjoyable (great to see the Terminator back in screen)
TS - f'n love it, was close to taking the top spot over T1.
TV was also awesome, for what it was. If you don't like t3/S or the show there is something you can do, F off and don't watch them :) whiners,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still haven't gotten around to completing my customs of her using the Trevor Grove headsculpts. (have one sculpt painted and additionally customised by Silent Surfer) She will be my sole representation of that series.

If I had to rank T3 vs. Salvation, I would probably rank T3 higher as well, because I think you can have fun watching it. But Salvation didn't have any real redeeming qualities at all to my eyes, except that the guy playing Reese was really good.

To the makers of that video I believe I can explain 3 of those mistakes. You see they couldn't really shoot Arnold and Robert Patrick in the head to simulate flesh flying off or the head exploding in half and so - they had to use dummies! I know, imagine that.

Likewise the truck crash, if Robert Patrick had been in the truck when it crashed like that - he might have died, being as he is just a man and not really a liquid metal Terminator. So they opted to use a dummy instead.
A real artist would have bit the bullet there and got behind the wheel/had his face blown off for the good of the film. ****ing shame that we get nothing but pansy, diva actors who aren't willing to do that nowadays.

If you don't like t3/S or the show there is something you can do, F off and don't watch them :) whiners,
Wait. . .is this really an option for us? My god. . .I never realized. . .I, I. . .

gf00d9121.gif

I totally forget about the tv show all the time, I've only ever seen bits and pieces and never really managed to get past it feeling like a youtube fan series

Might drop the teapot pose promo-shoot T-800 from my plans. This one:

I've since moved him onto a proper T-800 body and he has the MMS136 pants and boots rather than the MMS02 stuff as in the pic above but that's incidental.

I dunno, whaddaya think. It wasn't the most memorable promotional photograph was it. I might just stick to the movie poster for ''not from the film'' bashes. All I'd have to do is buy a Tech Noir coat to turn this guy into a gun-shop ''wrong'' T-800. I have the 12 gauge shotgun.

Might drop the teapot pose promo-shoot T-800 from my plans. This one:

I've since moved him onto a proper T-800 body and he has the MMS136 pants and boots rather than the MMS02 stuff as in the pic above but that's incidental.

I dunno, whaddaya think. It wasn't the most memorable promotional photograph was it. I might just stick to the movie poster for ''not from the film'' bashes. All I'd have to do is buy a Tech Noir coat to turn this guy into a gun-shop ''wrong'' T-800. I have the 12 gauge shotgun.

Yeah that pose is not very terminatorish, I would go with the "wrong" gun shop T-800, do et noew:lecture

Yeah that pose is not very terminatorish, I would go with the "wrong" gun shop T-800, do et noew:lecture

It's accurate to the photograph but ever since someone pointed out how village people it looks I find it very unsatisfying as a figure. The point of it was to diversify the look of my T1 collection but it looks too naff.

Back