1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash (CW) - The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The red shades are off. The materials look off. Grants head looks off.

I cancelled my pre-order.

Don’t watch the show but have seen pictures and whatnot.
It looks awful, but also looks one hundred percent identical to what I see when I see images from the show.
Hot Toys costume looks bad - costume in the show looks bad. Nailed it.
Head sculpt looks goofy - guy who plays the Flash looks goofy. Nailed it again.
Not sure why people are surprised that they don’t like this figure. Don’t blame Hot Toys for this one.
Next thing you know people will complain when Hot Toys releases a Danny Devito figure that they made him short, fat, and bald and he doesn’t look enough like The Rock.

This one definitely looks on par with the 3rd party version, didn't preorder him
since there is pretty much zero chance of them doing Supergirl or Arrow, but kind
of glad I didn't now. The Grant head just looks weird, not sure I can point the finger at
any one specific thing with it, though.

Also, watching the Sideshow unboxing... A super-fast, dynamic-necessary posing figure
has... NO SPLIT CUT BOOT? WTF Hot Toys? :slap

It looks awful, but also looks one hundred percent identical to what I see when I see images from the show.
Not sure why people are surprised that they don’t like this figure. Don’t blame Hot Toys for this one.
Next thing you know people will complain when Hot Toys releases a Danny Devito figure that they made him short, fat, and bald and he doesn’t look enough like The Rock.
I only watched the show early on so maybe you're correct and this is accurate to a version later in the show, but at no point do I recall both his suit's colors and its materials being so mismatched. Looking back at the prototype pics this is pretty much what HT was planning, so in retrospect the disappointment being expressed is about two years too late. Anyway, easy pass for me.

Yeah…the light red is the wrong shade and the fabric looks cheap, too thick and baggy. The actual suit is closer to maroon to make sure it doesn’t look too mismatch. The rest look fine. But, the things I just mentioned just throws the figure off.

See the set photo with sunny days

5DA3D5C1-BF2A-401C-B8FD-BE5442040235.jpeg

Last edited:
I want to believe the colors are a lighting issue, but I really don't see that being the case here. Seriously considering cancelling this PO.

Looked pretty good in the unboxing video.
Maybe I’m missing some of the subtle nuances because I don’t watch the show, but I can’t imagine not being happy with this figure if I did.

Looked pretty good in the unboxing video.
Maybe I’m missing some of the subtle nuances because I don’t watch the show, but I can’t imagine not being happy with this figure if I did.
It's as Magic Chaser indicated above - the fabric color is too light. It should be a closer match to the maroon pleather sections - not identical, but the contrast shouldn't be so striking. The sculpt does look pretty nice in that video though, so I'm not sure why some people are complaining about that as well.

Well that's disappointing. I was a big fan of S1 this suit but they've made it look absolutely terrible. It does appear that they put it on a slimmer body at least, and the unmasked head is pretty solid, but the likeness on the other head is nonexistent now and the mask looks way too thick on it.

Nnah the outfit looked far better than this on the series. Maybe not traditional Flash enough for some fans, but still a pretty cool and memorable design I think.

_107903_wb_2740b-h_2016~01_1.jpg

I think overall it looks solid. To my eye, some portions look like they're the pleather-like material (correct me if I'm wrong). In my opinion they should've used the 'vinyl-y' type material used for their super suits, as it would look a bit better.

Nnah the outfit looked far better than this on the series. Maybe not traditional Flash enough for some fans, but still a pretty cool and memorable design I think.
A lot of the aspects of the suit just didn't translate well. Look at how smooth the leather sections are on the actual show suit. Then look at how thick and textured they are on the figure. The forearm just looks like a skinny tube instead of an actual persons forearm shape and the zig zag under his pecs are just oversized and thick when they're a subtle darkness on the shows suit. The red is also completely off. Reminds me of the Iron Man Mark 3 problem where they just decided to slap some Candy Red instead of the proper maroon shade. You also have that thick chest plate that looks like it's sitting on top of his suit rather than being a part of it.

Overall it just looks like a sloppy patch job done by Hot Toys. Really looks like some third party figure work.

JzWHMKE.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for HT to revisit CW Flash.

The sculpt looks pretty good in that video. I think the the fit of the costume is ok too, but, man, those reds aren't even close.

They’ve captured Grant Gustin’s likeness pretty well. The masked head looks off though. It did in the prototype too though. I was hoping maybe they’d refine it before release, but it doesn’t appear that they did. I think as far as the costume goes, it looks close to me, but the colors do appear a bit off on the figure. I was never a big fan of the season 1 suit, personally, but sorry for the people who were looking forward to this and are disappointed in the way it turned out.

A lot of the aspects of the suit just didn't translate well. Look at how smooth the leather sections are on the actual show suit. Then look at how thick and textured they are on the figure. The forearm just looks like a skinny tube instead of an actual persons forearm shape and the zig zag under his pecs are just oversized and thick when they're a subtle darkness on the shows suit. The red is also completely off. Reminds me of the Iron Man Mark 3 problem where they just decided to slap some Candy Red instead of the proper maroon shade. You also have that thick chest plate that looks like it's sitting on top of his suit rather than being a part of it.

Overall it just looks like a sloppy patch job done by Hot Toys. Really looks like some third party figure work.

JzWHMKE.jpg

Absolutely agree with you - the suit has been done a huge disservice by Hot Toys, it looks just hideous on the figure and even just the bare minimum effort would have been a huge improvement on what we've got.
the lack of a split-boot design just goes to show how little thought has been put into this release.
The headsculpt looks like it was made 10+ years ago, the resemblance to Gustin is ephemeral at best and is shown in its worst light by Hot Toys' official photos.
What a really disappointing release.

Back