1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIIdE13.gif

What's with the gif? :lol Steve in the comics is a beast. Even in street clothes he looked huge. At least from the late 70's and later anyway. I know he wasn't that bulky when he debuted in the 40's.

I've got to admit that it looks really, really good there. Better than the impression I've had from the still shots for sure.

Don't know if you are aware, but he plays Dum Dum Dugan. He was great in Band of Brothers, and could have made a solid Cap. Would have done a great job of conveying the 1940s mentality.

Yeah, right movie, wrong character! Oh well, it's not the first time a guy who we think would've been great in one role got another instead.

Tech Noir and DX-13 heads are compared in that video, and this one seems a bit in-between. Shininess/softness seems on par with the DX-13.

Until we all have it in hand shut the **** up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will all respect you for taking your own advice :1-1:

Tech Noir and DX-13 heads are compared in that video, and this one seems a bit in-between. Shininess/softness seems on par with the DX-13.

We will all respect you for taking your own advice :1-1:

I'm not crying like a baba "oh his hair is too short, his pants aren't right, oh oh oh I'm gonna kill myself his eye is a tiny bit bloodier than the film"

Not directed directly at you but now the.....Enter second wave of "Damn it looks good comments"!!
It used to be a predictable cycle, from announcement, to first pics, to more pics and videos, to folks getting it in-hand, to folks getting bored with it, to HT releasing an updated version, etc. But that cycle is usually interrupted now by OMG (and now Jingobell) giving us top notch pics right out the door.

Not a fan of self-preservation, eh?

It's the same old **** on these forums... cry about the proto, go mental when early photos come out and cry cry cry, then get it in hand and say it isn't so bad, 2 weeks later back to crying about something else...

Yes there were tons of movies with skinny dudes. But there were also tons of movies with big idiots like that "Barbarians" movie. The point is all the tentpole action movies of the 80's starred Sly or Arnold, save a select few like Die Hard and Indiana Jones.

Big buff guys definitely eclipsed their leaner counterparts that decade.

Dude, you're too young to remember the 80's so don't even try. Your recollection is based on the movies YOU chose to watch while waiting for 1989's Batman.

Let's recap the top "tentpole" summer movies for Khev:

1980: Empire Strikes Back - no big dude
1981: Raiders - no big dude
1982: ET - no big dude
1983: Jedi - no big dude
1984: Temple/Doom OR Ghostbusters - no big dude
1985: Back to Fututre - no big dude
1986: Aliens OR Top Gun - no big dude
1987: Predator (ranks #5) - now finally a big dude
1988: Die Hard - no big dude
1989: Batman - no big dude

Conan, Terminator, Predator, Rambo 2 and 3 did not completely define the 80's.

Dude, you're too young to remember the 80's so don't even try. Your recollection is based on the movies YOU chose to watch while waiting for 1989's Batman.

Let's recap the top "tentpole" summer movies for Khev:

1980: Empire Strikes Back - no big dude
1981: Raiders - no big dude
1982: ET - no big dude
1983: Jedi - no big dude
1984: Temple/Doom OR Ghostbusters - no big dude
1985: Back to Fututre - no big dude
1986: Aliens OR Top Gun - no big dude
1987: Predator (ranks #5) - now finally a big dude
1988: Die Hard - no big dude
1989: Batman - no big dude

Conan, Terminator, Predator, Rambo 2 and 3 did not completely define the 80's.

I think it's more perception than anything else. The decade, at least in the US, was defined by its excess - big fashion, big hair, big spending, big dreams, big, big, BIG.

I think it's more perception than anything else. The decade, at least in the US, was defined by its excess - big fashion, big hair, big spending, big dreams, big, big, BIG.

That I agree with. But at the time in context, the appeal and acceptance of the muscle-bound thing was not like it is now. A generation that grew up with those movies, and only those movies, needed to come of age.

I like that generation because they also brought us the g-string and the shaved.

Back