1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were tons of forgotten thrillers and action films in the first half of the 80's where skinny was still the look after the coke-driven late 70's and early 80's. I couldn't begin to remember them all, but just think Michael Douglas and that type.

At the time of Conan, Arnold's physique was a joke and most laughed. Same when Rambo got ripped for Rambo II. Like the G-string, it took time for people to adjust.

Even the Hulk got a lean 90's "heart throb" makeover.

article-2025248-0D6439BD00000578-268_468x701.jpg

Thanks! What has been seen cannot be unseen!

And can we get a Ferrigno Hulk, Hot Toys, hmmm?

Yes there were tons of movies with skinny dudes. But there were also tons of movies with big idiots like that "Barbarians" movie. The point is all the tentpole action movies of the 80's starred Sly or Arnold, save a select few like Die Hard and Indiana Jones.

Big buff guys definitely eclipsed their leaner counterparts that decade. Even second and third tier action movies like Action Jackson, Red Scorpion, They Live, etc., featured buff dudes. I can't believe I'm actually having a conversation where I'm defending the presence of Arnold and Sly in the 80's.

What's next 20 years from now people will claim that superhero movies weren't that big a deal in the 2000's? ;)

I didn't want to say anything as I don't want to be confrontational on this forum...
But I have to say that your comment is way off base.
I know it is humor and hopefully it is just a misjudgement, but that isn't something to joke about.

Again I'm sure you are a great guy and we all make mistakes

Yep I'm a great guy,:D
I cant remember ever making 1 single mistake in my entire life but if I remember one. Ill be sure to get back to you.
The fig has landed in the Uk anyway, so :fest

Yes there were tons of movies with skinny dudes. But there were also tons of movies with big idiots like that "Barbarians" movie. The point is all the tentpole action movies of the 80's starred Sly or Arnold, save a select few like Die Hard and Indiana Jones.

Big buff guys definitely eclipsed their leaner counterparts that decade.

Beastmaster was I thing that help with the lean to buff transition as that Singer dude was well ripped but not a bodybuilder.

I’m not a comic but I do feel (from outside looking in) that there have been a few poorly cast actors for certain roles. An Example of this is Captain America. I don’t want to pick on CA but I seen comics, posters, statue’s of the character growing up but when the movie character was cast I just didn’t feel it. Not saying the movies were bad just the actor didn’t do it for me!!

Oh Evans definitely doesn't match the look of Steve from the comics. He was certainly a tough sell. One that I ultimately bought into wholeheartedly obviously, but still a tough sell nonetheless.

I think there are lots of guys who could do Cap justice. He's not so specific and quirky that you need a specific actor to do it right. Good looking blonde guy who can exude optimism and leadership with some bulk. Cut his hair and Hemsworth could be a really good Cap.

First review of the Awesome MMS238 is online guys! Review done by xenom0rph

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Deb9oM52OIo
I've got to admit that it looks really, really good there. Better than the impression I've had from the still shots for sure.

He may be too old or not big enough of a name, but I've always thought Neal McDonough, from Flags of Our Fathers, would've made a fine Cap.

View attachment 133181
Don't know if you are aware, but he plays Dum Dum Dugan. He was great in Band of Brothers, and could have made a solid Cap. Would have done a great job of conveying the 1940s mentality.

Back