1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash (CW) - The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will pick it up once it hits the bargain bin. The first 2 seasons has sentimental value to me, it had a lot of messages that got me through a rougher spot in life.

I will pick it up once it hits the bargain bin. The first 2 seasons has sentimental value to me, it had a lot of messages that got me through a rougher spot in life.

That’s what bums me out. I may not have the same attachment to it like you do, but I absolutely adored the show and it’s characters and have been wanting HT to acquire the license of this show, arrow and legends.

We had a bunch of batman, Superman, but no other DC character. I desperately wanted to expand my collection with other heroes from DC.

Had I known what we were gonna end up with...

It’s heartbreaking man. And I’m sorry this figure and the company behind it let you down.

I truly hope SST takes another crack at flash. They don’t play around and I’m positive it’ll destroy this door stopper.

That’s what bums me out. I may not have the same attachment to it like you do, but I absolutely adored the show and it’s characters and have been wanting HT to acquire the license of this show, arrow and legends.

We had a bunch of batman, Superman, but no other DC character. I desperately wanted to expand my collection with other heroes from DC.

It’s heartbreaking man. And I’m sorry this figure and the company behind it let you down.

I truly hope SST takes another crack at flash. They don’t play around and I’m positive it’ll destroy this door stopper.
I think a soosoo tv flash in the most recent suit would be killer

It's too bad that a lot of DC collectors missed out on JL Flash and JL Aquaman. Both excellent figures.

I'm looking forward to this guy:

183217wiiq3pn43qnc43pc_grande.jpg

and of course this figure:

cyborg-special-edition_dc-comics_gallery_6102de0e4c00e.jpg

In hand..I like it

People can debate but too the naked eye ..I say this is Grant Gustin as Barry S1 and

The SoSo version looks so strange to me now :horror

I like the body and proportions ..the suit could be less baggy but all in all I like the craftsmanship and material used . There is some ankle movement which is not bad as I thought .

Last edited:
In hand..I like it

People can debate but too the naked eye ..I say this is Grant Gustin as Barry S1 and

The SoSo version looks so strange to me now :horror

I like the body and proportions ..the suit could be less baggy but all in all I like the craftsmanship and material used . There is some ankle movement which is not bad as I thought .

Yeah that SST aged like milk.

It's too bad that a lot of DC collectors missed out on JL Flash and JL Aquaman. Both excellent figures.
They didn't miss out IMO. JL Flash and both JL and solo movie Aquaman languished for quite awhile along with WW if my memory serves me correctly. It wasn't until the Snyder Cut was officially announced that those figures sold out. Ppl had time to get them if they really wanted them. Both Aquaman figures were available at the same time for a bit even, so folks had their choice. Once the figure they "missed out" on grows in aftermarket price they all of sudden want it and claim they missed out. No, you just thought that figure wasn't worth it until now :lol That's generally speaking of course and not including financial hardship and/or getting into the hobby after those figures we released.

Completely agree Brooklyn,
I absolutely loved this show, and despite its patchy quality in subsequent seasons I do still hold a soft spot for it and I was so excited for this figure, especially because as you say there are so many figures of the DC trinity and it would be nice to diversify.
But yep, this is a complete disappointment.
Soosootoys recent work has been pretty impressive and at least they got the suit colours right the first time! So (barring some disaster) they should only improve on their first attempt.
It might take some time but I'm sure someone will have a go at Gustin's Flash again (maybe the suit from another season).

They didn't miss out IMO. JL Flash and both JL and solo movie Aquaman languished for quite awhile along with WW if my memory serves me correctly. It wasn't until the Snyder Cut was officially announced that those figures sold out. Ppl had time to get them if they really wanted them. Both Aquaman figures were available at the same time for a bit even, so folks had their choice. Once the figure they "missed out" on grows in aftermarket price they all of sudden want it and claim they missed out. No, you just thought that figure wasn't worth it until now :lol That's generally speaking of course and not including financial hardship and/or getting into the hobby after those figures we released.

As someone who is now regretting not picking them up, I do agree with you.
The Joss Whedon cut of Justice League left such a bad taste in my mouth that I had no appetite to pick up any Justice League figures beyond the characters I already enjoyed (the DC trinity); despite my overall desire to diversify my DC display - I disliked the movie THAT much.
But then I saw ZSJL and my whole opinion changed and now I wished I picked up both Aquaman and Flash while I could (despite my still preferring Gustin's portrayal over Miller's).
That said, on the whole, I really don't have much against straight up re-issues, provided that the price isn't hiked up by the company's greed.
Like you said it helps those who are new to the hobby or couldn't afford the original run.
Then again, I don't really buy figures with the intent of ever selling them or seeing them as an investment - so I can understand why some folk who do so might not be entirely pleased by reissues.
That's an ethical question to pose to the crowd I'd say.

As someone who is now regretting not picking them up, I do agree with you.
The Joss Whedon cut of Justice League left such a bad taste in my mouth that I had no appetite to pick up any Justice League figures beyond the characters I already enjoyed (the DC trinity); despite my overall desire to diversify my DC display - I disliked the movie THAT much.
But then I saw ZSJL and my whole opinion changed and now I wished I picked up both Aquaman and Flash while I could (despite my still preferring Gustin's portrayal over Miller's).
That said, on the whole, I really don't have much against straight up re-issues, provided that the price isn't hiked up by the company's greed.
Like you said it helps those who are new to the hobby or couldn't afford the original run.
Then again, I don't really buy figures with the intent of ever selling them or seeing them as an investment - so I can understand why some folk who do so might not be entirely pleased by reissues.
That's an ethical question to pose to the crowd I'd say.

Yeah, that’s it in a nutshell. I just used “missed out” as shorthand for what you guys are saying.

Until ZSJL released I had passed on them as well. Josstice League was a massive disappointment and I felt just having the DC trinity assembled on my display shelf was sufficient for me. But after seeing the Snyder cut of the film I decided I did indeed want the whole team (of course sans Cyborg but I still held out hope for a release one day down the road). So I placed orders for what apparently must have been among the last available inventory for both figures via BBTS. They both sold out the next day or two. I had slept on them as you guys are saying, but was lucky enough to pick them up at retail just in the nick of time.

Apologies if this has already been posted, if so I’m being lazy by not scrolling back through the thread to check. But this repaint by sxikero18 on instagram looks pretty darn good.

1D31DF87-9E70-4866-AA72-540A24D3BCC6.jpeg

Good job on that repaint, like you say Turtle882 it would be good to give it a go if you can pick the figure up at a discount.
I'm happy you could pick up those figures at retail Alatar! That is some pretty decent luck.

Maybe I’m not attached to the source material enough, or I look at figures with too much of an eye for what I could fix once I got it, but I just don’t get the hate for this figure.

I think it looks as good as any other middle of the road HT release. Has some flaws but is overall pretty good IMO. I think the suit coloring is the only “objective” flaw. Lack of ankle articulation is a disappointment but how many great figures have some issue like that? I think the sculpts are pretty good.

Let’s be honest though, CW The Flash was never going to be a tent pole for Hot Toys. They’ve clearly staked their tent around Marvel, The Mandalorian, and cinematic Batmans. Even those releases aren’t perfect. Seems this figure’s being held up to a standard that was never reasonable IMO.

I don't really consider getting the costume color correct or at least close to be a unreasonable standard. Everything but the suit is fine, acceptable, won't wow anyone, but not a loser either. But the suit is the WRONG COLOR. And superheroes are known by their suits. When this figure is on discount, I'll be happy to buy him and fix him, but I'm not paying full price for a half-assed figure. You want full price, you whole-ass it.

Maybe I’m not attached to the source material enough, or I look at figures with too much of an eye for what I could fix once I got it, but I just don’t get the hate for this figure.

I think it looks as good as any other middle of the road HT release. Has some flaws but is overall pretty good IMO. I think the suit coloring is the only “objective” flaw. Lack of ankle articulation is a disappointment but how many great figures have some issue like that? I think the sculpts are pretty good.

Let’s be honest though, CW The Flash was never going to be a tent pole for Hot Toys. They’ve clearly staked their tent around Marvel, The Mandalorian, and cinematic Batmans. Even those releases aren’t perfect. Seems this figure’s being held up to a standard that was never reasonable IMO.

If isn’t clear by now, I’m the exact opposite and cant figure out how anyone can praise it.

Your description of “middle of the road HT release” is how I would describe most of HT releases, with many exceptions...and what’s gotten us so heated over the past few pages...

HOWEVER, I can’t in good faith say THIS particular figure is “middle of the road”. Because even HT middle of the road figures still feel like there’s some effort put into them.

A figure like Royce from predators wasn’t going to be a tent pole figure either, but It outclasses this one in every way...and that figure is over 10 years old. Just because the flash Isn’t marvel or SW doesn’t mean they couldn’t have put more of an effort into producing it. If they were going to half@$$ it like they clearly did, then why bother purchasing the license in the first place?

And honestly, there’s a big problem if I, as a fan of the character and consumer that’s paying over $250 for a character I desire, shouldn’t expect it to reach the heights of something like Batfleck...i mean...c’mon.

If it’s gonna be a phoned in release, then the MSRP should reflect that. But that was never an option for HT.

I’m not here to reignite another heated debate. I’d like to, for once, have a calm discussion. I refuse to believe that discussions like this always end up an insult $#!t fest.

How does one go about painting a cloth suit like that anyway? I've never tried. I'm of course happy for anyone that is satisfied by this release. I wish I were. The show has declined in quality, but the first few seasons have a lot of heart.

Back