Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent job, Hot Toys!
Now let me tell you about a little upcoming movie called The Watchmen...

hot toys are destroying all competition - period.
How the hell are they getting all these licenses so quick ?.
Iorn man , aliens , predator , avp , avp 2 , batman begins , dark knight , tons !!! :rock
Hot toys , keep it up !!! :rock

Because they are simply second to none! This is an AWESOME announcment, I did know it was coming though.

Came across a toy review guy blog in HK, he posted a picture. And I suspect is the Hot Toys Batman and Joker.

Here goes.
ap_20080503031733964.jpg.jpg

Came across a toy review guy blog in HK, he posted a picture. And I suspect is the Hot Toys Batman and Joker.

Here goes.

I almost hope not, if it is, that Joker actually looks kind weak for HT. Details there but the eye makeup is almost absent. Batman is promising though, for that matter so is Joker if he's painted right. I can't see HT not getting the face paint right though.

Here goes.

I really like the lifted brow but as Maulfan said where is the eye makeup> It does look very good though.

I wouldn't even think it was Hot Toys if not for the texture on Joker's skin, but they're very good at it, it's like a signature for them so I think this may be HT Joker, but hopefully a very early prototype, maybe even an image to present to WB for approval or something and it's leaked out.

Here goes.

That looks freaking awesome! Yeah, the black around the eyes needs to be darker, but most Hot Toys figures are just as good, if not better than their prototypes. Plus, if that is just a leaked pic, the paint may not be final either.

But even if that is NOT Hot Toy's stuff, someone did a great job!

I wouldn't even think it was Hot Toys if not for the texture on Joker's skin, but they're very good at it, it's like a signature for them so I think this may be HT Joker, but hopefully a very early prototype, maybe even an image to present to WB for approval or something and it's leaked out.

You can even see some of that skin texture on batman.

The more I look, doesn't even seem like there is any black paint on the eyes, just shadow from the sculpt. I really think/hope it's a leaked image, it would sort of make sense for HT to show something like this to WB, fairly painted but as we've seen with Heath in the movie, the eye and lip makeup lose Heath's image, so for approval puproses on a painted sculpt, they'd probably want to show a fairly clean one then add the rest of the makeup and get the paint approved. HT's doing TDK though, and with their current quality, that's very exciting.

Right now, I'm down for Batman, Joker, Bruce Wayne and depending on his design, Two-Face, if they make those.

The sculpt looks great though... really nice. The texture sells it for me, as the paint on his face looks to have a texture too. The paint, as always, can be fixed. But I love what I see so far. :rock

The more I look, doesn't even seem like there is any black paint on the eyes, just shadow from the sculpt. I really think/hope it's a leaked image, it would sort of make sense for HT to show something like this to WB, fairly painted but as we've seen with Heath in the movie, the eye and lip makeup lose Heath's image, so for approval puproses on a painted sculpt, they'd probably want to show a fairly clean one then add the rest of the makeup and get the paint approved. HT's doing TDK though, and with their current quality, that's very exciting.

Right now, I'm down for Batman, Joker, Bruce Wayne and depending on his design, Two-Face, if they make those.

Even though you are the master photographer here, I'm going to have to disagree. I think there is some light grey shading around the eyes. His right brow is raised and their is grey up to it, which would suggest paint to me instead of shadows. I could be wrong though, but that is just my take on it.

I do agree that they might not be adding the black for the sake of getting a likeness approval though. That make-up TOTALLY removes Ledger's likeness. Odd how that works, would actually make a great disguise for real criminals though!

Mattel's also has a very light grey around the eyes too though, so maybe it is some weird WB request? :dunno

HELL FRICKIN A$$ YES! :rock
SO LET IT BE WRITTEN! SO LET IT BE DONE!

OFF TO CANCEL SOME (a few...select...) UNNEEDED PREORDERS!

DAMN SKIPPY! Between this and Ironman, LET THERE BE HOT TOYS! :rock

There may be some paint on his eyes, but if there is, it's too minimal for a final piece, it's a good base paint for making the black fade out into the white though, but right around his eye at least should be pretty pur black and fade out the further it gets to the edge of the socket.

Hot Toys needs to redeem themselves after their lackluster (imo) Batman Begins figure.

I really hope they don't intend on re-using parts of that figure...MAYBE some accessories and the hand molds...but otherwise is really fell short in comparison to the masterpiece that is the Takara Batman.

I don't think Hot Toys needs redemption nor will they recycle the old parts. The new figures will be on the new True Type which has wider shoulders so the suit won't even work.

As for redemption, HT Begins Batman was up to their par when it came out, while not better than Takara, it was on par with HT, they were good when they first hit the market, but not great. They've grown leaps and bounds in a couple of years, look at their first Rambo compared to the most recent 2, it's a night and day quality difference. I'm sure their TDK Bat will be stellar.

I hope they give us a Bruce Wayne so I'll easily have 90% of the figure pre-made to put Andy's Bale head on.

I don't think Hot Toys needs redemption nor will they recycle the old parts. The new figures will be on the new True Type which has wider shoulders so the suit won't even work.

As for redemption, HT Begins Batman was up to their par when it came out, while not better than Takara, it was on par with HT, they were good when they first hit the market, but not great. They've grown leaps and bounds in a couple of years, look at their first Rambo compared to the most recent 2, it's a night and day quality difference. I'm sure their TDK Bat will be stellar.

I hope they give us a Bruce Wayne so I'll easily have 90% of the figure pre-made to put Andy's Bale head on.

:lecture

Hot Toys started off somewhere between Medicom and Sideshow in terms of quality and sculpting. But now they are just as good, if not better than Sideshow is sculpting, and obviously better in costuming. But their prices clearly show that.

Back