1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash (CW) - The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I’m waiting for the S6/S7/S8 suit…
BWAH HAH HAHA HA! S6/S7/S8 suit?
Yep…that is coming right up!
I think the plan is to squeeze that release in between the Romero Joker, Penguin and Catwoman from Batman Returns, and the complete Suicide Squad from the new film…oh and TDK Nurse Joker of course, don’t want to forget that one.
I think it will be a Toy Fair Exclusive with Clarence Boddicker from Robocop…they’re probably wrapping up the prototype as I type this.
Anything else you want to add to the list of figures that are never going to be made?

I'm not a DC collector and had no plans on picking this up so I've got no dog in this fight, however this does look incredibly underwhelming and something a 3rd party would put out.

I haven't watched any unboxing videos, but based on the official blogger photos I've seen the masked headsculpt likeness is non-existant, the Grant headsculpt is kinda there (but more along the lines of a 3rd party sculpt and not an officially licensed one), the mismatched suit colors are absolutely jarring, the tailoring seems half-assed.

This is overall a massive fail in my opinion. Sorry to those who waited as long as they did to get this dud.

Someone on FB
screenshot_20211108-174302_facebook-jpg.544747

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211108-174302_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108-174302_Facebook.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 425
I'm not a DC collector and had no plans on picking this up so I've got no dog in this fight, however this does look incredibly underwhelming and something a 3rd party would put out.

I haven't watched any unboxing videos, but based on the official blogger photos I've seen the masked headsculpt likeness is non-existant, the Grant headsculpt is kinda there (but more along the lines of a 3rd party sculpt and not an officially licensed one), the mismatched suit colors are absolutely jarring, the tailoring seems half-assed.

This is overall a massive fail in my opinion. Sorry to those who waited as long as they did to get this dud.

Hey, if the HT Marvel has Chinese Renner, HT DC has Chinese Gustin. Gotta balance it.

The more I look at this one, especially compared to the one SooSoo made 3 years ago, it seems like this is nothing more than an afterthought for HT. Soosoo at least got the costume colors right.

Terrible that you have to completely repaint the suit to have it match the show.

Not only repainting the suit, looks like they padded the top of the shoulders to give him some sort of traps to get rid of that boxy look. Terrible

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, HT Havent been the “reigning king” of sixth scale figures for a while now. Honestly people need to stop putting them on this unreachable pedestal.

The gustin portrait is pretty much on par with MANY of their other HS.

You’re going to tell me the most recent Cap figure looks more like Chris Evans than this looks like Grant Gustin? Or Qui gonn looks like Liam Neeson? Or Bruce Wayne looks like Michael Keaton?

Undoubtedly they HAVE released some bangers like count dooku, but figures like that are far and few. And then you have figures made by their B team, such as this and the godawful daredevil.

I don’t know why people are surprised by this and I don’t get the complaints. It’s standard HT fare. I’d be shocked if they had put in more effort.

That custom looks so much better. I want them to release Arrow (Season 3 or Season 4/5 suit), but scared of how they might screw that one up.

This figure needs to be paired with Arrow…

Hey, if the HT Marvel has Chinese Renner, HT DC has Chinese Gustin. Gotta balance it.
Yeah, that was an absolute shame with the Ronin downgrade since I wanted that figure...oh well, money saved!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, HT Havent been the “reigning king” of sixth scale figures for a while now. Honestly people need to stop putting them on this unreachable pedestal.

The gustin portrait is pretty much on par with MANY of their other HS.

You’re going to tell me the most recent Cap figure looks more like Chris Evans than this looks like Grant Gustin? Or Qui gonn looks like Liam Neeson? Or Bruce Wayne looks like Michael Keaton?

Undoubtedly they HAVE released some bangers like count dooku, but figures like that are far and few. And then you have figures made by their B team, such as this and the godawful daredevil.

I don’t know why people are surprised by this and I don’t get the complaints. It’s standard HT fare. I’d be shocked if they had put in more effort.
Wait, if Hot Toys isn’t the “reigning king” of sixth scale figures, not just for awhile, but today, which company is?
ThreeZero? Blitzway? Sideshow? Who?
Let’s not get silly.
I’m not happy with a lot of what Hot Toys does and a lot of what they choose to release, but to suggest that there is some other company out there that has in some way surpassed them right now is actual nonsense.
I love Asmus and my Blitzway figures, but if you own them then you know that they are just not on par with what Hot Toys is releasing.
I wish what you were saying was true, because I would love to buy that company’s figures instead, but here we are in reality.

Wait, if Hot Toys isn’t the “reigning king” of sixth scale figures, not just for awhile, but today, which company is?
ThreeZero? Blitzway? Sideshow? Who?
Let’s not get silly.
I’m not happy with a lot of what Hot Toys does and a lot of what they choose to release, but to suggest that there is some other company out there that has in some way surpassed them right now is actual nonsense.
I love Asmus and my Blitzway figures, but if you own them then you know that they are just not on par with what Hot Toys is releasing.
I wish what you were saying was true, because I would love to buy that company’s figures instead, but here we are in reality.
“They’re no longer the reigning king” doesn’t mean another company has taken their place. It’s childish to think in those terms. It means other companies, 3rd party or 1st have come out with product that have surpassed or on par with what HT have produced. There was a time when other companies were playing “catch up”...but that’s no longer the case and hasn’t been for the past few years.

You bring up blitzway...you’re going to tell me that BW ghostbusters doesn’t blow away 80-90% of whatever HT released? Like...is that how hard you’re going to stan for HT? Like...really?

C’mon bruh. I don’t own those figures (I’m still kicking myself for missing out on them, not the biggest GB fan, but the craftsmanship was on another level), but the general consensus was that those figures were amazing. And it’s hard to disagree with that.

Look, it’s fine to like HT. I get it. I once thought as you do. But when I’m getting something like this from a freelance artist, for cheap btw:
B61E6AE8-8850-4573-A828-A152387ACC64.jpeg

This easily rivals HTs best headsculpt. It isn’t even up for discussion. Oh freelance artist doesn’t count? Ok how about official release?

66F9736E-31D5-4FB7-A6FA-CBA671320E75.jpeg

3rd party for good measure.

A247B541-80E8-4A85-A443-619139ED6B91.jpeg

Reigning king would mean that every product is a homerun. And the reality is...not every release from HT is a homerun. Might I remind you we’re paying PREMIUM prices for mediocre?

This flash figure is par for course. It’s expected and the only thing that would’ve shocked me is if they put in more effort into producing it.

Look man, if HT are still king for you...um...cool?

This is probably the first figure HT wishes they had never solicited. They clearly didn’t have the passion to get this right and it shows. This just feels phoned in enough to cover themselves under any legal fine print that the actual product may vary. Real shame. Hopefully this one lingers to the point Sideshow can hardly give him away and they give HT an earful.

This is probably the first figure HT wishes they had never solicited. They clearly didn’t have the passion to get this right and it shows. This just feels phoned in enough to cover themselves under any legal fine print that the actual product may vary. Real shame. Hopefully this one lingers to the point Sideshow can hardly give him away and they give HT an earful.

This is absolutely not the first figure they phoned in haha. I’m still butthurt over daredevil yo! That was literally HT taking a piece of dog$*** and molding it to “look” like daredevil. I legitimately hate that figure. I’d argue that 1/4 batman begins was phoned in as well.

In this scenario with the flash, it’s possible they were going to just sit on the license (so no other company can acquire it, which they have done so in the past) and not make anything, but figured “eh, whatever, we have left over material from x and so figure, just slap those together and call it a day”.

Like you said, real shame. It’s a shame this figure wasn’t handled by their A team. I’m still on the fence about it. It’s not godawful...but it’s definitely not good either.

Honestly don't know what you mean by Daredevil, it's pretty good representation of the suit.

Yeah, I love my Daredevil figure...the only flaw it has is they made it too short.

Not only repainting the suit, looks like they padded the top of the shoulders to give him some sort of traps to get rid of that boxy look. Terrible
What is it with Hot Toys and zero traps. They just don't pay enough attention to body shape in the end product when the heads and outfits are in place.

Yeah, I love my Daredevil figure...the only flaw it has is they made it too short.

It wasn’t just too short, he looked scrawny as well.

Honestly don't know what you mean by Daredevil, it's pretty good representation of the suit.

The suit, and the suit only, looks nice. I’ll agree with you there. But it was restrictive as hell and I couldn’t do any decent poses. And it once again accentuated HT inability to recognize the weaknesses of their stock body; no traps and no ratchet joints (which is needed if you’re going to dress it up in a restrictive outfit).

I’m not saying anyone that likes the figure is an idiot or whatever. If you like it, that’s cool. In fact I envy you haha. But I REALLY loved the show and wanted an awesome sixth scale rep of DD. it’s flaws were just too much that I couldn’t bring myself to review it.

When you compare it to something like Deadpool, you can feel which of the two received more care and thought in its design.

Back